Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving is silky smooth, I love the air suspension, even with the 21" it is super smooth to me. The car is very fast in insane mode. The stance with the 21" wheels is perfect. The car is very fast in insane mode. Faster than my X3MC and best of all I don't have to stop at the gas station minimum once per week.

Congrats on receiving it! I got a red one coming just like yours. I also have an X5M and I feel (felt?) your pain. $120/week in gas. For Costco trips, even though it is a SUV it doesn't carry THAT much if you have two passengers and a car seat.

Based on my friends who have Model Ss, I should have more capacity than my SUV.

I'll likely be selling the X5M when the Model S arrives but I'll be sad. As you know, these M SUVs are quite fun!

Also I got a call yesterday (yes Sunday) from Tesla and the person on the other end was like

"Hey Torontom, I know youve been waiting for your order for a while, how bout we put you in a car sooner, we have some Plaids available at our Toronto showroom... "

So im like "sure i will take the Plaid but for the same price i paid for my LR order from Nov 2021" :p

Obviously he declined.
So i declined.

Got a couple of calls just like that. They did honor the previous price, but the Plaid is still $30-40K more and while I don't have an issue with it, my wife would not be a happy camper. :p

Reactions: Joe Gii
Congrats on receiving it! I got a red one coming just like yours. I also have an X5M and I feel (felt?) your pain. $120/week in gas. For Costco trips, even though it is a SUV it doesn't carry THAT much if you have two passengers and a car seat.

Based on my friends who have Model Ss, I should have more capacity than my SUV.

I'll likely be selling the X5M when the Model S arrives but I'll be sad. As you know, these M SUVs are quite fun!

Got a couple of calls just like that. They did honor the previous price, but the Plaid is still $30-40K more and while I don't have an issue with it, my wife would not be a happy camper. :p
Thanks. Love the X5M, neighbor has one. I wanted one but couldn't justify the 40K premium for slightly larger and a V8. All other performance metrics are nearly the same with the X3M.

The S does have quite a bit of cargo room and the deep cavities in the rear are also nice to keep stuff from rolling all over the place with heavy acceleration. I think it will be very comparable to your SUV.

I just drove my X3MC today for the first time since we got the Tesla and it was like driving a monster truck, albeit a nimble fun monster truck. The S is very low obviously which makes parking a bit scary with the front bumper and taking steep driveways/entrances with more of a cautious approach. I do wish it had a 360 camera, I use it all the time in the BMW. You can definitely feel the size/weight of the S when I compare the two.

We will always have an SUV for winter/outdoorsy stuff but the S is the ultimate around town cruiser and probably road tripper too.

I will also say that I do not find myself driving the S nearly as aggressive like I do my X3M. It will probably change a little as I get more comfortable with it but it just drives so smooth and just feels more polished, like driving a 7 series BMW. The S is not a scalpel and likely never will be but straight line it is a beast.

Hope you get yours soon!

Reactions: ccc001 and shamoo
Happened again!
EDD pushed forward.

July 16 to August 6 - 21 day window

So, within the last month ive gone from a 45 day window, to 35 days to now 21 days...

Is this good news? LOL

I am in Toronto, Canada - Red with Cream, no FSD.
Fingers crossed that you get it before Sept 1 to avoid the luxury tax on cars delivered after that date. My guess is you will given that your window is shrinking. Good luck! 🤞

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Also I got a call yesterday (yes Sunday) from Tesla and the person on the other end was like

"Hey Torontom, I know youve been waiting for your order for a while, how bout we put you in a car sooner, we have some Plaids available at our Toronto showroom... "

So im like "sure i will take the Plaid but for the same price i paid for my LR order from Nov 2021" :p

Obviously he declined.
So i declined.
Typical EOQ insanity.😝

Obviously he declined.
So i declined.

I tried that too - answer was "nope!" Boo! ;)

Got a text/call from Tesla a few days ago and noticed my date went to 6/27 to 7/15.

Looked this morning, 9/5 to 10/31 lols.

What the heck. I know dates jump around a lot here but based on what I'm reading from others, I think mine jumped the most often starting when I placed the order. Maybe 10+ times.

Was going to schedule the charger install since I anticipated a delivery in the next 1-2 weeks. Maybe I should wait now.

Date push data point:
MSLR Blue/Cream 19's FSD RN 1162 Ordered 12/19/21

Begining of EDD was scheduled to open 2 weeks from today. Pushed by 2 weeks and window narrowed by 1 week.

July, 4/19-5/17, 5/30-7/11, 7/13-8/24, 7/28-9/1

Am I to take any satisfaction that it went from a 6 week window to a 5 week window?

Date push data point:
MSLR Blue/Cream 19's FSD RN 1162 Ordered 12/19/21

Begining of EDD was scheduled to open 2 weeks from today. Pushed by 2 weeks and window narrowed by 1 week.

July, 4/19-5/17, 5/30-7/11, 7/13-8/24, 7/28-9/1

Am I to take any satisfaction that it went from a 6 week window to a 5 week window?
I’ve been in a 3 week widow for the last 5 date changes. 4 to the right, and one to the left. So no!

Yeesh. My Edd window of 21 days looking pretty flaky now too :s

Based on what I've been through (with the emotional ups and downs of Edd's getting pushed closer and then further away)... And based on what everyone else has gone through here...

I can probably say with confidence, this might be my first and last time dealing with Tesla.

I mean, other manufacturers are ramping up their EV game and we can only imagine what the EV landscape will look like by 2025.

Exciting times for sure!

Yeesh. My Edd window of 21 days looking pretty flaky now too :s

Based on what I've been through (with the emotional ups and downs of Edd's getting pushed closer and then further away)... And based on what everyone else has gone through here...

I can probably say with confidence, this might be my first and last time dealing with Tesla.

I mean, other manufacturers are ramping up their EV game and we can only imagine what the EV landscape will look like by 2025.

Exciting times for sure!

I understand your point of view.

Other EV makers are indeed ramping up, and I might have considered another brand of EV IF I could have found one I liked without ADM. I simply refuse to pay over list price for a car - especially one that's not my first choice. So the traditional automakers are plenty flaky too - just in slightly different ways, IMO.

While I've been "fortunate" in that my EDD has only changed twice, Tesla's lack of transparency during the process has been disappointing.

I finally decided I couldn't wait any longer and just took delivery of a 2022 Model 3 Performance - just like the one in my signature pic. but 4 years newer. I found one that was available for immediate delivery and jumped on it.

My Model S LR order is still pending and I'll decide what to do about it whenever the delivery date is finally set.

Got a text/call from Tesla a few days ago and noticed my date went to 6/27 to 7/15.

Looked this morning, 9/5 to 10/31 lols.

What the heck. I know dates jump around a lot here but based on what I'm reading from others, I think mine jumped the most often starting when I placed the order. Maybe 10+ times.

Was going to schedule the charger install since I anticipated a delivery in the next 1-2 weeks. Maybe I should wait now.
Received a text from my Tesla guide:

"Hi, Alex from Tesla! Just tried to call you. Would you be interested in a Model S Long Range, red exterior with creeam interior and 21" wheels? This car is available for immediate delivery. Please let me know either way. Thanks."

I asked about the price difference since I didn't spec the higher cost wheels. Ended up to be $98,900 base vs. my $93,690. I was in a conference call and didn't have a chance to reply quickly. When I texted back about timeline on my current vehicle since the dates moved back out far he said...

"Sorry the red S is sold."

"This is going to be due to production at the factory. There are estimates that will shift from closer to further away as time goes on. Please keep an eye on it because it will change again. We will let you know the moment a VIN is assigned. Thanks for your patience and understanding!"

I may have considered white, but not cream. Looks "dirty" to me. Just my opinion.

Sigh... :(

Reactions: ccc001
I'm RN117, and today my EDD showed July 3 - 20... just this past week it was Nov - Feb 2023! Why is it now being delivered so quickly? Are they giving me an older model?? 😩
Until you get assigned a VIN# no need to fret over the EDD change. It will probably change again. Once you get a VIN assigned we can all give our opinion on if it is new or not. Even if it is a reject could be a number of reasons that would not be a reason to reject delivery. I'd inspect it carefully and take the car if I were you. No guarantee your brand new one delivered next year is problem free. That has been illustrated over and over again here.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Just got a call from Tesla telling me that they have some Plaids immediately available if I wanted to stop waiting. But that it would still cost about $30k more than my current order. So of course I declined. I asked the rep if there was anything I could do to speed up my current order such as changing delivery location and he said no, delivery location doesn't matter? (well, evidence seems to indicate otherwise lol) And that the only possible way for me to (maybe) speed up my order would be to go to Fremont myself. I won't be doing that but I've thought about it.... if only it were guaranteed lol I wouldn't make that trip on a "maybe".

Reactions: FlatSix911