Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick mine up tomorrow. When I got called I was told it only had about 4 miles on it; when I am looking at my agreement on the app, it says 15 miles on the car. I am curious how many miles were on your odometer when you picked it up.
15 is the default they put on the paperwork, the vehicle always has fewer miles. (From what I have seen.)

I pick mine up tomorrow. When I got called I was told it only had about 4 miles on it; when I am looking at my agreement on the app, it says 15 miles on the car. I am curious how many miles were on your odometer when you picked it up.
It is pretty standard they put more on paper. It should not be anymore than that. They sometimes have to move the car around and will add a few miles.

Mine had 13 miles on it, but it was home delivery and they drove it to my house from the SC. After acceptance, the Tesla person took Uber back to the SC.

Another data point for our collective analysis. So a very slight narrowing of the window I guess? Much love to those in the one year club, but no offense, really hoping I don’t have to join you!

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022", 11/23 - 2/15, 9/14 - 11/9, 8/22 - 10/17, 8/29 - 10/10, 9/4 - 10/9

I just looked on the Tesla site for new available MS in the Los Angeles area and there are 14 available Plaids which seems to be a lot for car crazed LA. Maybe the Plaid market is saturating or maybe no one wants to be forced to buy FSD which 13 out of the 14 had. My MSLR delivery date range actually moved up 2 weeks after being stagnant for months (ordered late March). I still would not consider any other EV (my first) other than a Tesla and think the S is a very good looking car with the updates.

Wow! Your EDDs are all over the place...
I think the really long way out dates were placeholders while they reworked their schedules - it came back to pretty much the same period after a few days. The last period lasted over a month, until it changed this morning.
My guess is that after the refresh, Plaids had a huge backlog and they prioritized them something like 80/20, hence the really long waits for the LR. It appears to me that the Plaids are mostly caught up, hence seeing more in Inventory. That, hopefully, means more LRs being produced which matches a lot of the really long waits finally getting cars (along with Canadians being prioritized for tax purposes). Additionally they are starting to export to EU soon.
So I am hoping that these dates really mean they will be delivering in that window finally. Just IMHO

I think the really long way out dates were placeholders while they reworked their schedules - it came back to pretty much the same period after a few days. The last period lasted over a month, until it changed this morning.
My guess is that after the refresh, Plaids had a huge backlog and they prioritized them something like 80/20, hence the really long waits for the LR. It appears to me that the Plaids are mostly caught up, hence seeing more in Inventory. That, hopefully, means more LRs being produced which matches a lot of the really long waits finally getting cars (along with Canadians being prioritized for tax purposes). Additionally they are starting to export to EU soon.
So I am hoping that these dates really mean they will be delivering in that window finally. Just IMHO
Excellent analysis.

Man, I really I hope I get my car before Labor Day. I have a fun trip planned and would loveeeee to have my car for it!

Car arrived early at the SC. So I rescheduled pickup for later this afternoon. Excited & nervous!! Hope the 2.5 hr drive fly’s by!
Congratulations! Albert Einstein supposedly was asked to explain the theory of relativity, and he explained it by saying, “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute, That’s relativit.” The drive to pick up your new car will probably Feel like a 4 hour trip and the drive home will probably feel like a 30 minute trip! 😀

I’m a recent new member, but I’ve been visiting the community site since August 2021 when I placed my order for a Model S. I have found this discussion thread very insightful over the last year as people share their updates and experiences. It definitely helped me start to have at least a fuzzy picture on what was going on with orders and deliveries. So, instead of continuing to “lurk”, I figured I could share my information and it might help others who are benchmarking where they are in the order/delivery process:

MSLR | RN1155 (08/21/21) Black | Black | 19” | EAP | EDD: April 2022, TBD, Feb29-Apr1, Mar29-Apr29, May12-June12, July1-Aug20, Aug1-Sep21, Aug12-Sep11, Aug21-Sep16, Aug24-Sep14

The last 3 EDD updates have come within the last week, so it’s interesting to see that much change in a 6 day period. I’m definitely looking forward to getting the new car… I’ve been sitting with a garage full of accessories since April (installed wall charger, Tesmanian floor mats, carbon fiber spoiler, etc. etc.) but at this point, any impatience has left me, in large part to others who have shared their updates… helps to know that there are a lot of us going through the experience and really cool to see the excitement of those of you who have picked up your cars after long waits!

“If it can be solved, there’s no need to worry, and if it can’t be solved, worry is of no use.” - Dalai Lama

Well after 336 days I finally picked up my car yesterday. It really couldn’t have gone any better. I found no issues with the car except for some dirt and minor scraping under the front, apparently caused by taking the car off the truck. They quickly brought the car back inside and cleaned that up. My neighbor let me drive his 2021 MYLR on the way there (3 1/2 hours with traffic). That experience made the ride home so much easier by myself. The ride home saw heavy duty wind and rain but the car performed magnificently. It came with summer tires and I was told that Tesla is delivering all model S cars with these. I was also told that they no longer provide key fobs. The fobs I understand, but the tires I do not. I will continue to pursue this. All in all it was a great experience and was worth the 11 month wait.

Finally got a VIN and a EDD of 8/17-8/22. I just hope it isn't a figment of my imagination and the end of a long day...

RN1157 from 9/21 in the Boston area. MSLR Blk/Cream, 19’s w/ EAP.
RN1158xx Boston Area. Picked up my car this morning (MSLR Blk/Cream, 21” Wheels) from Dedham. I had a 100 point delivery checklist but gotta say the car came in pretty good. All cleaned up and shiny. Only a couple of concerns around alignment on the Trunk on one side and a small scratch on the hood. Could have easily ignored it but having read about the QC issues over the last year in waiting made me go anal on the inspection….and now…it’s more than what I could have imagined and drives like a dream. I traded in my 2020 M3LR and got more than what I paid for it in the trade.

Good luck for your delivery. I bet you that’s the real EDD.

RN1158xx Boston Area. Picked up my car this morning (MSLR Blk/Cream, 21” Wheels) from Dedham. I had a 100 point delivery checklist but gotta say the car came in pretty good. All cleaned up and shiny. Only a couple of concerns around alignment on the Trunk on one side and a small scratch on the hood. Could have easily ignored it but having read about the QC issues over the last year in waiting made me go anal on the inspection….and now…it’s more than what I could have imagined and drives like a dream. I traded in my 2020 M3LR and got more than what I paid for it in the trade.

Good luck for your delivery. I bet you that’s the real EDD.
Congratulations on the car! That’s exciting to hear that it was in good shape when you picked it up.

Got a text message this AM that my car had left the factory! Hope to visit Dedham soon! Have a great weekend with the new ride.