Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for next week Tues, but honestly, I'm nervous that I'm going to be too eager to take the car that I'm going to overlook the QC issues. Any advice, other than the multitudes of checklists already posted
I’d look at your car just like you have for the other non-Tesla vehicles you’ve purchased in the past. I would do a walk-around to look for obvious issues like door dings, scratches, rub marks, rim gouges, glass damage, etc. then sit in the front and back seats and make sure it’s not scratched, pleather damage, and stained anywhere from grease. I’ve never ever measured gaps on any car I’ve ever purchased… I’ve seen some crazy checklists being circulated… fact is it’s just a car and your gonna get door dings, seat stains, and rim rash… just a matter of time… just make sure these are found and logged during delivery and they’ll make it right. Enjoy your car.

I’d look at your car just like you have for the other non-Tesla vehicles you’ve purchased in the past. I would do a walk-around to look for obvious issues like door dings, scratches, rub marks, rim gouges, glass damage, etc. then sit in the front and back seats and make sure it’s not scratched, pleather damage, and stained anywhere from grease. I’ve never ever measured gaps on any car I’ve ever purchased… I’ve seen some crazy checklists being circulated… fact is it’s just a car and your gonna get door dings, seat stains, and rim rash… just a matter of time… just make sure these are found and logged during delivery and they’ll make it right. Enjoy your car.
Thanks, believe it or not, I've never inspected a car on delivery before.... my wife tells me it wouldn't be worth my time as my attention to physical detail is non-existent!!

Well Today is the Day for me. hoping pick up goes well
Let us know!!

Reactions: Leeclanual
Anyone knows if I can change my phone number to one in the UK while I’m traveling in Europe? I released my VIN because I was out of the country just to get another one assigned while I’m out. I want I be able to get the text for when the car leaves the factory to see if I’ll be black in time to accept this one.

Like 3 other previous EDDs, on the second day of the EDD (08/27 - 09/17) got bumped again 4 days (now 08/31 - 09/18).

RN1158 OD: 10/10/21
EDD <did not keep track prior to June 22>
06/22 - 07/13,
07/15 - 08/19,
07/23 - 08/27,
09/05 - 10/17,
08/18 - 09/22,
08/14 - 09/04,
08/18 - 09/04,
08/22 - 09/11,
08/27 - 09/17

Latest: 08/31 - 09/18, no VIN

My EDD just got pushed out five months this morning!! 9/15-10/24 now to 2/9-5/4. Ordered 5/5/22. Oh well, maybe a good thing who knows. Disappointing to say the least.
So far, my 10+ months experience with EDDs and reading this forum taught me that a 5w EDD means nothing; just that "yeah, we got your order, we'll get to it at some point".
When the EDD starts shrinking to around 3w, the probability of getting a VIN increases. Even when you get a VIN, it can be yanked though...

Picked up today. 366 days from order to delivery. And everything was perfect. I didn't do any inspection or anything, but I didn't notice anything wrong.

The delivery process was super smooth and easy. You basically walk in, talk to a rep, hit the pay button on the app, and are all set after signing some papers. I was also trading in so I just handed over the title and keys and that was that I got two key cards and a mobile adapter (just the adapter). I was also given a code to order a free mobile connector a few days ago.

I'm coming from a 2010 Toyota RAV4 that I very much did not take care of. Over the 5.5 years I had it, I never once got a car wash or even cleaned the interior. And typically only got an oil change once a year (soooo happy that's a thing of the past lol). Yet I never ever had any problems, except for its 11 second 0-60 lmao. Hopefully I take better care of this Tesla.

As you know, this Model S got POWER. I have driven model y's and model 3's but this is next level. If you bought the plaid you got finessed lmao, the LR does the job very well.

I had a good 150 mile drive home and adapted to the yoke VERY quickly. If you are even the slightest worried about the yoke, don't be. It's great. I fully expected turns and parking to be tricky but it all felt natural.

Thank you all for commiserating with me. To those of you still waiting, hang in there. It is so so worth it. You will make it there, and you will be happy.
20220829_181047.jpg

Picked up today. 366 days from order to delivery. And everything was perfect. I didn't do any inspection or anything, but I didn't notice anything wrong.

The delivery process was super smooth and easy. You basically walk in, talk to a rep, hit the pay button on the app, and are all set after signing some papers. I was also trading in so I just handed over the title and keys and that was that I got two key cards and a mobile adapter (just the adapter). I was also given a code to order a free mobile connector a few days ago.

I'm coming from a 2010 Toyota RAV4 that I very much did not take care of. Over the 5.5 years I had it, I never once got a car wash or even cleaned the interior. And typically only got an oil change once a year (soooo happy that's a thing of the past lol). Yet I never ever had any problems, except for its 11 second 0-60 lmao. Hopefully I take better care of this Tesla.

As you know, this Model S got POWER. I have driven model y's and model 3's but this is next level. If you bought the plaid you got finessed lmao, the LR does the job very well.

I had a good 150 mile drive home and adapted to the yoke VERY quickly. If you are even the slightest worried about the yoke, don't be. It's great. I fully expected turns and parking to be tricky but it all felt natural.

Thank you all for commiserating with me. To those of you still waiting, hang in there. It is so so worth it. You will make it there, and you will be happy.View attachment 846834
Best of luck with the new ride.

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
VIN ASSIGNED!!! Got the text this morning!! 🥳
Got another EDD narrowing and a text to schedule delivery!!! 🤯 Surreal.

I confirmed with a rep today that mine will be coming with 19” Pirelli SUMMER tires. meh. Idk much about tires but those Midwest winters…..

Also shoutout to @jacob@jyoungs. our stories are similar, I’m actually trading in my 2011 Rav4 and I can’t say I’ve taken the best care of mine either LOL

I just saw several new Model S LR on tesla-info site sitting on lots ready for purchase
So, I had to release my VIN on Saturday August 22nd because they wanted me to accept the car by September 3rd and I would have been in Italy. My EDD was September 1-5 until Friday August 26th when it jumped to October 1 - November 12. Not too bad, a little later than I wanted but not a big deal

To my surprise I checked the app on Saturday the 27th and I have a new VIN with an EDD of September 1 - 7. Not panicking yet since I thought the EDD would change again once the car left the factory in a couple of days like it did before.

Well, now it has been 3 days with no changes. I don’t know if they sent the text about the car leaving the factory because I don’t have my US number active. I tried texting my Tesla advisor from my UK number but (not surprisingly) he has not responded.

I guess there’s nothing I can do. If the car does get delivered by September 7 I still won’t be in town. If I’m right and the car has not left the factory the car would get to me just as I arrive on September 12th with perfect timing for me to accept it.

What are the odds?

I guess there’s nothing I can do. If the car does get delivered by September 7 I still won’t be in town. If I’m right and the car has not left the factory the car would get to me just as I arrive on September 12th with perfect timing for me to accept it.

What are the odds?
They sent me emails as well as texts when I needed to schedule delivery. (Which is really only right before the you get it.)

But if you don't accept this one they may cancel your order. (They only allowed me one unmatch, the second one they said I had to schedule delivery or they would cancel my order. I ended up rejecting the second one for quality issues, but you really don't have the option if you are out of the country.)

One thing you could try if you have to is schedule it as late as possible. Then the day before I received a text asking me to confirm the delivery date or if I needed to reschedule it. That might give you enough time to be back and available.