Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t find any mention of it in the features list in the order page.
They did yank it. But I also think they yanked ANC as well? Yet, according to Green the code is there to enable it In the future?
Just passing it on…
You decide on its validity.
He mentioned it here at 1:03:24
I mean, I cannot really speak to their credibility (or lack there of) in a single episode. I would be more curious on someone who has listened to him on some length, heard his speculation based on “sources” and then those speculations are validated to be true. I saw a longer posted in the main delivery thread that seemed to provide some more details. We shall ultimately see.

I would be curious from any current owners - would tilting improve or change your experience at all with the screen?

They did yank it. But I also think they yanked ANC as well? Yet, according to Green the code is there to enable it In the future?

I mean, I cannot really speak to their credibility (or lack there of) in a single episode. I would be more curious on someone who has listened to him on some length, heard his speculation based on “sources” and then those speculations are validated to be true. I saw a longer posted in the main delivery thread that seemed to provide some more details. We shall ultimately see.

I would be curious from any current owners - would tilting improve or change your experience at all with the screen?

ANC is still listed on the features page of the Model S in the sound system blurb.

Reactions: jebinc and cwanja

Ryan McCaffrey has been a great resource for the community. He puts a great deal of effort into his journalistic efforts.
I don’t know what the reliability of his source is, but he did mention that “proof” was provided.
If it’s the first time you’ve listened to him, I highly recommend you tune in to his weekly podcast which is every Sunday.
He has interviewed both Elon Musk and Franz von Holzhausen.

Reactions: jebinc and cwanja

Please provide links to other thread(s) discussing this. Thanks

There are no tilt motors in delivered cars. Remove your qi charging pad and the panel above - they're just held in place with clips (I am not liable for any damage incurred should someone try this), and see for yourselves. There should be a cylindrical motor at either far end of the tilt mechanism pictured earlier, but you'll find none present.

Pretty unhappy about that. At 17", tilt would've been a great ergonomic boon. Especially while stationary and watching something, doubly so once they actually implement console quality games.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Please provide links to other thread(s) discussing this. Thanks
Here is the other post that I have seen referencing the same podcasts and news.

Ryan McCaffrey has been a great resource for the community. He puts a great deal of effort into his journalistic efforts.
I don’t know what the reliability of his source is, but he did mention that “proof” was provided.
If it’s the first time you’ve listened to him, I highly recommend you tune in to his weekly podcast which is every Sunday.
He has interviewed both Elon Musk and Franz von Holzhausen.
Another guy on facebook took apart the display and there was a clear tilt and motor. So here we are....I"m not sure what is true now.

The rear USB ports are for power only--no data traces
I was trying to use them as a charger with a USB-C cable that works fine on my MacBook Pro, could not get power from either port, wasn’t sure if they require rear passenger presence to activate. Aside from the USB port in the glove compartment, there are no other ports in the car to charge things, correct?

I was trying to use them as a charger with a USB-C cable that works fine on my MacBook Pro, could not get power from either port, wasn’t sure if they require rear passenger presence to activate. Aside from the USB port in the glove compartment, there are no other ports in the car to charge things, correct?
I would open a ticket on that, I believe they should be active when the car is on. There are also 2 USB-C ports and a standard 12V (cigarette lighter) power port in the console--to get to them you need to slide back the cupholder and the little cubby--a flashlight also helps. Those USB ports have power + data.

Reactions: foos and cwanja
I would open a ticket on that, I believe they should be active when the car is on. There are also 2 USB-C ports and a standard 12V (cigarette lighter) power port in the console--to get to them you need to slide back the cupholder and the little cubby--a flashlight also helps. Those USB ports have power + data.
Going to go check those right now lmao. I could’ve sworn I swiped my hand everywhere and could not find a single cig plug or USB port in the front. I really got to finish reading this darn manual 🤦🏼‍♂️

Well I guess the auto park is no longer apart of this software update. This is kinda weird as to what’s going on software wise with these new S. Literally after this software update, auto shift out of park was disabled, Bluetooth no longer auto connects, and car for 10 mins no matter what, even with reboots thought the seatbelt was unbuckled. 😩😩

Here's a silly question. Is there a quick way to unlock the doors from within the S without going into the controls menu? I know on the 3 and Y there's a little lock icon, but that is missing on the S. I've tried hitting park multiple times and that doesn't seem to unlock (present) the door handles to outsiders. Thanks!

Reactions: jebinc
Here's a silly question. Is there a quick way to unlock the doors from within the S without going into the controls menu? I know on the 3 and Y there's a little lock icon, but that is missing on the S. I've tried hitting park multiple times and that doesn't seem to unlock (present) the door handles to outsiders. Thanks!
Without that menu bar, I think it’s buried in the settings. Hope it’s coming back in v11 or some version of a 3/4 baked v10.2