Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I have a weird little problem. I cannot figure out how to set the car's charging start time at home to take advantage of lower electricity rates. There seems to be an option to set a start time but it's dimmed out. YouTube is of no help, neither is the owner manual. What am I doing wrong?

I understand as I fiddled with this last week. I had it on Scheduled Charge previously. Then I couldn't find it. Even thought the Charging screen is only a half page, I think you need to scroll down to see the hidden last line "Change to Scheduled Charge" that toggles to "Change to Scheduled Departure". The time and the enabling option should appear if you toggle this, eventually selecting "Change to Scheduled Charge". I think this is what happened anyway, when I got the time and enable button to reappear. Try it. :)

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I understand as I fiddled with this last week. I had it on Scheduled Charge previously. Then I couldn't find it. Even thought the Charging screen is only a half page, I think you need to scroll down to see the hidden last line "Change to Scheduled Charge" that toggles to "Change to Scheduled Departure". The time and the enabling option should appear if you toggle this, eventually selecting "Change to Scheduled Charge". I think this is what happened anyway, when I got the time and enable button to reappear. Try it. :)
I just, finally, figured it out. Turn off scheduled departure first to enable scheduled charging time. Duh. LOL

Reactions: DerbyDave