Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Compared to other Teslas - the Model S refresh seems to have a slight delay when turning on TACC and AP with the right scroll wheel button. It becomes annoying on a road trip when you are engaging and disengaging a lot.
I think this happens if you've changed the setting to require a double press to engage AP (so that a single press engages TACC only). The software has to have a slight delay to detect the difference between a single press and double press in that case. If you leave this setting at its default, any press of the right button can instantly enable/disable AP, but then you can't enable TACC only.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve and VikH
I think this happens if you've changed the setting to require a double press to engage AP (so that a single press engages TACC only). The software has to have a slight delay to detect the difference between a single press and double press in that case. If you leave this setting at its default, any press of the right button can instantly enable/disable AP, but then you can't enable TACC only.
That makes sense. I will try switching to single press to see if that improves response.

This is correct. I switched to Single Press and it engaged+disengaged AP immediately. Tesla adds a slight delay if you have Double Press enabled for both engaging and disengaging TACC.

85 only on Freeways, but limited to 5 mph over on all other roads. I drive on Highways listed at 55 MPH where you would get shot driving 60, so I cannot use AP. If TACC does not have this limitation, I would be very happy.
My MS has recently started allowing me to go fast on all other roads. I live out in the country in east Texas and I don’t know if it “learned” the roads and allows me to go faster or if it’s a glitch, but it’ll lemme go as fast as I want now.

As to missing and incomplete software features:

I am still unable to answer an incoming phone call on the yoke.

The driver display is still lacking the trip card option as well as the tire pressure option.

The center screen is still not customizable to any great extent.

Homelink control is now too small (but at least on the top of the screen instead of interfering with the rearview camera) and the "trip information" is too large taking up the whole center screen making the whole center screen real estate pretty much useless (while in use).

As to missing and incomplete software features:

I am still unable to answer an incoming phone call on the yoke.

The driver display is still lacking the trip card option as well as the tire pressure option.

The center screen is still not customizable to any great extent.

Homelink control is now too small (but at least on the top of the screen instead of interfering with the rearview camera) and the "trip information" is too large taking up the whole center screen making the whole center screen real estate pretty much useless (while in use).
Try voice commands.
"Show tire pressures"

Reactions: aerodyne
Try voice commands.
"Show tire pressures"

Yes, voice commands can work, sort of.

Saying "trips" does in fact bring up the trip card on the center screen, but as I was saying, it makes the rest of the center screen worthless. Far more elegant was showing this information on the drivers screen as in the previous model S/X.

I do not believe a voice command can answer an incoming call. Even if it did wouldn't it be simpler and more elegant pressing the microphone button as in previous models and pretty much every other car manufacturer?

Yes, voice commands can work, sort of.

Saying "trips" does in fact bring up the trip card on the center screen, but as I was saying, it makes the rest of the center screen worthless. Far more elegant was showing this information on the drivers screen as in the previous model S/X.

I do not believe a voice command can answer an incoming call. Even if it did wouldn't it be simpler and more elegant pressing the microphone button as in previous models and pretty much every other car manufacturer?
Odd about voice calls. I agree.

Reactions: aerodyne

😭😭😭
That seems like a tough regulation to meet if you have frameless Windows. I'd imagine the regulators have to push the windows pretty hard to close them and wouldn't be able to detect a finger in the window. The stupid windows require a lot of pressure against the body to make a good seal.

Reactions: Bull
I made a new thread here to better address the smaller subset of missing things that were advertised:

Input is appreciated.