Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery center down the street. It's bizarre that no one from Telsa has reached out to me to schedule a delivery. How do I know what the next steps are?
If you just got a VIN it may take a week or so to schedule. Varies by distance.

If you got a VIN, normally, the car is NOT built yet. But that only takes a few days. Then takes a week or so on rail. They would not schedule until it’s on the way.

Sometimes you get inventory car and who knows when things will happen.

You can contact an SA for where the car is.

Getting VIN is not a guarantee either. But usually you get it.

End of quarter can make things a little crazy too.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BBB4000
If you just got a VIN it may take a week or so to schedule. Varies by distance.

If you got a VIN, normally, the car is NOT built yet. But that only takes a few days. Then takes a week or so on rail. They would not schedule until it’s on the way.

Sometimes you get inventory car and who knows when things will happen.

You can contact an SA for where the car is.

Getting VIN is not a guarantee either. But usually you get it.
Awesome, very helpful, thanks! I am over near DC on the east coast so sounds like I won't get it for at least a week...womp womp.

First day in my delivery window and no TXT, I don't have any contacts in my local store. Just walk in and speak to someone about scheduling delivery or try the 1800 number you think?
I just called the local service center and selected the option for new vehicle delivery. That routed me to a national Tesla rep who gave me a lot of info. He was able to tell me that my car made it from Fremont to NJ, and is now on a truck to DC. He gave me an expected arrival date to my local SC (it's a date range) and also provided a build date. He said that I should receive another text to arrange a delivery pick up once the car is at the local service center (next day or two).

Reactions: Rhyder
I just called the local service center and selected the option for new vehicle delivery. That routed me to a national Tesla rep who gave me a lot of info. He was able to tell me that my car made it from Fremont to NJ, and is now on a truck to DC. He gave me an expected arrival date to my local SC (it's a date range) and also provided a build date. He said that I should receive another text to arrange a delivery pick up once the car is at the local service center (next day or two).
Thanks, scheduled delivery for 6/26.

So I scheduled pickup at my local store (Easton, OH) for this weekend but the app and website thinks the car will be delivered to my house... did the person I spoke to mess up? App shows "

Delivery Appointment​

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:00 PM
<my home address>

EDD just changed for the 15th time from 6/20-7/11 to 7/14-8/18. 2nd time I got one day within the window and the date moved out a month! Very depressing!!!
EDD changed again from 6/23-7/16 to 7/20-8/24 this morning. So frustrating. Model S LR PW/Cream/19" RN1155 from Aug 16, 2021. My EDD has changed within a few days of the earliest date in the window so many times that I have no confidence that it won't change again. I had plans for several trips this summer. Tesla says NOT SO FAST! Bummer!!! I feel like Charlie Brown. Every time I get close to the ball and start my kick, Lucy Tesla pulls the ball away, I fall on my back, and I crack my head.

EDD changed again from 6/23-7/16 to 7/20-8/24 this morning. So frustrating. Model S LR PW/Cream/19" RN1155 from Aug 16, 2021. My EDD has changed within a few days of the earliest date in the window so many times that I have no confidence that it won't change again. I had plans for several trips this summer. Tesla says NOT SO FAST! Bummer!!! I feel like Charlie Brown. Every time I get close to the ball and start my kick, Lucy Tesla pulls the ball away, I fall on my back, and I crack my head.
Not looking good for our orders.