Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So glad I found this thread. Everything from the missing dash cam button, no XM, and rear climate control has been experienced in my new LR. I'm also wondering about homelink. Ive tried two remotes, in two locations with two garage doors. Has anyone successfully programmed a door? Or am I doing something wrong - it seems straightforward.
I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution to your homelink issue?

Which update on the car do I require. I'm currently running V10.2(2021.40) on the car and I think V4.2.3-742 on my Iphone XR. I should see it under Security on the phone. correct?
iPhone 12 Pro Max running 15.1 with Tesla App V 4.2.3. Auto software version: 2021.36.8
Yes turn on Sentry Mode under “Security“ on your phone and there should be a “View live camera” link. If you touch it, it will bring up an image of your car and 4 cameras. You can then select which camera to view. With your set up it seems like It should be working.

iPhone 12 Pro Max running 15.1 with Tesla App V 4.2.3. Auto software version: 2021.36.8
Yes turn on Sentry Mode under “Security“ on your phone and there should be a “View live camera” link. If you touch it, it will bring up an image of your car and 4 cameras. You can then select which camera to view. With your set up it seems like It should be working.
It must be because I'm in Canada. I got version 2021.36.5 and then 2021.40. I never got 2021.36.8 update.

Glad that it works fine for some. I have never gotten it to work with my newer Chamberlain (since 2017). I ended up buying a legacy repeater. Also, if you have trouble, try removing nearby LED lights when you program. Keep us posted.
I had a problem when programming my Chamberlain Lift Master, until the solution dawned on me.
I had the car outside of the garage in order to use a ladder to reach the Chamberlain's LEARN button. That required the car to be outside of the garage. While pressing the door-opener's fob-button, the garage door would close, blocking the signal, and interrupting the process. Walking out to the car after pressing LEARN, then holding the fob in front of the car while pressing the fob-button completed the process; I saw the car's headlights flash.

Reactions: NicB72
It must be because I'm in Canada. I got version 2021.36.5 and then 2021.40. I never got 2021.36.8 update.
Beast, Us Canucks don't have the remote access to the car for video yet even though we are at 2021.40. That being said, I got a new IOS app update yesterday however my car is in service mode at the SC right now so I cannot query it. There is a (small) chance that this added in the IOS update yesterday but unlikely and ANR is still just a dream.

Model X EPC shows all trim having light and version 1 of the complete tilt motor mechanism. Model S EPC shows the IP trim having light but none in the door trims. It originally showed the version 1 tilt mechanism with no motors, and now shows a version 2 mechanism with new kinds of motors. Despite differences in the catalog drawings, the mechanism assembly has always had the same part number between both the S and X (1607360-00-E). In reality, only one Plaid I've seen out of five has had lights in the IP trim. It also had lights in the door trims. The other four had no trim lights at all. I have yet to inspect a Palladium X.

Confused? So am I. Palladium production has clearly been a complete mess. Yesterday I went to a service center and attempted to order one of the new mechanisms. I say attempted because as I previously noted, they've all had the same part number, and the part example pictures the technician brought up were pictures of the v1 bracket with and without motors. I explained the situation to him and showed him the drawing differences which confused him as well. So the order has been made, and if the part does not match the latest drawing in the S catalog, he'll run it up the chain and inquire as to what's going on with the version control.

As far as retrofits, I have virtually no clue. So far I have yet to actually see a motorized mechanism in person - just drawings and pictures from old service manuals. Once it's confirmed motorized mechanisms are in delivered cars, we can assume Tesla will be adding first party function support, and retrofits - official or unofficial - would be practicality guaranteed.

And for anyone curious as to what the trim lighting is supposed to look like:

View attachment 726070View attachment 726071View attachment 726072View attachment 726073View attachment 726074View attachment 726075

Acrylic light bars with light engines affixed at the ends. The light engines contain a LIN driven RGB LED. I see nothing wrong with the design so my complete guess is these were a victim of the chip shortage, but again they're present in the Palladium X catalog so they may be coming back. The corresponding connectors have been present in every S I've inspected and the connectors are powered. In this particular Plaid, the light engines are likely just not receiving any commands.
Hey @Casey_S did you ever do any follow up to this?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hey @Casey_S did you ever do any follow up to this?
Part came in. Mechanism sans motors, as I expected. Trying to follow up but I'm not expecting much - this is a perpetually jammed LA service center, they've got their own priorities. I still haven't seen a Palladium X.

Meanwhile the mechanism I already had and the corresponding seat motors are still with the gear cutter. ETA 2 weeks.

Reactions: cwanja