Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear handle lights are very dim compared to front, is that normal? Also, the service center is very nonchalant that the center trim with the hazards button is all wonky. Some letters show, and some others don't ("They're all like that") lol. NO fix it dammit.

So my delivery was supposed to be this Thursday and SC just called saying there's scratches on the bottom of the bumper (i'm thinking they caused it when they took it off the transport trunk....)... anyway so they said they have to now repaint/replace the bumper and delivery will need to be rescheduled to some time next week.....

is this going to go on the record that the car was repaired...? I read somewhere something similar happened to someone else here and Tesla guaranteed it wouldn't be on record but when they went to sell the car it was indeed on record as been repaired.
At least they inform you instead of letting you find out later and reject it.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So my delivery was supposed to be this Thursday and SC just called saying there's scratches on the bottom of the bumper (i'm thinking they caused it when they took it off the transport trunk....)... anyway so they said they have to now repaint/replace the bumper and delivery will need to be rescheduled to some time next week.....

is this going to go on the record that the car was repaired...? I read somewhere something similar happened to someone else here and Tesla guaranteed it wouldn't be on record but when they went to sell the car it was indeed on record as been repaired.
The same thing happened to me. They ran it too fast on or off or both, the transport at some point. I "noticed" the huge gashes on both sides of the front bumper upon my initial inspection. Went back in to find someone to verify the damage before I even opened a door.
But they were very good about it. They immediately took it into service and put it on a lift to see if any other panels were damaged. The one behind the bumper was also badly gouged. They made a appointment for me and got a new bumper cover and under panel.
All this work was done at the Tesla certified body shop for my area. Since it was strictly cosmetic, I assumed nothing would appear on its history.

Last edited:

lmao if is were really just scratches I wouldn't gaf, just give me the car. There is a big difference between a little repainting and replacing the whole bumper. Which is it lol.

lmao if is were really just scratches I wouldn't gaf, just give me the car. There is a big difference between a little repainting and replacing the whole bumper. Which is it lol.
With the suspension on low, the bottom of the front lip will get scratched sooner or later. There are some dips on the streets around I live (for rain run off). Going over them at a speed faster than a crawl would hit that bottom. I just won't crawl under and look. Out of sight out of mind.

Here's what mine looked like.

Attachments

• PXL_20220426_160438241.jpg
    PXL_20220426_160438241.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20220426_160500179.jpg
    PXL_20220426_160500179.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 68
Oh man. So did you accept delivery first and then brought car back after the parts came in?

Weirdly, when I asked about that option they told me I can’t accept delivery yet because If it was fixed after I took delivery then it would show up on record? Does that even make sense…
I did accept delivery, the car was otherwise perfect.

Well I don't want to misspeak here. I'm in the States and you're in Canada. The rules and regulations could be very different. We seem to let everything go here.:eek:

Last edited:
Oh man. So did you accept delivery first and then brought car back after the parts came in?

Weirdly, when I asked about that option they told me I can’t accept delivery yet because If it was fixed after I took delivery then it would show up on record? Does that even make sense…
It would appear that, in Ontario anyway, damage only needs to be disclosed to the purchaser if it is over $3000. Without replacing the bumper I don’t think a fill and repaint would cost that. I touched a snow bank with my front bumper and scraped it, cost $250 to sand and repaint.

Reactions: markol
It would appear that, in Ontario anyway, damage only needs to be disclosed to the purchaser if it is over $3000. Without replacing the bumper I don’t think a fill and repaint would cost that. I touched a snow bank with my front bumper and scraped it, cost $250 to sand and repaint.
Thanks for this.

I just find the whole situation a bit fishy…maybe I’ll try to pop into the SC tomorrow and see what’s going on and see if I can take a look at the damage.

Thanks for this.

I just find the whole situation a bit fishy…maybe I’ll try to pop into the SC tomorrow and see what’s going on and see if I can take a look at the damage.
No worries. I assume that the repair shop is busy that they could not have got it in early this week to keep the Thursday delivery timeline. Hopefully it will be an easy, satisfactory fix.

My delivery was scheduled for today at 530pm eastern at the Vaughan Centre in Toronto but just got a text an hr ago saying the cars not even there yet...

Unbelievable customer service 🤦‍♂️

Wondering if your car was also one of the ones that were affected by the bumper damage. My SA finally called me and told me there were over 10+ cars that were damaged and they had ordered the bumpers and will replace it hopefully by the next week.

Wondering if your car was also one of the ones that were affected by the bumper damage. My SA finally called me and told me there were over 10+ cars that were damaged and they had ordered the bumpers and will replace it hopefully by the next week.
Seriously? 10+? The driver should get fired over that. Tesla takes the responsibility for the repairs of those 10+ vehicles when really it is the incompetence of the delivery driver causing the damage.

Got the email notification today about the reservation being put on temporary hold for me to indicate if I still want the car. Hopefully it wont mysteriously get put on hold again.
I asked them about being put on hold again. I've only been waiting 13 months now. I put the question to them like this, "what's going to keep you from putting it on hold another 13 months from now?"
I didn't get an answer. Can't imagine why.😝
I had already went through their entire process in December when they failed to deliver the old VIN I agreed to purchase. That hold was akin to spitting in a wound for me and I let them know it.

Reactions: zoomer0056