Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturdays EED check shows that my window was pushed a little, but did close also. Now 8/26-9/16, from 8/20-9/24. Still over 14 months of waiting, any way I look at it.o_O
You'll get your beautifull S. Then, like me, as you heal from this right of passage hazing, you'll give encouragement to those that are currently feeling like beat up rag dolls.

Picked up my Model S 8/10. Process was easy, car seems to be perfect. Only possible issue is that the charge port doesn't always open when I press it; could be user error. Biggest challenge so far is remembering all the various settings I like and finding them in the menus. The controls on the yoke are easy to find, but have to retrain myself to move my hands to the bottom of the wheel when making sharp turns. Much quieter than the 3, and is unfazed by rough roads
You talking about pushing the actual door? You really should not have to ever do that… the Tesla charger has a button that automatically opens the door when pushed… door auto closes about 15 secs after you remove it.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
You talking about pushing the actual door? You really should not have to ever do that… the Tesla charger has a button that automatically opens the door when pushed… door auto closes about 15 secs after you remove it.
Right, but I am using a Chargepoint charger at home, so the process with the 3 was tap the charge port door, insert J1772 adapter, get Chargepoint cable and connect. Now with the S I have to tap the charge poor door a few time before it opens. My recollection is that I had the same problem with my 3 but eventually I found some sequence of things, tap locations, etc. that caused the charge port door to open

Reactions: Leeclanual
Right, but I am using a Chargepoint charger at home, so the process with the 3 was tap the charge port door, insert J1772 adapter, get Chargepoint cable and connect. Now with the S I have to tap the charge poor door a few time before it opens. My recollection is that I had the same problem with my 3 but eventually I found some sequence of things, tap locations, etc. that caused the charge port door to open
You can also open it from the main screen on the app.

:D:eek:
1660421146693.png

This is my third Tesla. First one was a 2016 MS 75D. Then a 2019 MX 100D. I also test drove the MS P100D on two occasions.

This new "slower" MS Long Range shocked the hell out of me when I "hit it" for the first time today. It is sheer, brutal power. I can't even imagine what the Plaid must feel like. This Long Range is plenty fast for me. The only word that comes to my mind is "relentless".

Hang in there guys! It's so worth it!

Oh, also... the regen is a lot stronger than before. I like it, just have to get used to it. I stopped a few times way too short today. lol

This is my third Tesla. First one was a 2016 MS 75D. Then a 2019 MX 100D. I also test drove the MS P100D on two occasions.

This new "slower" MS Long Range shocked the hell out of me when I "hit it" for the first time today. It is sheer, brutal power. I can't even imagine what the Plaid must feel like. This Long Range is plenty fast for me. The only word that comes to my mind is "relentless".

Hang in there guys! It's so worth it!

Oh, also... the regen is a lot stronger than before. I like it, just have to get used to it. I stopped a few times way too short today. lol
Totally concur. This is my third S. It’s is incredibly faster than my 2013 P85 or my 2017 100D. I haven’t even opened it up on the highway yet. The only thing it’s slow at is taking away the irritation and pain of the 13 month wait for my car

Last edited:
Got a vin (489,xxx) today from my 02/22/22 order date(1165).
Probably not going to take it as I have since received a Plaid. Still fun getting a vin though. And of course delivery window is right when I will be on a cruise.
I thought about just taking it (paying cash) and then selling it when I get the title but I know Tesla frowns on that regardless of intentions.
So not sure what Im going to do at this point. Its really too bad Tesla is not more supportive of transferring reservations/ vins so we could help each other out. Especially those who have been waiting soooooo loooong for a car.

Anyway below are the specs:
EDD 08/28-08/30
MS
19" wheels
white interior
FSD

I am also Boston area, also have delivery scheduled Dedham for 8/19. Ordered Model S LR 9/21, "midnight silver"/cream, trading in my 2015 85D.
At a Tesla store yesterday they checked on their computer and told me my car is in NJ having arrived via train from CA. Apparently they transport cars for here via train to NJ and then I assume by truck up here to the Boston area. I assume I will get a call in the next day or so to confirm the scheduled delivery on Friday. Did get to sit a refreshed Model S for the first time in the store.

Reactions: ccc001 and doc1189
Got a vin (489,xxx) today from my 02/22/22 order date(1165).
Probably not going to take it as I have since received a Plaid. Still fun getting a vin though. And of course delivery window is right when I will be on a cruise.
I thought about just taking it (paying cash) and then selling it when I get the title but I know Tesla frowns on that regardless of intentions.
So not sure what Im going to do at this point. Its really too bad Tesla is not more supportive of transferring reservations/ vins so we could help each other out. Especially those who have been waiting soooooo loooong for a car.

Anyway below are the specs:
EDD 08/28-08/30
MS
19" wheels
white interior
FSD
If you reject/cancel the order then the car should go into inventory and the next customer in your area who ordered same spec gets called… same thing happens when person rejects during delivery for a blemish, gaps, etc. you lose $250.

Reactions: Alset2
The thing about it is that they are cranking out Plaids like crazy...over 100 available at www.tesla-info.com.
Exactly, Tesla wants to make as much profit as possible. You can't fault them for that, especially as a stockholder.
It became very obvious to me late last year when I was offered a car built in May at the very end of the year. I accepted their offer and sold my car. Then they said they couldn't deliver due to not being able to update the firmware. At the end of the year they pulled the VIN from my account when they were unable to deliver. They said they were waiting for parts. Knowing how the parts supply was growing exponentially, about a month later I told them I'd wait for another car. The manager said he thought it was a good idea. That blew me out to April.
Seeing all the Plaids in stock I basically gave up and ordered one. I now needed a car by April, they had a 4 week EDD then. A day or two later Tesla increased the price on those $6,000. Oh no, here we go again I thought. And I was right! That order got pushed out from 4 weeks to 12-16 weeks, June/July after the increase.
Through due diligence, I went through the Tesla inventory sites daily. I would pay for transport at this point. Magically I found my exact order match sitting in inventory in my area. Of course it wouldn't have applied to my open order automatically, that would be absurd. They wanted that $6,000 that I didn't have to pay. I got on the phone to Tesla and had the car linked to my account. No one could answer why that car didn't automatically go to my order for some reason.
I love the car and yes the power is too much for the street. I'll probably keep the Plaid, as there are zero issues with it and I like the white.
My disappointment with Tesla's order process is something that will have to addressed in order to ever due any business with them again in the future.

My order process:
RN1159 Model S LR Blue/cream, 19”, Midwest

Order October 2021
VIN Assigned: July 19, 2022, NF486
Delivery: August 2, 2022

Enjoying the car very much. Some weatherstripping issues that could not be addressed at delivery with mobile service now scheduled. Delivery experience was excellent otherwise. Able to inspect car prior to paying. Only gripe is that all communication before and after delivery is via app or text, can’t just call the local service center. I asked for a phone number to call and they told me to use the app. They did respond quickily to texts after VIN/before delivery. I just replied to the text message that informed me about the VIN assignment. Not sure if it was local or national that I was corresponding to.

Small update from my end. My EDD window keeps getting pushed out.

Most recently from 8/17-9/3 to 8/23-9/13.

I was close! :p I emailed my guide out of curiosity since dates were close to see if he had any additional info. He said he sees my delivery in the last 2 weeks of September. I'm trying not get too hopeful since he told me the same "last 2 weeks of July" and that came and went.

I’m a recent new member, but I’ve been visiting the community site since August 2021 when I placed my order for a Model S. I have found this discussion thread very insightful over the last year as people share their updates and experiences. It definitely helped me start to have at least a fuzzy picture on what was going on with orders and deliveries. So, instead of continuing to “lurk”, I figured I could share my information and it might help others who are benchmarking where they are in the order/delivery process:

MSLR | RN1155 (08/21/21) Black | Black | 19” | EAP | EDD: April 2022, TBD, Feb29-Apr1, Mar29-Apr29, May12-June12, July1-Aug20, Aug1-Sep21, Aug12-Sep11, Aug21-Sep16, Aug24-Sep14

The last 3 EDD updates have come within the last week, so it’s interesting to see that much change in a 6 day period. I’m definitely looking forward to getting the new car… I’ve been sitting with a garage full of accessories since April (installed wall charger, Tesmanian floor mats, carbon fiber spoiler, etc. etc.) but at this point, any impatience has left me, in large part to others who have shared their updates… helps to know that there are a lot of us going through the experience and really cool to see the excitement of those of you who have picked up your cars after long waits!

“If it can be solved, there’s no need to worry, and if it can’t be solved, worry is of no use.” - Dalai Lama
I was excited to get the text message from Tesla yesterday afternoon that my VIN has been assigned! 5YJSA1… EDD Aug28-Sep3

Small update from my end. My EDD window keeps getting pushed out.

Most recently from 8/17-9/3 to 8/23-9/13.

I was close! :p I emailed my guide out of curiosity since dates were close to see if he had any additional info. He said he sees my delivery in the last 2 weeks of September. I'm trying not get too hopeful since he told me the same "last 2 weeks of July" and that came and went.
Hang in there. I was 2 days from entering my window (for the 3rd time) when my EDD move out 2 weeks. 4 days later I got the VIN!