Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what you mean. I can change the climate with arrows, but I have left and right side climate unsynced. Unsure if that makes any difference.
Check out the number 14, There's no arrow to control the intensity, only slider.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 2.55.32 PM.png

Reactions: McQ14
Not sure what you mean. I can change the climate with arrows, but I have left and right side climate unsynced. Unsure if that makes any difference.
Check out the number 14, There's no arrow to control the intensity, only slider.

View attachment 709315
You can change the temperature with the arrows, but not fan speed that @Zaker89 is after. Technically if you are on "auto" decreasing the temperature should increase the fan speed. But if you run it manual, you have to drag that slider to increase the fan speed. Hopefully both these functions comes back to a scroll wheel function.

Reactions: T-Racer and Zaker89
You can change the temperature with the arrows, but not fan speed that @Zaker89 is after. Technically if you are on "auto" decreasing the temperature should increase the fan speed. But if you run it manual, you have to drag that slider to increase the fan speed. Hopefully both these functions comes back to a scroll wheel function.
Thanks for clarifying it :)

Reactions: T-Racer and cwanja
Ahh gotcha. I've personally never needed to change the fan speed since I keep it in auto, but i definitely understand the slider being a pain if you regularly change the fan speed.

Took the delivery of my S lr Thursday. Like the car except the yoke. With that said, few questions that i m hoping someone here will shed the thank you.

- is there any way control the button press intensity of steering wheel touch sensitive buttons.
- is the 3-blink turn signal functionality available in the refreshed S
- homelink programming runs successfully but doesn’t work when i try to open garage door from the car. If Anyone ran into this issue and fixed it, please let me know

Took the delivery of my S lr Thursday. Like the car except the yoke. With that said, few questions that i m hoping someone here will shed the thank you.

- is there any way control the button press intensity of steering wheel touch sensitive buttons.
- is the 3-blink turn signal functionality available in the refreshed S
- homelink programming runs successfully but doesn’t work when i try to open garage door from the car. If Anyone ran into this issue and fixed it, please let me know
No. No. Have you tried programming in a different mode? When you were programming it, did it open (or close) the garage during the testing?

No. No. Have you tried programming in a different mode? When you were programming it, did it open (or close) the garage during the testing?
Dang it, manually turning off signals for lane changes is a pain. Hopefully tesla pushes some update tothis and the button sensitivity level. So the garage door programming says it completed successfully but the door itself isnt closed or opened diring the setup process

I REALY DON'T CARE ABOUT GAMES.... and would prefer they don't even put it in the car....... but, since it's there, it is something I'd like to see work. Does anyone know if controllers work now? I tried to bluetooth connect an Xbox one controller and no dice. It saw it, but never connected. I read that bluetooth controllers may not be supported, but all the info is pretty much for the bigger install base models. I had one switch pro controller that had a usb-c cable and tried that connected to one of the front ports, but no dice. Anyone know the answer for the refresh? I've read a bunch online, but I never know what actually works with these refreshes.

I want Tesla to update the air intensity level controller with arrow button(decrease/increase) not the slider.

It's very annoying to control the ac level with slider while you're driving. model 3/y comes with those buttons but why did they removed those buttons?

Am I the only one complaining about this?
You’re not the only one. This is but one of many UI fails (the seatbelt/Homelink covering repeater cameras is another complete annoyance).

I want Tesla to update the air intensity level controller with arrow button(decrease/increase) not the slider.

It's very annoying to control the ac level with slider while you're driving. model 3/y comes with those buttons but why did they removed those buttons?

Am I the only one complaining about this?

I very much agree to this - slider should also have - and + on the side, so you have the option to slide or tap. Sliding while driving can be annoying.

Reactions: Zaker89