Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Additional price increases announced... good news for current owners and reservation holders. ;)

"Tesla Model S also saw its price increase significantly today, and that’s after a big $5,000 price increase just a few months ago.
The Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range went from $99,990 to $104,990 with the price increase today.
The Plaid version of the flagship electric sedan stays the same price at $135,990."

Tesla-Model-S-Price-Jun-2022.jpg

Possible it was held up in a quality assurance area for a while.
I spoke to "corporate" today about why it was built almost two months ago.
He said the first person it was shipped to declined it as he bought another car from a third party. He declined it in "late May". They then tried to match it in the local area where it was delivered. When they found no matches they assigned it to me. While it does not have the tilt screen it does have the global lights.

I asked if I declined what would happen. He said I would go back in the queue with other reservation numbers like mine.

We'll see.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
I spoke to "corporate" today about why it was built almost two months ago.
He said the first person it was shipped to declined it as he bought another car from a third party. He declined it in "late May". They then tried to match it in the local area where it was delivered. When they found no matches they assigned it to me. While it does not have the tilt screen it does have the global lights.

I asked if I declined what would happen. He said I would go back in the queue with other reservation numbers like mine.

We'll see.
My Plaid doesn't have the tilt and I'm fine with it. I felt my eyes were catching to much glare from the glossy screen. Got a matte finish glass screen protector and it's not an issue anymore.
I guess someone might find it a useful feature, just not me.

After about a year of waiting, I got a VIN this AM with a June 30 - July 3 Delivery Window. At this point, should I apply for financing or wait until I receive a text from the SA?

NF480xxx for reference
Rates are volatile, I would start now, it'll take you at least two-three days to complete the loan process depending on how responsive your bank is and how fast you provide documents. For reference: I was able to lock in a 3.0 APR on the very same day the fed increased rates by .75, my credit union said that even if the car is delayed that's not a problem and my payments don't start until August.

Prior to being assigned the VIN my EDD was June 18 - July 23 (approx, few +/- day shifts). When I logged in this AM the dates shifted to June 30 - July 3 and VIN attached. I did not get the huge bump out that others have reported just prior to being assigned a VIN.

As for financing, I changed my payment and applied via Tesla and was approved in 15 minutes with Wells Fargo at 3.74%. A bit higher than others, but unbelievably easy compared to going to the banks directly. I'll pay the 75bps for ease of execution.

Reactions: Joe Gii and GrnSqrl
Prior to being assigned the VIN my EDD was June 18 - July 23 (approx, few +/- day shifts). When I logged in this AM the dates shifted to June 30 - July 3 and VIN attached. I did not get the huge bump out that others have reported just prior to being assigned a VIN.

As for financing, I changed my payment and applied via Tesla and was approved in 15 minutes with Wells Fargo at 3.74%. A bit higher than others, but unbelievably easy compared to going to the banks directly. I'll pay the 75bps for ease of execution.

Getting close to me too. What specs did you get?

Delivery day today! I was "forced" to do home delivery as the option to pick up at the delivery center wasn't available for some reason. Anyway, the driver delivered the car and allowed me to conduct a quick internal & external inspection before I accepted delivery on the app. There were no major gap or finish issues as well as all accessories were included and everything worked. I do not have the swivel screen by the way, for those keeping track my VIN is between NF477520 & NF477550. Most of my driving today consisted of shuttling around some extended family I have visiting who said the vehicle is akin to a spaceship. I picked up on the yoke steering very quickly as well as the buttons on the steering wheel. (I might help that I am a bit of a gamer). The most difficult transition that I am still figuring out is "one pedal driving," as I'm trying to get rolling stops down. Aside from that a great vehicle. The only issues that I have so far are the lack of 14-50 NEMA adaptors available. My fault for not properly planning and getting them earlier. I have an electrician coming to the house on Monday to install a 14-50 adaptor in the garage, but still won't have a way to charge the vehicle. Additionally, I have summer tires that I was told were the all-seasons, so I am working to get those switched out. Also Tesla really messed up my registration with the address totally incorrect and the vehicle being registered in the wrong state, so I will need to get that fixed ASAP (Consequence of being in the military with a driver's license different from the state that I current reside in, or someone not paying attention when they entered the information). But overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the process. Thanks again to everyone in the group and those who are still waiting, I can say that it is worth it!

No. Get it from

Very happy with it. I don’t use the supplied magnets to tuck up the droop.

OEM lift gate sunshade for pre-refresh does fit though.

I have both.
I received my sunshade today. I suppose you don't remove it each time you drive especially when you drive on hwy. Is it secure when the car takes off and flies just in case? Asking for a friend:D Thx

I received my sunshade today. I suppose you don't remove it each time you drive especially when you drive on hwy. Is it secure when the car takes off and flies just in case? Asking for a friend:D Thx
I leave mine in all the time. I don't need the sun on my bald head:D. On the highway I usually have my windows closed. I haven't noticed any issues otherwise. I do recommend using the magnets to hold up the center section however.

I leave mine in all the time. I don't need the sun on my bald head:D. On the highway I usually have my windows closed. I haven't noticed any issues otherwise. I do recommend using the magnets to hold up the center section however.
I am not able to insert the clip securely to the roof on the cloth. I watched the video for Model Y. Don't know what I am doing wrong.. thx

Delivery day today! I was "forced" to do home delivery as the option to pick up at the delivery center wasn't available for some reason. Anyway, the driver delivered the car and allowed me to conduct a quick internal & external inspection before I accepted delivery on the app. There were no major gap or finish issues as well as all accessories were included and everything worked. I do not have the swivel screen by the way, for those keeping track my VIN is between NF477520 & NF477550. Most of my driving today consisted of shuttling around some extended family I have visiting who said the vehicle is akin to a spaceship. I picked up on the yoke steering very quickly as well as the buttons on the steering wheel. (I might help that I am a bit of a gamer). The most difficult transition that I am still figuring out is "one pedal driving," as I'm trying to get rolling stops down. Aside from that a great vehicle. The only issues that I have so far are the lack of 14-50 NEMA adaptors available. My fault for not properly planning and getting them earlier. I have an electrician coming to the house on Monday to install a 14-50 adaptor in the garage, but still won't have a way to charge the vehicle. Additionally, I have summer tires that I was told were the all-seasons, so I am working to get those switched out. Also Tesla really messed up my registration with the address totally incorrect and the vehicle being registered in the wrong state, so I will need to get that fixed ASAP (Consequence of being in the military with a driver's license different from the state that I current reside in, or someone not paying attention when they entered the information). But overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the process. Thanks again to everyone in the group and those who are still waiting, I can say that it is worth it!
I took delivery of my car in Feb 20th and got Pirelli summer tires. Still waiting for Rockville SC to swap them to AS tires as they had numerous appts that were rescheduled due to the parts unavailability. In addition, the rear Applique was damaged during delivery and I told them in that day thro App. Still waiting. I am curious about your AS tires swap.

I think Tesla hates RN1151. I’m in the same boat on the east coast. 12 moths since order and current EDD is 07/04-08/15.
I count myself as a VERY lucky RN1151 guy who actually received a car in Kansas City in early March! At the time, I really strongly considered rejecting the car, as it was one of the very last produced by Tesla with the "old" lights and charge port (and still having Radar). My gut instinct told me that if I rejected it, I could be waiting a LONG time for another car, and based on what I read on the forum, that seems to be true. I would have liked the new lights (though I actually prefer the older charge port and the Radar), but am so glad to be driving and enjoying my MSLR every day!

Hope all the remaining RN1151s in the midwest get their cars soon, and that they are flawless (if there is such a thing for Tesla!)...