Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found some more issues:
Nav buttons (traffic, satellite, waypoints) disappear from the screen under some circumstances, not sure how to get them back but they do come back.
Glovebox opens inconsistently with a PIN. Sometimes it just silently fails.

Found some more issues:
Nav buttons (traffic, satellite, waypoints) disappear from the screen under some circumstances, not sure how to get them back but they do come back.
Glovebox opens inconsistently with a PIN. Sometimes it just silently fails.
Maybe a design decision? I noticed they disappear too, but tapping on the map brings them back.

• Informative
Reactions: bmt00
Maybe a design decision? I noticed they disappear too, but tapping on the map brings them back.
Yup, within spec 🤣

1625975118272.png

Reactions: JimmyMS
Hello, I am new to Tesla vehicles. I took possession of my new Model S Plaid a week ago. I've come across a few things I wanted to ask on here. I appreciate your help.

1. Does Premium connectivity only give you data connection but no access to music or video content?

2. The frunk is hard to close manually, isn't it supposed to be automatic?

3. My wife and I were having issues with the climate controls yesterday, we tried to use the split feature and the system wasn't working properly allowing separate climate control hot/cold. I will bring it to the SC for a warranty issue but wanted to mention on here.

4. I had a problem not being able to set up my phone as a key, here is the link to another post with a solution.

5. If I set my navigation to a destination, shouldn't the car drive to that destination on auto pilot?

Hello, I am new to Tesla vehicles. I took possession of my new Model S Plaid a week ago. I've come across a few things I wanted to ask on here. I appreciate your help.

1. Does Premium connectivity only give you data connection but no access to music or video content?

2. The frunk is hard to close manually, isn't it supposed to be automatic?

3. My wife and I were having issues with the climate controls yesterday, we tried to use the split feature and the system wasn't working properly allowing separate climate control hot/cold. I will bring it to the SC for a warranty issue but wanted to mention on here.

4. I had a problem not being able to set up my phone as a key, here is the link to another post with a solution.

5. If I set my navigation to a destination, shouldn't the car drive to that destination on auto pilot?
  1. Guess define music and video? Does it come with a Netflix, Hulu or Spotify account? No. It does allow you to stream to one of those services that is pre-paid for separately.
  2. It is not. You have to manually close it. The manual is a great guide on how to close it properly - tip: not in the center.

…I've come across a few things I wanted to ask on here. I appreciate your help…

2…

3…

4…

1. Doesn’t the car have LiveXLive (formerly called Slacker) for streaming audio as well as a streaming podcast service? My S still does. As mentioned, some first tier streaming providers are accommodated if you already subscribe.

5. If you paid for Full Self Driving (FSD) or have a trial, the car will Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) but you still have to do a lot of the work yourself, back out, manage all the non marked roadways, start from red lights, etc. NoA is amazing but has a long way to go before the car drives itself.

1. Guess define music and video? Does it come with a Netflix, Hulu or Spotify account? No. It does allow you to stream to one of those services that is pre-paid for separately.
  2. It is not. You have to manually close it. The manual is a great guide on how to close it properly - tip: not in the center.
LOL, Thank you for the tip. I supposed people's first instinct is to push the middle or slam it close. At least I didn't cause any damage. 😪

Reactions: cwanja
1. Doesn’t the car have LiveXLive (formerly called Slacker) for streaming audio as well as a streaming podcast service? My S still does. As mentioned, some first tier streaming providers are accommodated if you already subscribe.

5. If you paid for Full Self Driving (FSD) or have a trial, the car will Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) but you still have to do a lot of the work yourself, back out, manage all the non marked roadways, start from red lights, etc. NoA is amazing but has a long way to go before the car drives itself.

It does and it's still called slacker. It's a pink box icon I believe. I love it but it's EXTREMELY glitchy now. Hopefully they fix. Turns off my screen everytime I click more than 4/5 diff stations. Really annoying...

Is anyone else missing the "Navigate on Autopilot" button when you plug in a destination? All options are on in the autopilot menu but the button isnt there. I read others in various models had this issue and they forced a reboot which prompted it to show. I've done this a few times and yet the button never appears. Autopilot works everywhere but it wont change lanes or take any exits. It will simply follow the current road forever and keep telling me to take the next exit.

Hello. I am new to this site! So awesome as I thought I was doing something incorrect. I can not play back Sentry mode video, start FSD or see forward video. Does the model s have a forward camera? I think it must, but it is not displayed on the camera app. What do I do?

Thank you...
Yes it has forward facing cameras, three in fact. No you cannot bring them up to view on the camera app. You can only see one in Sentry Videos. Believe there is no icon to launch them in the current Model S refresh software. You can use voice command to say "open dashcam" and it will launch.