Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S LR w/ 404 mile range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Haven’t had my car for very long (21 MS LR+) and haven’t had a need to charge to 100%. Tomorrow going on a long trip and might not have access to a charger for a few days. So I’m gonna charge her all the way up. I know when I bought the car it had 402 miles range. Today I noticed 100% gives me 404 miles. Did they update the range again? Did I miss something? Pic attached.

Attachments

• B9724D59-77CA-4CDB-97EC-8A9A5205A03B.png
    B9724D59-77CA-4CDB-97EC-8A9A5205A03B.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
A variation of 2 mi out of 400 is only 0.5% inaccuracy. Sorry, Tesla battery range measurement electronics is not precise. Months from now, don’t be surprised if you see a 100% range of 398 to 406 miles. It is wise about once every month or two charging to 100% for self-calibration. There are videos of people driving a Tesla to a SC with 0 range on display.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Hi All,

Haven’t had my car for very long (21 MS LR+) and haven’t had a need to charge to 100%. Tomorrow going on a long trip and might not have access to a charger for a few days. So I’m gonna charge her all the way up. I know when I bought the car it had 402 miles range. Today I noticed 100% gives me 404 miles. Did they update the range again? Did I miss something? Pic attached.

They haven't officially updated it. If you follow Tesla updates you will note that Tesla updated the range of the Model S Performance with the new H revision battery pack, but did not update the range on the LR+. That likely means Tesla is holding back range (displayed) on these cars.

Another sign they are holding back is your Monroney sticker. I believe it lists range at 406 or 407.