Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not able to insert the clip securely to the roof on the cloth. I watched the video for Model Y. Don't know what I am doing wrong.. thx
As far as the clips go, there are certain areas they won't enter in. In hindsight, I would of went around the opening to find all points of entry that were available, prior to getting the shade in place. As long as you have 2 each on the left, right, front and back somewhat spaced apart it's good.

Reactions: bhakan and mswlogo
As far as the clips go, there are certain areas they won't enter in. In hindsight, I would of went around the opening to find all points of entry that were available, prior to getting the shade in place. As long as you have 2 each on the left, right, front and back somewhat spaced apart it's good.
That’s more or less what I did. There are some spots to tight, some to lose and some just right. But the just right spot might not be ideal on spacing. So I played around with it a bit. For all of 15 minutes. It’s been very secure.

Another irritant is My SA ignoring my request to speak to his manager and the fact they gave me only 30 hours to book my appointment before putting my order on hold.

So I wait 11 months and they put me on hold on in one day. So customer friendly.

Also, does anyone know how to get assigned to a new SA?

Last edited:
Was seeing EDD of June 30 - July 3, but got the delivery email/text this AM to schedule. I could only select either June 24 or June 25 and as you'd expect I'm supposed to be out of town. After 12 hours I got a follow up text stating that if I did not schedule ASAP I would lose the VIN. So I've modified my travel plans and will pick up the car on June 24 AM.

As noted above, it's pretty frustrating to wait 11 months and then be given a 2 day window less than 7 days out, but I don't want to wait any longer.

Was seeing EDD of June 30 - July 3, but got the delivery email/text this AM to schedule. I could only select either June 24 or June 25 and as you'd expect I'm supposed to be out of town. After 12 hours I got a follow up text stating that if I did not schedule ASAP I would lose the VIN. So I've modified my travel plans and will pick up the car on June 24 AM.

As noted above, it's pretty frustrating to wait 11 months and then be given a 2 day window less than 7 days out, but I don't want to wait any longer.
Yikes. Barely any time to settle tradeins or financing

That’s more or less what I did. There are some spots to tight, some to lose and some just right. But the just right spot might not be ideal on spacing. So I played around with it a bit. For all of 15 minutes. It’s been very secure.
I will try again with the info you and @JakesterMcZap provided. It was frustrating to insert the clips that day. I will try and see. As you said I plan to use in summer. One question-will the inserts affect the seal around the glass roof?

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
I didn’t receive anything.
Have you talked to anyone at Tesla or your delivery center (if applicable) since you got your VIN? If not, you may want to give them a call and establish some sort of connection. Not getting a text seems weird, assuming you have your correct phone number entered into your account.
Edit: never mind. I see from the other thread you are already scheduled for delivery.

Have you talked to anyone at Tesla or your delivery center (if applicable) since you got your VIN? If not, you may want to give them a call and establish some sort of connection. Not getting a text seems weird, assuming you have your correct phone number entered into your account.
Edit: never mind. I see from the other thread you are already scheduled for delivery.
Yeah. I texted them and visited the store. I did later receive a text to schedule delivery but I received nothing from the VIN assignment.