Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing on the HVAC is that each time I start the car, the pass side vent is off. Does not matter settings it is off. As soon as I touch the vent area on the screen, it turns on and flows. Annoying. Hopefully the fix the issues with the HVAC system soon.
I'd like the opposite fix...

Even if there's a passenger in the seat, I want the ability to close the vent, but keep the driver side air flowing...

Just give us a on/off control of the vents and make it remember the setting!

After I got an OTA software update last week my Car will not connect to the Tesla network. I can’t lock it, it keeps telling me to connect to wifi when I already have, and I can’t use navigation. Has anybody heard of this and know solutions?

I’ve talked to customer support and they have no idea. I’ve scheduled a home service but now it looks like they actually want me to bring the model S in to a service center.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
After I got an OTA software update last week my Car will not connect to the Tesla network. I can’t lock it, it keeps telling me to connect to wifi when I already have, and I can’t use navigation. Has anybody heard of this and know solutions?

I’ve talked to customer support and they have no idea. I’ve scheduled a home service but now it looks like they actually want me to bring the model S in to a service center.
There were several reports of this during the EoQ. Service essentially has to reflash the firmware if I recall from others posts.

Accidentally discovered a feature in my son's new Bronco Sport:

If you open/close one of the rear passenger doors, then get into the driver's seat and drive somewhere, when you put the car back in park, the car reminds you on the center console to check the back seat. It looks like the car is smart enough to look at the sequence of events and deduce you put a kid or pet in the back seat and is reminding you of that when you are about to exit the vehicle.

Kinda cool feature--wish Tesla would spend more time on stuff like this and less on fart apps.

I'm new to Tesla -- picked up a refreshed Model S 2 weeks ago. My navigation works fine, but doesn't display dynamic traffic situations like google maps does on my iphone (i.e. amber, red, purple roads based upon traffic jam info). Is it supposed to? Thx.

I'm new to Tesla -- picked up a refreshed Model S 2 weeks ago. My navigation works fine, but doesn't display dynamic traffic situations like google maps does on my iphone (i.e. amber, red, purple roads based upon traffic jam info). Is it supposed to? Thx.
Have you enable the traffic conditions feature on the map?

1634615434306.png

1634615474941.png

Accidentally discovered a feature in my son's new Bronco Sport:

If you open/close one of the rear passenger doors, then get into the driver's seat and drive somewhere, when you put the car back in park, the car reminds you on the center console to check the back seat. It looks like the car is smart enough to look at the sequence of events and deduce you put a kid or pet in the back seat and is reminding you of that when you are about to exit the vehicle.

Kinda cool feature--wish Tesla would spend more time on stuff like this and less on fart apps.
I have this on my 21 F150 which has a similar Sync4 screen. I dnot think it ever is that smart. it tells me to check when i didnt even open the rear doors.

Reactions: bhzmark
So it seems that the following need software fixes at the moment. Any owners feel free to add your input.
  • Dashcam Viewer - fixed in 2021.24 update,
  • XM radio - Added in 2021.32.10
  • Rear Entertainment - No support for Bluetooth headsets
  • Rear Entertainment - Unable to play games
  • Instrument cluster is not customizable
  • Active Noise Cancelation not yet enabled
  • Tesla Caraoke missing
  • Energy app missing
  • No screen tilt functionality (may also be hardware related)
  • Inability to adjust follow distance via scroll wheel
  • Range mod
Clock: Time zone change does not change clock

Question: Not sure if it is a software thing, but how do you control the temperature of the rear seat climate control from the front?

All my past cars you can control the rear climate control from the front screen. Perhaps i am missing something but cant find it anywhere. Woud llike to know if there is a way to SYNC the temp with the front as wel.

Reactions: McQ14