Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, with literally hundreds of both MS Plaids and LR's in inventory, one can safely assume that US domestic demand is now satisfied.

Perhaps once they install actual steering column stalks and a non-Playschool/actual steering "WHEEL" there may be an increase in demand.

Time will tell . . . .
They have even started delivering Plaids in Europe. (But not LR yet.)

Reactions: Ramphex
So I'm at the 18 month point of my MSLR order now. I at one point a week or so ago counted 10 exact matches to my order sitting in inventory out west. My EDD has gone from the last 2 months of the year to the last 7 days of the year. I gotten a few messages from the Tesla store saying they might be able to get my car sooner 🙄. So they are aware I have a order outstanding. I at this point consider the order unfulfillable due to the $25,000 discount I'd be getting. To say I'm disappointed with Tesla is a understatement. As much as I love my Plaid, it leaves a sour taste ultimately.

So I'm at the 18 month point of my MSLR order now. I at one point a week or so ago counted 10 exact matches to my order sitting in inventory out west. My EDD has gone from the last 2 months of the year to the last 7 days of the year. I gotten a few messages from the Tesla store saying they might be able to get my car sooner 🙄. So they are aware I have a order outstanding. I at this point consider the order unfulfillable due to the $25,000 discount I'd be getting. To say I'm disappointed with Tesla is a understatement. As much as I love my Plaid, it leaves a sour taste ultimately.
Why is your order "unfulfillable". Tesla has been honoring early reservations all along.
If your order is at a price that is $25,000 lower than the current price, it must be very old. Why wasn't it delivered earlier? I think that all of the early orders were delivered over a year ago.
(A friend ordered a Plaid recently. Got it in 3 weeks.)

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Why is your order "unfulfillable". Tesla has been honoring early reservations all along.
If your order is at a price that is $25,000 lower than the current price, it must be very old. Why wasn't it delivered earlier? I think that all of the early orders were delivered over a year ago.
(A friend ordered a Plaid recently. Got it in 3 weeks.)
Of all the same questions I've asked, I've received no answers. Today an SA messaged and offered a match car, except for the interior. It was white instead of black. Would of been no cost to me. I really don't feel like settling at this point in time. Really don't want white either, no disrespect to those that love it.

Wow. I ordered mine March 7th of 2021, and received it in Seattle September 28th. (I live in Alaska, and after reading this think I still might be waiting, but I know of at least one other that has been Delivered here. I drove mine up. In October...) I didn't imagine that any of those orders made between discontinuing the older version and starting the refresh were still unfilled. Sympathies. If it is any consolation, I really like the LR+, BTW. You probably have wondered: "maybe it's because I already have a refreshed Model S, Plaid"?

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Dude I just randomly came back this thread after a few months and... YOU STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN YOUR CAR WTF?????

Something is just NOT making sense here.

There are nearly six HUNDRED MS's in inventory at the moment--surely at least one of them is an exact match to your car:

Find one that matches via ev-tsla.com or waitingfortesla.com, then call your SA and say, "I'd like THIS 2023 MS please; it's exactly what I ordered some XX months ago . . . ."

Otherwise, I'm just not buying the story.

Something is just NOT making sense here.

There are nearly six HUNDRED MS's in inventory at the moment--surely at least one of them is an exact match to your car:

Find one that matches via ev-tsla.com or waitingfortesla.com, then call your SA and say, "I'd like THIS 2023 MS please; it's exactly what I ordered some XX months ago . . . ."

Otherwise, I'm just not buying the story.
There were more than a few exact matches to my order in stock as I've already stated here. All out west and all $2000 to transport to the Chicago area.
I'm not buying that!
I at this point feel I shouldn't have to pay for shipping. If that's wrong on my part, so be it.
You can doubt the history of my order. Not sure why you would after reading through some other members stories over the past year.
What you can't doubt is my decision in January to order a Plaid since they were readily available in a shorter time frame. This after I sold my SUV in December to make room for a 6 month old MLSR I accepted at the end of the year. Whatever the problem was with the car, it wasn't repaired and Tesla couldn't deliver it and couldn't provide any timeframe for when it might be repaired. So that left me holding the bag but no car. As far as my experience with the Plaid order it was more of the same. The 4 week window kept on getting pushed out. Did I mention there was a price increase a day or two after I placed that order? Months go by, I come home and check the inventory sites and find my exact match Plaid sitting in inventory about 20 miles from my location. Called a SA, got that VIN assigned and at the end of April took delivery. I'm very happy with the Plaid since taking ownership. I asked the SA why the Plaid didn't automatically apply to my order. He said he had no idea.
Like him I also have no idea, if I'll ever want to do business with Tesla again. Great car, very poor experience.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
There were more than a few exact matches to my order in stock as I've already stated here. All out west and all $2000 to transport to the Chicago area.
I'm not buying that!
I at this point feel I shouldn't have to pay for shipping. If that's wrong on my part, so be it.
You can doubt the history of my order. Not sure why you would after reading through some other members stories over the past year.
What you can't doubt is my decision in January to order a Plaid since they were readily available in a shorter time frame. This after I sold my SUV in December to make room for a 6 month old MLSR I accepted at the end of the year. Whatever the problem was with the car, it wasn't repaired and Tesla couldn't deliver it and couldn't provide any timeframe for when it might be repaired. So that left me holding the bag but no car. As far as my experience with the Plaid order it was more of the same. The 4 week window kept on getting pushed out. Did I mention there was a price increase a day or two after I placed that order? Months go by, I come home and check the inventory sites and find my exact match Plaid sitting in inventory about 20 miles from my location. Called a SA, got that VIN assigned and at the end of April took delivery. I'm very happy with the Plaid since taking ownership. I asked the SA why the Plaid didn't automatically apply to my order. He said he had no idea.
Like him I also have no idea, if I'll ever want to do business with Tesla again. Great car, very poor experience.
Yes, there is NO reason to pay for delivery on a car they already owe you--where did they come up with that idea?

Frankly, I think if you write a letter asking that your situation be escalated, you'll have your car in a few weeks or less. For such a smart company, Tesla can do some remarkably stupid things . . . .

I'm not buying that!
Crazy. There are TONS of Model S cars sitting on lots in Chicagoland. Here is your car spec sitting on a lot in Chicago. Tell your SA to get off their @ss and assign. They should throw in a discount and free supercharging miles for the trouble.

Crazy. There are TONS of Model S cars sitting on lots in Chicagoland. Here is your car spec sitting on a lot in Chicago. Tell your SA to get off their @ss and assign. They should throw in a discount and free supercharging miles for the trouble.

That's really nearby!
Tesla doesn't disappoint in disappointing me.😑
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't checked the sites in a day or two.

BTW, we're closing in on nearly 1,000 MS's in Inventory according to some of the sites. If the ones local don't fit the bill, there are sure to be others somewhere near by . . . .

My guess on the inventory rise: the novelty of the Yoke and "stalkless" steering column has worn off (and the real world nature of how much of a pain in the a$$ it all is on roundabouts and for parallel parking, along with Elon's Twitter antics in which he seeks to piss off as much of his buyer demographic as he can, may have pushed those still wanting a MS (or MX for that matter) into saying, "No thanks."

BTW, we're closing in on nearly 1,000 MS's in Inventory according to some of the sites. If the ones local don't fit the bill, there are sure to be others somewhere near by . . . .

My guess on the inventory rise: the novelty of the Yoke and "stalkless" steering column has worn off (and the real world nature of how much of a pain in the a$$ it all is on roundabouts and for parallel parking, along with Elon's Twitter antics in which he seeks to piss off as much of his buyer demographic as he can, may have pushed those still wanting a MS (or MX for that matter) into saying, "No thanks."
When you say nearly 1000 MS in inventory. Are you talking new and used refresh? The new inventory site that I have been using is showing under 100 currently.