Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new Model S LR owner (long-time 2013 P85 owner). Two quick questions for this group:

1) My car came loaded with 2021.31.103; hasn't updated in the nearly 4 weeks I've owned the car. I was expecting more frequent updates. Are they being conservative on pushing out updates right now?

2) Is there any way to get the log-in information for the native streaming service LiveXLive (formerly Slacker)? With my older P85 Tesla in 2015 gave me the login information so I was able to use the subscription on my phone and also change the settings to increase the bit rate to 320 which resulted in noticeably better streaming sound quality. Had to be done on their web interface/settings. Without a login I can't do this.

Hi all, new Model S LR owner (long-time 2013 P85 owner). Two quick questions for this group:

1) My car came loaded with 2021.31.103; hasn't updated in the nearly 4 weeks I've owned the car. I was expecting more frequent updates. Are they being conservative on pushing out updates right now?

2) Is there any way to get the log-in information for the native streaming service LiveXLive (formerly Slacker)? With my older P85 Tesla in 2015 gave me the login information so I was able to use the subscription on my phone and also change the settings to increase the bit rate to 320 which resulted in noticeably better streaming sound quality. Had to be done on their web interface/settings. Without a login I can't do this.
Software updates may lag a month or more at first. For some reason my car was delivered a pending update from 31.102 to 36.5.1. Nothing after that.

As for Slacker, let me know if you figure it out :)

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
Did you ask Tesla support for it? Did you have to ask for it in 2013? I had to ask in 2017.
I did have to ask in 2015 and this time replied to the same email address with a copy of the 2015 thread. Got a generic reply:

"...If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us to ask a question. Note that submitting a contact request requires you to be logged into your Tesla Account and is only available for current owners."

Maybe I'm missing something here, but where the heck do you send a contact request on their webpage? I'm planning to swing by my delivery center to talk to them and see if they can help. Getting an answer about anything from this company is so frustrating...

F4D999CC-1CDA-4A47-B217-504EB0A7EDC9.jpeg
Suspecting 2021.40.6 is going to be a wider release version. Mine just dropped

• Informative
Reactions: jamieb and sflgator
View attachment 735435Suspecting 2021.40.6 is going to be a wider release version. Mine just dropped
Nice. Congrats! I'm still stuck on 2021.36.5.1 AND now the Tesla Mobile Service Team just canceled my appt for Monday, saying that they have no control over firmware updates so there's nothing they can do. :rolleyes: Ugh. I hope Tesla gets me and thousands more this 2021.40.6 s/w update soon! Let us know how it is. Thank you!