Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the MSLR last evening and WOW, build quality is overall fantastic and the quality of the car is night and day when compared to my M3LR. Getting the MS was WELL worth the wait!

As with other deliveries, I'm missing floor mats, privacy screen, and the little trunk floor thing... there is also a small issue with my front speaker grill on the driver's side. I also am fairly certain the car was delivered with Summer Tires... I have an appointment scheduled when I'm back in Chicago and will see what can be done about these issues...

Just recieved vin!! 1153 RN with a 480 VIN

How to you go about insuring the vehicle before delivery when you don’t know what day? Should I wait for a scheduled delivery day before submitting?
You can get insurance as soon as you have a VIN, most policies will also allow you to set the active day to a future day. However, I would not bother until you have scheduled your pickup. You should start getting quotes from multiple places though.

Has anyone gone to delivery without paying? I’m worried Tesla will change my delivery date if I don’t pay first, as that’s the last step required in the app.

My intention is to pay once I see the car but don’t know if Tesla will let me do that.
I did not pay anything until after I checked the car. When I pointed out about not getting the AS tires and another minor item the delivery lady asked me if I want to reject or reschedule the delivery. After that only I paid. Tesla did not mind.

I did not pay anything until after I checked the car. When I pointed out about not getting the AS tires and another minor item the delivery lady asked me if I want to reject or reschedule the delivery. After that only I paid. Tesla did not mind.
Thanks for the info. I did talk to my local SC and they said I can pay after seeing the car.

Sadly, my delivery scheduled for tomorrow was pushed out to the end of the week. Sounds like the car took some scratches in transit and Tesla needs to repair them. Sucks.

Reactions: bhakan
TLDR - We picked up the car today, it was mostly flawless, we like it so far but a lot to learn given our first Tesla. It is very fast, fun to drive, very different from what I am used to. Is it worth the wait? Time will tell. I am not ready to say yes it was. 13.5 Months is a long $$$ wait.

After a 408 day wait our Model S has officially arrived home. Picked up this morning. I will detail a few things here below based on our first day with the car. Read this knowing I have never owned a Tesla and barely driven a model 3 prior to ordering this car so it is all very new but I am a car guy and mostly tech savvy.

At pickup the car was nearly flawless with a few correctable exceptions. It was mostly clean, some glue residue that needed to be cleaned up on the exterior but all panel gaps, glass, fit and finish seemed pretty spot on as far as I can tell. I would say I am pickier than most but not the pickiest when it comes to the detail of everything. The drivers side door is a bit tough to close but hopefully it will get smoother. All keys and fobs were present.

Three items that were sent in for service request out the gate.

1. Missing floor mats
  2. Missing the trunk cover thing. I am not even sure what it looks like or is called but I think it protects people from seeing the cargo in the trunk.
  3. An interior trim piece in the back of the car is a WHITE trim in our CREAM colored interior.
The first two are common and the last I have seen before but the wife was pretty ticked about it. The service advisor was good at acting surprised that it wasn't caught. To be fair I didn't notice it until we were nearly done looking at the car. They said they will order the part and get it fixed. No idea on ETA.
They said a couple weeks.

Driving impressions

We took it for a spin around a neighborhood nearby to get a feel for things before hitting a main road.

The YOKE is cool and I do like the added visibility (never was an issue with the steering wheel but I do appreciate the improvement here) It is fun/different. After about 100 miles of driving today I do feel pretty comfortable with it. I will say that emergency defensive driving situations may be trickier but I suppose I will get more muscle memory with it as more time goes by. tight turns, roundabouts near me get a little awkward at times while I am still adjusting but overall it is a non issue and I do love it for just regular driving. Cruising down the high way and normal driving the YOKE is great, it feels very natural with the seating position. Turn signals are fine, still fumbling them a bit at times but overall a non issue that I will no doubt be fine with in a few more days.

The Climate controls I am still getting used to, I think I saw someone else mentioning that it would be nice if there were some simpler more accessible adjustments that could be made. I found myself fumbling with this system the most while driving around all day. Either the fan was drying my eyes out with more power than I wanted or I was cold/hot, etc. I am sure I just need more time but that was probably the most annoying thing of the day.

The overall tech and just understanding what everything does, all the features is a bit overwhelming. Several comments were made by us as we were learning/discovering things. is the car still on? Is it locked? Can someone get in the drivers seat and drive away if my wife is just sitting in the passenger seat with her phone which is also a key? Can I lock the car from inside the car somewhere? I don't recall seeing a button?

Driving is silky smooth, I love the air suspension, even with the 21" it is super smooth to me. The car is very fast in insane mode. The stance with the 21" wheels is perfect. The car is very fast in insane mode. Faster than my X3MC and best of all I don't have to stop at the gas station minimum once per week.

Photo below was our first Costco trip in the Tesla. I told the wife when we drove up, Guess what, we don't have to stop for gas today! :) Pretty cool.

Overall, really happy with the car, wish we didn't have the few issues we did have but I know many have had far worse. I hope it's all smooth from here. Is it worth the wait? Time will tell. I am not ready to say yes it was. 13.5 Months is a long $$$ wait.

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

TLDR - We picked up the car today, it was mostly flawless, we like it so far but a lot to learn given our first Tesla. It is very fast, fun to drive, very different from what I am used to. Is it worth the wait? Time will tell. I am not ready to say yes it was. 13.5 Months is a long $$$ wait.

After a 408 day wait our Model S has officially arrived home. Picked up this morning. I will detail a few things here below based on our first day with the car. Read this knowing I have never owned a Tesla and barely driven a model 3 prior to ordering this car so it is all very new but I am a car guy and mostly tech savvy.

At pickup the car was nearly flawless with a few correctable exceptions. It was mostly clean, some glue residue that needed to be cleaned up on the exterior but all panel gaps, glass, fit and finish seemed pretty spot on as far as I can tell. I would say I am pickier than most but not the pickiest when it comes to the detail of everything. The drivers side door is a bit tough to close but hopefully it will get smoother. All keys and fobs were present.

Three items that were sent in for service request out the gate.

1. Missing floor mats
  2. Missing the trunk cover thing. I am not even sure what it looks like or is called but I think it protects people from seeing the cargo in the trunk.
  3. An interior trim piece in the back of the car is a WHITE trim in our CREAM colored interior.
The first two are common and the last I have seen before but the wife was pretty ticked about it. The service advisor was good at acting surprised that it wasn't caught. To be fair I didn't notice it until we were nearly done looking at the car. They said they will order the part and get it fixed. No idea on ETA.
They said a couple weeks.

Driving impressions

We took it for a spin around a neighborhood nearby to get a feel for things before hitting a main road.

The YOKE is cool and I do like the added visibility (never was an issue with the steering wheel but I do appreciate the improvement here) It is fun/different. After about 100 miles of driving today I do feel pretty comfortable with it. I will say that emergency defensive driving situations may be trickier but I suppose I will get more muscle memory with it as more time goes by. tight turns, roundabouts near me get a little awkward at times while I am still adjusting but overall it is a non issue and I do love it for just regular driving. Cruising down the high way and normal driving the YOKE is great, it feels very natural with the seating position. Turn signals are fine, still fumbling them a bit at times but overall a non issue that I will no doubt be fine with in a few more days.

The Climate controls I am still getting used to, I think I saw someone else mentioning that it would be nice if there were some simpler more accessible adjustments that could be made. I found myself fumbling with this system the most while driving around all day. Either the fan was drying my eyes out with more power than I wanted or I was cold/hot, etc. I am sure I just need more time but that was probably the most annoying thing of the day.

The overall tech and just understanding what everything does, all the features is a bit overwhelming. Several comments were made by us as we were learning/discovering things. is the car still on? Is it locked? Can someone get in the drivers seat and drive away if my wife is just sitting in the passenger seat with her phone which is also a key? Can I lock the car from inside the car somewhere? I don't recall seeing a button?

Driving is silky smooth, I love the air suspension, even with the 21" it is super smooth to me. The car is very fast in insane mode. The stance with the 21" wheels is perfect. The car is very fast in insane mode. Faster than my X3MC and best of all I don't have to stop at the gas station minimum once per week.

Photo below was our first Costco trip in the Tesla. I told the wife when we drove up, Guess what, we don't have to stop for gas today! :) Pretty cool.

Overall, really happy with the car, wish we didn't have the few issues we did have but I know many have had far worse. I hope it's all smooth from here. Is it worth the wait? Time will tell. I am not ready to say yes it was. 13.5 Months is a long $$$ wait.

View attachment 821206

View attachment 821207
That red is looking fantastic king!

Reactions: EightYears
Also I got a call yesterday (yes Sunday) from Tesla and the person on the other end was like

"Hey Torontom, I know youve been waiting for your order for a while, how bout we put you in a car sooner, we have some Plaids available at our Toronto showroom... "

So im like "sure i will take the Plaid but for the same price i paid for my LR order from Nov 2021" :p

Obviously he declined.
So i declined.

Also I got a call yesterday (yes Sunday) from Tesla and the person on the other end was like

"Hey Torontom, I know youve been waiting for your order for a while, how bout we put you in a car sooner, we have some Plaids available at our Toronto showroom... "

So im like "sure i will take the Plaid but for the same price i paid for my LR order from Nov 2021" :p

Obviously he declined.
So i declined.
Lol damn. I assume he would honor pre price hike at least tho

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911