Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it is important to state upfront in the OP that the seller is a grey dealer (aka scalper), and the story about being too tall for MS is a bit ... irrelevant. I also wonder why is the OP has site residence in NV and sells the car in TX.

By the way, YOU WILL pay sale tax on purchasing a used Tesla, but you may be able to avoid paying taxes if you sell your car in the same year. Expect the price of this car to dive down before January 1st. :)
200 plus scalpers on carguru learning this lesson the hard way!!

I believe it is important to state upfront in the OP that the seller is a grey dealer (aka scalper), and the story about being too tall for MS is a bit ... irrelevant. I also wonder why is the OP has site residence in NV and sells the car in TX.

By the way, YOU WILL pay sale tax on purchasing a used Tesla, but you may be able to avoid paying taxes if you sell your car in the same year. Edit: If seller's car is still on temporary tag, the tax has not been paid yet. Expect the price of this car to dive down before pretty soon (perhaps by January 1st). :)
Makes you love the Tesla no dealership plan even more!

Makes you love the Tesla no dealership plan even more!
I mean it's fine with me if someone wants to make some money by selling a car during the great car shortage. But I really don't like when fake stories are attached to these sales. I recall a recent (and potentially unconfirmed) story how someone was buying a car in Nevada for cash, and he was sold a rental car with faked CA title. People people, please do NOT pay for cars that transportation will be "arranged" by individual sellers, and never pay cash (pay doge :p). Verify the title in DMV, and make payments inside a bank.

Reactions: Duke846
Tax is paid, but opted only to title the car rather than paying registration given that I had already decided to sell it. I lived in Reno and just moved to Austin. Not a dealer. Just a guy who likes his M3P more, and is now looking to get the best $ I can get for the car.

The $135k offer fell through, so I'm open to offers.

Sorry, it just doesn't add up. OP works/worked for Tesla and grew too tall since the last Model S he bought/sold?
Right, they are not that rare. Quite a few in inventory. Plenty with white interior too. I know, because I don’t want whit interior. The absolute best he is gonna do is msrp price, without tax and $5-10K hit. Anyone that pays more would be a fool.

Reactions: Duke846