Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was put on Hold by Tesla because I didn't respond to their delivery dates within 30 hours. I reinstitute my reservation 10 days later.
Contrary to the assurances of the manager of my local dealer that my order would be prioritized, my new EDD is August 24-October 5. That will put me at 15 months.
Make sure you respond to their delivery request or you'll be punished
I took my car off of hold June 30 and the latest EDD was July 30-Sept 3. Just looked now and my car went back to hold. WTF?
Any suggestions as to what I should do? MY SA is worthless.
It again is giving me the option to take it off hold, but I don't want to hit this and potentially start over again.

AARGHHH!

wow I think you have the same build as me. I ordered 08/01/21 with RN1153... and might get my car next week.
Mine kept getting pushed back and then just creeped forward until a vin appeared last week lol

Everybody's just hanging in there at this point
Thanks for the update. I ordered mine 8/20/2021 and have an RN1155. Delivery Date Range updated on Monday to 8/12 - 9/16

It's somewhat infuriating that my Model S LR White/Cream/19"/no SD RN1155 ordered on Aug. 19 last year is still MIA. My current EDD window is July 23 - Aug 13. I doubt seriously that I'll get delivery in 9 days in Pennsylvania when I don't have a VIN today. It's not like Tesla isn't making many Model S cars, I think I saw a report saying over 13,000 delivered in the first 6 months of 2022.

Now I see that I won't get the key fobs nor All Season Tires which are an absolute necessity in my area. You can't drive on snow and ice on summer tires. Earlier they removed radar. In wintery weather the cameras are going to become myopic when a big rig passes by throwing ice and slush all over the car. I was hoping for sensor improvement not degradation. I'm starting to wonder what they'll remove next as other EV makers are including extremely valuable features like HUD for less MSRP. (By the way I have HUD on my Continental and it's going to be hard to readjust to looking away from the road to see vital driving information.) The other extremely important thing Tesla is missing is blind spot indicators on the mirrors. When a sudden dangerous situation develops in front of you and immediately changing lanes is the best way to avoid an accident, how do you train your brain not to look at your mirror to see if a lane change is possible just because you're driving a Tesla?

I think I'd better cut myself off now. I'm beginning to wonder if my $100K could have been put to better use?

It's somewhat infuriating that my Model S LR White/Cream/19"/no SD RN1155 ordered on Aug. 19 last year is still MIA. My current EDD window is July 23 - Aug 13. I doubt seriously that I'll get delivery in 9 days in Pennsylvania when I don't have a VIN today. It's not like Tesla isn't making many Model S cars, I think I saw a report saying over 13,000 delivered in the first 6 months of 2022.

Now I see that I won't get the key fobs nor All Season Tires which are an absolute necessity in my area. You can't drive on snow and ice on summer tires. Earlier they removed radar. In wintery weather the cameras are going to become myopic when a big rig passes by throwing ice and slush all over the car. I was hoping for sensor improvement not degradation. I'm starting to wonder what they'll remove next as other EV makers are including extremely valuable features like HUD for less MSRP. (By the way I have HUD on my Continental and it's going to be hard to readjust to looking away from the road to see vital driving information.) The other extremely important thing Tesla is missing is blind spot indicators on the mirrors. When a sudden dangerous situation develops in front of you and immediately changing lanes is the best way to avoid an accident, how do you train your brain not to look at your mirror to see if a lane change is possible just because you're driving a Tesla?

I think I'd better cut myself off now. I'm beginning to wonder if my $100K could have been put to better use?
I ordered end of July with an RN1153 and I might finally get my car next week.

HUD would have been very nice but I'm thinking I might overlook that easily with the yoke/second screen setup.
Blindspot monitoring on the mirror would also have been nice and hopefully they can integrate that in the second screen in the future

Different people, different use cases. I didn't need the car urgently so waiting this long wasn't a problem at all and the price I ordered at was fairly reasonable compared to my other options back then.

If you weigh in your options and think they car might be more trouble than peace of mind, you probably should be looking for better use cases for that 100k lol

I ordered end of July with an RN1153 and I might finally get my car next week.

HUD would have been very nice but I'm thinking I might overlook that easily with the yoke/second screen setup.
Blindspot monitoring on the mirror would also have been nice and hopefully they can integrate that in the second screen in the future

Different people, different use cases. I didn't need the car urgently so waiting this long wasn't a problem at all and the price I ordered at was fairly reasonable compared to my other options back then.

If you weigh in your options and think they car might be more trouble than peace of mind, you probably should be looking for better use cases for that 100k lol
Actually “blind spot” is implemented in the instrument cluster screen. But useless. Whole point is you may not be looking where you need to when something goes wrong.

You want an alarm before you change lane.

That said, with FSD, using the blinker to change lanes, it won’t change lane unless it’s all clear. Now available with EAP. Which to me is as good as Blind Spot.

Oh and without EAP or FSD the car will alarm and take control if you start to approach a car in your blind spot. But only AFTER you start moving towards it, not before.

I just checked the APP on my 13 month old order. It's on hold now, and wants to know if I'm ready for delivery yet. WHAT??????🤣
I haven't had any other contact from Tesla. Not really sure what to make of this new development.
If you put in on hold in June the system automatically put it on hold again as a clean up. After that if you put on hold again they will cancel your order

If you put in on hold in June the system automatically put it on hold again as a clean up. After that if you put on hold again they will cancel your order
Sorry, I guess I really need to be more specific when talking about the "Tesla order system".
I never put it on hold to begin with.
I was hoping someone would jump in here who had the same experience.
In all seriousness, I don't know what to make of this.

Actually “blind spot” is implemented in the instrument cluster screen. But useless. Whole point is you may not be looking where you need to when something goes wrong.

That said, with FSD, using the blinker to change lanes, it won’t change lane unless it’s all clear. Now available with EAP. Which to me is as good as Blind Spot.

Oh and without EAP or FSD the car will alarm and take control if you start to approach a car in your blind spot. But only AFTER you start moving towards it, not before.
Oh yes, I know how useless the one that comes up on the main screen is that was why I said I hoped it is brought to the gauge cluster screen in the future.

I might consider EAP later but non of these things are a big deal to me. I'll just enjoy my car the best I can haha

Sorry, I guess I really need to be more specific when talking about the "Tesla order system".
I never put it on hold to begin with.
I was hoping someone would jump in here who had the same experience.
In all seriousness, I don't know what to make of this.
Just saying what happened to me two days ago. They said it has something to with a "cancellation process" scheduled for July 25. While it apparently applies to other situations like yours, mine was put on hold again because they put me on hold in June. Seems they want to confirm us old timers still want the car.

That "Take control immediately" car screaming will only make you more mistakes when entering a busy highway in our congested area. When on FSD and entering the highway the car will make a mistake and also ask you to apply pressure to the yoke which is unwarranted. There are intersections where FSD beta repeatedly and reproducibly fails and I take control before it starts screaming.
That blind spot monitor on the main screen is useless as you are looking at the road. my Outback Eye sight is far better.

Reactions: Ormond
Just saying what happened to me two days ago. They said it has something to with a "cancellation process" scheduled for July 25. While it apparently applies to other situations like yours, mine was put on hold again because they put me on hold in June. Seems they want to confirm us old timers still want the car.
Why does that not surprise me. Well I guess I'll just wait until the last minute and release it then. It's really great being a Tesla customer.
I really should of started a journal about the process of ordering. It probably would of done me a lot of good, emotionally speaking. Then I could of sold it as a fiction story, because nobody but the few here would believe it.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
Date push data point:
MSLR Blue/Cream 19's FSD RN 1162 Ordered 12/19/21

Begining of EDD was scheduled to open 2 weeks from today. Pushed by 2 weeks and window narrowed by 1 week.

July, 4/19-5/17, 5/30-7/11, 7/13-8/24, 7/28-9/1

Am I to take any satisfaction that it went from a 6 week window to a 5 week window?

Another adjustment, push by a week, but narrowed by 2, so now down to 3 week window.

July, 4/19-5/17, 5/30-7/11, 7/13-8/24, 7/28-9/1, 8/5-8/26.

Reactions: ccc001
Another adjustment, push by a week, but narrowed by 2, so now down to 3 week window.

July, 4/19-5/17, 5/30-7/11, 7/13-8/24, 7/28-9/1, 8/5-8/26.
As expected, the 18th change to my EDD moved it out 2 weeks to 7/30-8/19. Getting closer to my 1 year anniversary of ordering on 9/2/21. This is total madness. Especially when I read of buyers getting their car within a few months of ordering. I am convinced that the more you paid, the sooner it will come! Also wondering if paying cash is delaying delivery. The last car I bought, the dealer would only give a $2000 discount if I took out a loan (obviously getting a kick-back from the lender) and suggested that I take the loan and then pay in full with the first payment. Any thoughts?