Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S LR w/ 404 mile range?

BriAziz

Oct 29, 2020
Flemington, NJ
Hi All,

Haven’t had my car for very long (21 MS LR+) and haven’t had a need to charge to 100%. Tomorrow going on a long trip and might not have access to a charger for a few days. So I’m gonna charge her all the way up. I know when I bought the car it had 402 miles range. Today I noticed 100% gives me 404 miles. Did they update the range again? Did I miss something? Pic attached.

Attachments

• B9724D59-77CA-4CDB-97EC-8A9A5205A03B.png
    B9724D59-77CA-4CDB-97EC-8A9A5205A03B.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H

JPoldo

Aug 13, 2017
Bonita,FL & Boston,MA
A variation of 2 mi out of 400 is only 0.5% inaccuracy. Sorry, Tesla battery range measurement electronics is not precise. Months from now, don’t be surprised if you see a 100% range of 398 to 406 miles. It is wise about once every month or two charging to 100% for self-calibration. There are videos of people driving a Tesla to a SC with 0 range on display.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H

VikH

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
Hi All,

Haven’t had my car for very long (21 MS LR+) and haven’t had a need to charge to 100%. Tomorrow going on a long trip and might not have access to a charger for a few days. So I’m gonna charge her all the way up. I know when I bought the car it had 402 miles range. Today I noticed 100% gives me 404 miles. Did they update the range again? Did I miss something? Pic attached.

They haven't officially updated it. If you follow Tesla updates you will note that Tesla updated the range of the Model S Performance with the new H revision battery pack, but did not update the range on the LR+. That likely means Tesla is holding back range (displayed) on these cars.

Another sign they are holding back is your Monroney sticker. I believe it lists range at 406 or 407.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC