Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They way I read the owners manual, I think ExFAT works if you are using a Windows machine to do the formatting. If you use a Mac, you are limited to FAT32. Could be wrong in that.

You can have the car format the drive, so maybe try that?

I don't know, seems pretty clear to me.

1629912798548.png

Attachments

• 1629912960380.png
    1629912960380.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 30
v4 of the iOS app fixes the bug where the car needs to be selected for the phone key to work - yay!
One new bug that I see right away is my P85D is now listed as just "P85D" with no indication of the Ludicrous upgrade.
The mileage, VIN and SW version listed at the bottom have been washed, and are now shrunk as well.

I haven't tested all the app functionality just yet, but there might be other bugs in there, like a game of Centipede. This is Tesla, of course. :)

Reactions: cwanja
I am only going to drop this here because I know phone key was discussed earlier. Full disclosure, still waiting for my car.

I live in a three story house with the living room right above the garage. Will my phone actively lock and unlock my car when I am walking in and out of the living room? Does anyone have a similar situation and can comment on how the phone key proximity will work? Probably one of the biggest, subtle features I am looking forward to with quick, non-exiting the vehicle drives. But I would hate to not be able to enable it due to the car actively locking and unlocking.

I am only going to drop this here because I know phone key was discussed earlier. Full disclosure, still waiting for my car.

I live in a three story house with the living room right above the garage. Will my phone actively lock and unlock my car when I am walking in and out of the living room? Does anyone have a similar situation and can comment on how the phone key proximity will work? Probably one of the biggest, subtle features I am looking forward to with quick, non-exiting the vehicle drives. But I would hate to not be able to enable it due to the car actively locking and unlocking.
In your case, I would set the walk-away locking to exclude your home location (if that is an option on the refresh.)

Reactions: TXgr81 and cwanja