Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up mine in Plano, TX and I got those fobs. Car looked good but I couldn't stay and check everything in that scorching sun so I'll just look over it later and open a service request. Already found one issue with those secondary buttons beside the emergency blinkers 😂

Just picked up mine in Plano, TX and I got those fobs. Car looked good but I couldn't stay and check everything in that scorching sun so I'll just look over it later and open a service request. Already found one issue with those secondary buttons beside the emergency blinkers 😂
Really? Fobs were included?

Did they give you any info as to why lol

SMH. Us Canucks getting the short end of the stick as always ugh

I did not ask hahaha
I'm assuming they probably just have lots of them at the service center here and would probably stop when they run out of their delivery stock or something
Don't know why they still give out the fobs. I got 2 and they have been sitting in the drawer. May be for someone who don't carry cell phones. But then why no fobs for Model 3 or Y?

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Don't know why they still give out the fobs. I got 2 and they have been sitting in the drawer. May be for someone who don't carry cell phones. But then why no fobs for Model 3 or Y?
I agree, my brand new fobs are sitting on my desk. I carry a card but doubt that I'll ever need it. I get a new phone every year or two, so I don't have those issues. My wife has a card, but won't drive the Plaid.:eek:
I'm thankful to not have to carry a fob honestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pcm888usa
I agree, my brand new fobs are sitting on my desk. I carry a card but doubt that I'll every need it. I get a new phone every year or two, so I don't have those issues. My wife has a card, but won't drive the Plaid.:eek:
I'm thankful to not have to carry a fob honestly.
Yup, got fobs in February and the plastic is still on the batteries.

Yesterday was my birthday and I got the best present ever just before 7PM, A VIN!!!

Estimated Delivery: August 03 - August 07 with VIN F486

The last time I visited the service center I was told they ship the car via rail to Chicago and truck it to Pittsburgh. How long will it take? Two weeks! I was wishing I would get a VIV for my birthday and WOW I DID.

The MVPA shows the odometer at 15 miles. I assume this is normal for a new car delivery. I wonder if it is the actual reading today or a projected reading at the time of delivery? Regardless, my car is on its way and the elapsed time from order to delivery will be 50 weeks.

Yesterday was my birthday and I got the best present ever just before 7PM, A VIN!!!

The last time I visited the service center I was told they ship the car via rail to Chicago and truck it to Pittsburgh. How long will it take? Two weeks! I was wishing I would get a VIV for my birthday and WOW I DID.

The MVPA shows the odometer at 15 miles. I assume this is normal for a new car delivery. I wonder if it is the actual reading today or a projected reading at the time of delivery? Regardless, my car is on its way and the elapsed time from order to delivery will be 50 weeks.

MSLR Pearl White/Cream/19"/No FSD RN11552 Placed 08/19/2021
Congratulations! The odometer reading is a projected number. Don't forget to post pictures.

Happy Birthday Dan! I’ll remember it as the day I got my VIN also. My MVPA also shows 15 miles. My understanding is that that car is still in assembly when the VIN is issued. Does anyone know the average time between text (VIN) and email?