Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Disagree
Reactions: doc1189
I'm supposed to take delivery of my MSLR this Sunday. I now need to go out of town unexpectedly and can't take delivery. What happens at this point? Do I reject the car and then I wait for another one to come my way? How long can that take? I don't need the car right away but need it by the end of October. I was wondering if they put me at the end of the line and I will have to wait months for a new opportunity. Any insight or experience on this is greatly appreciated.

I'm supposed to take delivery of my MSLR this Sunday. I now need to go out of town unexpectedly and can't take delivery. What happens at this point? Do I reject the car and then I wait for another one to come my way? How long can that take? I don't need the car right away but need it by the end of October. I was wondering if they put me at the end of the line and I will have to wait months for a new opportunity. Any insight or experience on this is greatly appreciated.
I would consider accepting the car if you have to have one in less than 2 months. Typically people in your position get offered another VIN in short order but this has not generally been true for the DMV. There's a fellow, with the Peacock avatar, on the other delivery thread who rejected 3 cars within 6 months and still got the 4th VIN before people who had waited much longer. My credentials: I was a regular consumer and contributor on this thread for a year before I received my car. Tesla logistics has until now made it clear they can't deliver a car to DMV in less than 2 weeks and that means you get passed over quite a bit. As for accepting the car, there was an explanation I gave as to how a few days ago.

Reactions: KSoze
That window is three weeks which is a good sign hopefully! When did you order? Mine moved up yesterday from 11/8-1/6 to 9/15-10/27. This is the third move since my early May order date, but as others have said may not mean a thing. I just hope it doesn’t take a year like some others on this thread!
I ordered on 2/6. Original EDD was June for me. It’s been a long road lol

I feel your pain. I had to release my vin today for the same reason. I talked to the service center today. He said he might be able to hold it fir a few days but not 12 days like I need. If you only need a few more days you might want to talk to the service center and explain your situation.

I was excited to get the text message from Tesla yesterday afternoon that my VIN has been assigned! 5YJSA1… EDD Aug28-Sep3
I received my next text message from Tesla on Saturday the 20th that my Model S delivery is ready to be scheduled. I picked thurs 9/1 - was presented 3 days (8/30, 9/1, and 9/2). Previous text that the car had left the factory was five days earlier on 8/15.

I too was given three days to pick from: Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week. And it's a 2.5 hour drive for me to Highland Park IL because the Wisconsin legislature is filled with jackasses. Not ideal - was hoping to get it over Labor Day weekend but I guess we just gotta roll with the punches.
I still think we have more jackass's in government here in Illinois. But you're right, here at least you can purchase a Tesla. I simply can't believe at this point in time there are states Tesla can't sell in. Term limits for all positions.