Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Noise canceling speakers in seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be easy to test/prove, by paying back a blank audio track, and seeing if you can hear whatever ARNR is up to. In my car, ARNR was so broken it introduced the worst noises to the cabin ever...

Mine did that once, early on, and not since. Put a Service call in and they remotely tweaked something and it seemed better. I am not very scientific in my gaging but seems better.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
ANC works really well actually. I think it only works, however, when there is music playing at minimum level 5. I dont believe it works solely without anything running through the main speakers-- which is why many people, including myself would have thought it's garbage.

Once you have some music running at at least level 5, i've noticed, you will hear some faint counter frequencies that are trying to cancel those unwanted road noises.

I also used to think it didn't work, but once you kind of figure out when or how to activate it, it's really cool and it keeps the cabin really quite.

I first noticed it when I had music playing at a louder volume and when i suddenly paused my music I could hear the counter frequencies for a slight second after. This is how i determined it only works at when music or something is playing.

Let me know otherwise, but I do believe in the technology. It might improve down the road, but so far it seems to work for me.

Great info. This is what I was looking for. I will do some testing. Thank you!

2021+ Model S/X is equipped with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). Microphones located in the front seats detect the amount of external road noise that can be heard inside the cabin. The system then automatically generates noise-canceling sounds through the speakers, minimizing the amount of road noise that you can hear.

I can't tell any difference with it on or off. ZERO at any speed or road condition. With all fans off and all windows up ect.

Can you guys tell if it's on or off?
I can't tell a difference at all