Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any advantage to having creep mode? I love not having to keep my foot on the brake at a stop light so really don't care if they bring creep mode back or not.

I guess its just more of a preference.
One advantage is if you are pulling into a parking space, your foot is over the brake instead of the accelerator. See all the "sudden unattended acceleration" threads where people pushed the accelerator and accidentally launched their car into a wall or another vehicle because they had their foot over the wrong pedal.

• Funny
Reactions: VM0412 and WhiteWi
Is there any advantage to having creep mode? I love not having to keep my foot on the brake at a stop light so really don't care if they bring creep mode back or not.

I guess its just more of a preference.
It's much easier pulling into a garage, kissing up to a wall, etc.. Just let it slowly creep until you get to your position instead of having to constantly "flutter" the accelerator.

It's much easier pulling into a garage, kissing up to a wall, etc.. Just let it slowly creep until you get to your position instead of having to constantly "flutter" the accelerator.

This is true, but a price worth paying for one-pedal driving the rest of the time. For what it’s worth I park about 2 inches from my garage wall every day…

This is true, but a price worth paying for one-pedal driving the rest of the time. For what it’s worth I park about 2 inches from my garage wall every day…
I get it, just want the option as it would satisfy both camps. I remember when loaner cars were locked to creep mode for safety reasons but can't for the life of me figure out why Tesla decided to remove an option. I guess they decided to take the yoke approach and just force it on you. lol

So I accepted 2021.32.5 last night as yet another hope to get my USB music back... and nope. Dammit. Am I stuck without USB music forever? How in the heck is this so screwed up and seemingly unreversible? But I did get another rearrangement of buttons and options... :rolleyes:
Okay, some progress on my various USB drive issues.

After updating to 2021.32.5, I'm not sure it rebooted the MCU, so yesterday I removed all USB drives and did a scroll wheel reboot. I then put my Sandisk 1TB NVMe (as above) in the glovebox and it recognized it (as before), I used the MCU to format it (and it did, as before), but now it's using it! So maybe something in 2021.32.5 fixed/enabled that functionality. Dashcam and Sentry are verified working with this device plugged into the glovebox port.

I haven't had a chance to verify my USB music drive works in the console port(s).

Reactions: Maximus023
Feature request: When on a call, use the voice command button to hang up. Not like I can use it anyways while on a call...
Another feature request/bug fix: if you have an alternate horn sound (like Old Horn) configured and you're playing music (streaming or USB), when you honk the horn it plays the Old Horn sound, but your media playing goes into spinning mode and doesn't return unless you skip track or switch sources.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximus023
Okay, some progress on my various USB drive issues.

After updating to 2021.32.5, I'm not sure it rebooted the MCU, so yesterday I removed all USB drives and did a scroll wheel reboot. I then put my Sandisk 1TB NVMe (as above) in the glovebox and it recognized it (as before), I used the MCU to format it (and it did, as before), but now it's using it! So maybe something in 2021.32.5 fixed/enabled that functionality. Dashcam and Sentry are verified working with this device plugged into the glovebox port.

I haven't had a chance to verify my USB music drive works in the console port(s).
And it does! So now I have a 1TB Sandisk in the glovebox for Sentry/dashcam and a 64GB USB in the center console for MP3 songs... both working (as well as before).

Reactions: DogStar1