Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird. Did you wait for the 2021.32.5 audio system update before doing this?
I may be an outlier, but I don't think the system, after 32.5 anyway, is bad. I think it sounds pretty good in fact. I'm a fairly discerning listener with a system at home that is very good. I'm on the older side, though, so perhaps my hearing isn't up to par. However, the comments on the system not being any good don't appear to be limited to just 'can't hear higher frequencies', which I may be missing even at home.
I'd try it out with your favorite music on a 44/16 FLAC file on a USB before deciding on changing it out with an aftermarket system.

Reactions: bhzmark
I may be an outlier, but I don't think the system, after 32.5 anyway, is bad. I think it sounds pretty good in fact. I'm a fairly discerning listener with a system at home that is very good. I'm on the older side, though, so perhaps my hearing isn't up to par. However, the comments on the system not being any good don't appear to be limited to just 'can't hear higher frequencies', which I may be missing even at home.
I'd try it out with your favorite music on a 44/16 FLAC file on a USB before deciding on changing it out with an aftermarket system.
There's also the forthcoming ANC to consider, which may be optimized for Tesla's own speakers. Until things settle out with that, I would not touch the speakers. Obviously @Emiller feels differently, and I'm interested to see how it plays out.

So, a theory in this--one of the news stories that came out a while ago was that Tesla was adapting their SW to work with whatever ASICs they could get their hands, which is why they were still shipping cars, while other manufacturers were idling factories.

That is cool that they can do that, but porting a SW stack to a different ASIC is still going to take time and effort to develop, build and test and I think that might be why we see FW updates all over the map. My May build is built with ASICs A, B, C and D is running 32.5 but someone else's Aug build might have ASICs D, E, F and G and the latest FW tested and validated on those ASICs might be 25.2 -- that's why follks get the "this is the latest for your vehicle" comments while it is obvious there is newer FW in the wild.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm missing a lot. Picked up car a few days ago, still on 2021.11.102 for a 8/21 build. Tesla service told me that "this is latest version for my vehicle."

Have had software on advanced and still no go.
It's not unusual for newly-delivered cars to take a couple weeks to get their first update. Many new MS owners have reported that it's taken several weeks, in fact. It does seem odd that you're a version from MARCH, though. Sheesh.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Hi, FWIW, 176/24 actually plays fine too in the MS. So looks like 44/16, 48/16, 176/24 work (I'm assuming your 48k downsample went to 48/16 rather than 48/24?)
I re-encoded with ffmpeg
new file (plays):
Duration: 00:03:35.14, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 706 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16
old file (does not):
Duration: 00:03:35.14, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2641 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: flac, 96000 Hz, stereo, s32 (24 bit)

Wow, I'm missing a lot. Picked up car a few days ago, still on 2021.11.102 for a 8/21 build. Tesla service told me that "this is latest version for my vehicle."

Have had software on advanced and still no go.
Forgot to add maps on this are 2020.48, noticed when I couldn't add NAV on autopilot because maps are out of date.

Ironically my car was almost perfect at pu from a build standpoint, but list of issues caused by or missing due to old FW and maps is quite lengthy.

Reactions: T-Racer
@omarsultan Do you have autopark in 32.5? I still do not have it in 32.5. I believe you had it, and then it was removed? Release notes are saying it is supposed to be there.
I think TeslaScope is wrong on this one. My 2021.32.5 release notes don’t mention AutoPark:

95782DA2-0C3E-4E2F-ACDC-F8835B3B998D.jpeg

@omarsultan Do you have autopark in 32.5? I still do not have it in 32.5. I believe you had it, and then it was removed? Release notes are saying it is supposed to be there.
Nobody except Early Access people have AutoPark yet.
I think TeslaScope is wrong on this one. My 2021.32.5 release notes don’t mention AutoPark:

View attachment 708433
Ooh, another example of the Range Display that not everyone got on 32.5. So bizarre.

I had is in 32.2, but it went away and has not come back again. The only one I have seen who got AutoPark in 32.5 was Marge and that is might have been a mistake.

Reactions: brunla
I do not have autopark. Also for some reason Caraoke is missing but that doesn't bother me, I'd probably cause the system to shut down if I sang in the car. Also for some reason Navigate on autopilot was working and then disappeared today - is this related to the beta 10 FSD release? I do have FSD but obbiously not activated yet?

• Funny
I do not have autopark. Also for some reason Caraoke is missing but that doesn't bother me, I'd probably cause the system to shut down if I sang in the car. Also for some reason Navigate on autopilot was working and then disappeared today - is this related to the beta 10 FSD release? I do have FSD but obbiously not activated yet?
Check the Autopilot settings. In my tesla, Navigate on autopilot is disabled because my maps are not up-to-date.
The fact that I can't update the maps (even though the car is connected to a strong wifi signal) is yet another problem.

I had is in 32.2, but it went away and has not come back again. The only one I have seen who got AutoPark in 32.5 was Marge and that is might have been a mistake.
Kind of amazing they would give you the feature and then take it away. Must be some significant issue with it. Although many brands like Toyotas have autopark, so not sure why this is so difficult for them.