Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. My apologies if this has been answered already. Ive had my MSLR for just a few days now and my family was asking where tesla karaoke is. I couldn't find it anywhere. Its not an option within sources for audio. Did they remove that feature or am I just missing it? BTW the car is amazing.

Hey all. My apologies if this has been answered already. Ive had my MSLR for just a few days now and my family was asking where tesla karaoke is. I couldn't find it anywhere. Its not an option within sources for audio. Did they remove that feature or am I just missing it? BTW the car is amazing.
Missing on the refreshed UI, as are many other things we've grown accustom to...

And it does! So now I have a 1TB Sandisk in the glovebox for Sentry/dashcam and a 64GB USB in the center console for MP3 songs... both working (as well as before).
I am now retracting this confirmation. I'm not sure if something changed in one of the three updates I've received in the past couple of weeks, but the 1TB drive in the glovebox is NOT working for Sentry/Dashcam. Mega fail there. It does act like it's working...allows me to format without error, allows me to enable Sentry without error and even reports events recorded when returning to my car from an outage, but it most certainly has not been recording. This is extremely frustrating as I was nearly in an accident today and immediately pulled the footage... nothing. I also have a Blackvue dashcam as the Tesla dashcam has been so unreliable, and for some weird, explainable reason, the Blackvue stopped recording about 30 minutes before the incident and for the rest of that drive. That has never happened before. The Blackvue has never let me down except for this one time I really needed it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
The auto gear select works fine in the garage, but in a parking lot it is only correct 50% of the time. Be careful especially with perpendicular parking and a car directly in front of you. I'd say it wants to go forward half of the time. Tesla needs to get this fixed.

Reactions: boonedocks
The auto gear select works fine in the garage, but in a parking lot it is only correct 50% of the time. Be careful especially with perpendicular parking and a car directly in front of you. I'd say it wants to go forward half of the time. Tesla needs to get this fixed.
There are definitely times where it inexplicitly tells you to go in a direction that is impossible to go in. (Something directly in front of you or behind you, and the other direction is wide open.)

Anyone else find it annoying that superchargers no longer show on the map when zoomed out? You need to zoom into a smaller geography for them to show up, which makes it impossible to see them along a long route. Not sure if this is an issue with just the S or the latest software for all models, but it wasn’t the case on my Model 3.
I don’t think it shows all of them when zoomed out. I am in Austin TX and it only shows 3 closest to me. But I know of other few ones in San Antonio when I zoom that out.

Anyone else find it annoying that superchargers no longer show on the map when zoomed out? You need to zoom into a smaller geography for them to show up, which makes it impossible to see them along a long route. Not sure if this is an issue with just the S or the latest software for all models, but it wasn’t the case on my Model 3.
Noticed this. Def not as convenient

If you tap on Navigate and then the Charging tab next to Home and Work, you can filter it to see only level 3 chargers, which would be Superchargers.
20210921_100644.jpg

20210921_131325.jpg

One thing I find missing (which is kind of more user interface than software - but could be implemented with a software update) is the inability to adjust the following distance from the scroll wheel on the yoke. Coming from a Model 3 which had this ability it's puzzling to me why this isn't used on the refreshed Model S.
As it is now, we have to go into Controls>Autopilot>Cruise Follow Distance> and choose a setting from 1-7 there. This is something we need to be able to adjust on the fly without looking away from the road and fumbling through menus on the screen.

One thing I find missing (which is kind of more user interface than software - but could be implemented with a software update) is the inability to adjust the following distance from the scroll wheel on the yoke. Coming from a Model 3 which had this ability it's puzzling to me why this isn't used on the refreshed Model S.
As it is now, we have to go into Controls>Autopilot>Cruise Follow Distance> and choose a setting from 1-7 there. This is something we need to be able to adjust on the fly without looking away from the road and fumbling through menus on the screen.
I had a model 3 for a year and didn’t even know about that! Lol

Reactions: McQ14
I imagine it will come. Model S is still half baked. I imagine that the right scroll wheel will be dedicated to autopilot functionality. No clue if we will get "widgets" back on the instrument cluster.