Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid 19" - | Red, Full Xpel PPF, Ceramic Coating, 35% Tint and extras | - Rockford, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pains me to do this, but I'm selling my September delivery 19" Red, Black/Wood interior, Model S Plaid. My priorities in life have changed recently and I'd like more financial security before going all out on a car lol. Also, I barely drive it - I drive 3-5 miles to the supermarket every now and again but that's about it. I took delivery in September and the car has 7,650 miles. Most of these miles were from a round trip from IL to CA. I haven't launched the car much, maybe 8-9 times in total as it made me want to pass out haha. It's been taken very good care of and was basically my baby.

The car is currently in the FSD Beta with a 100 driver score.

The first week of delivery I fully protected the car:

- Full Xpel PPF (a part from the exterior of trunk hatch - loading area of the trunk is covered though) - including door sills, door handles and rear bumper/loading area
- Xpel track kit (10mm extra thick ppf) on rocker panels
- Xpel Fusion Ceramic coating on all painted surfaces
- Xpel XR plus (70% windshield and 35% other windows) - blocks 98% of heat and 99% UV
- RRP $9k+

Extras
- Glass Screen protector added to 17" display ($90)
- Uniden R7 Radar detector ($499) with premium blendmount holder ($149) - hardwired and cables hidden (picture included) - can detect cops over 2 miles away.
- Winter tires have been added - Fronts and rears - these are the best winter tires I've ever used (check the ratings). They're fantastic all seasons as well. The original tires that came with the car are back in CA and will NOT be included with the car. Unless you are willing to drive to CA to pick them up at my other house LOL.

Seller requirements:
- I've never sold privately and this worries me. I will only sell to members with a high reputation and experience buying privately with an existing loan on the car. I'm not looking to make a profit like other posters are. I'd just like to pay my loan back. This is a bargain as you're getting a ton of extra features that would cost an additional $15 - 20k so I will be very selective with buyers.
I don't want to sound like a dick, but if I receive a lot of scam messages, i will just sell it to Carvana and eat the minor loss. However, I felt like someone in the community who's been waiting a while could get a fully loaded Plaid right away instead of waiting.

Asking price: $129,500

Please note:
- My car is currently at the service center because the far center console drawer wasn't closing smoothly, so they're replacing it with a brand new one. They had to special order the new part so they told me it will take a few days. I will add more pictures once I pick it up from the service center. However I just wanted to gather some interest now. The interior is in perfect brand new condition, but I will add pictures once it returns from the service center.
- Minor curb rash on the left rear rim, but it's incredibly difficult to spot unless you're looking really close. Will post pictures of this when I possible.
- I have a loan on the vehicle so you'd need to pay my bank directly and then receive the title from them. Once my bank has confirmed receipt of funds I will hand the car over (after all necessary paper work of course). I have never sold a car privately with a loan on it before so if you have experience that'd be a bonus.

IMG_6327.jpgIMG_0081.jpgIMG_0077.jpgIMG_0074.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0032.jpg20210918_164847.jpg20210918_164843.jpgIMG_0037.jpgIMG_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Here's all the protection that was added to the car:

All bottles and rolls have been fully registered with Xpel. This will give you a 10 year warranty at any shop that offers Xpel. I will provide all warranty info upon sale.

xpel bottle info.png

XR Plus tint was also added to the sun roof since the refreshed Model S lets in a lot of heat compared to the previous models. You cannot tell there is any tint, but it significantly reduces heat that comes through the roof. This was amazing during the summer.

Wouldn't it be 17 months, as it's a September 2021 delivery? Mileage is fairly low for that time frame.

But price is still high, there are plenty of early Plaids for $90-105k on the market right now that are sitting.
Yes price is way high. It’s almost what he paid and the second he took delivery the value drops at least 10% but because it might take so long to order a new one someone may be willing to pay a premium to get it now.