Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm interesting. So, conflicting information! One member said that’s an active speaker now. When you get another chance, please shift balancer or play music and see?
Can do! Will get it back in a week or so and test again. Had about five minutes before they opened I could have tested with music, but got caught up on a work call.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
So I want to add an interesting tidbit here. Took the car out for a evening stroll (and get groceries) and there is definitely something active in the headrest on 2021.40.6. My assumption is ARNR in shadow mode collecting data. But it is clear that when I turn my head, so that my ears parallel with the headrest, it sounds like my ear closest to the headrest is enclosed. Similar to what you might experience with ANC on AirPods or similar headsets.
Oh I’m not alone with it.

I think ARNR is definitely working in shadow mode. After I got 2021.40.6 I also have noticed the noice in cabin has changed on roads where I drive everyday. I can’t say it’s more quite now but it has changed for sure.

Reactions: cwanja
Very interesting! Can you also confirm these tweeters now work on 2021.40.6 (with Immersive Sound on)? They definitely don’t work in 2021.36.8.6. Circled in red…
Quoting myself for this. They DO work in 2021.36.8.6 (just confirmed in my car). So these were activated a while ago but they did not work when I picked up the car initially in August.

So I guess this is another one of those changes that didn’t happen in 2021.40.6. Not saying there aren’t any other positive audio changes in 40.6, but those A-pillar speakers being enabled isn’t one of them.

Reactions: jebinc
I'm just gonna put this message here - not sure which thread to put in it.
How long did your auto shift take to calibrate (like how many miles)? I have 85 miles on my car and the auto shift went to 99% cameras calibrated but then back to 98% and has been for a day. Is this normal or..?

I'm just gonna put this message here - not sure which thread to put in it.
How long did your auto shift take to calibrate (like how many miles)? I have 85 miles on my car and the auto shift went to 99% cameras calibrated but then back to 98% and has been for a day. Is this normal or..?
Normal. Just keep driving.
Not entirely normal. Depending on road conditions, it should not take more than 20 - 30 miles. But you need straight, well marked roads to calibrate. If it gets stuck, there is a reset calibration in the service menu of settings. Otherwise, others have reported backing to take it to service for them to correct.

Personally, it took less than 15 miles. But I was on well marked city streets and then highways.

An audio guy here, and i can confirm that in my car even with 40.6 and full immersive sound on these speakers don't output anything when playing music.
Ok so something is really fishy here. These speakers are definitely outputting sound for me on 2021.36.8.6. You’re sure the round speakers on the A pillars are not outputting sound for you with Immersive Sound turned on?! You might want to schedule service if not.

Not entirely normal. Depending on road conditions, it should not take more than 20 - 30 miles. But you need straight, well marked roads to calibrate. If it gets stuck, there is a reset calibration in the service menu of settings. Otherwise, others have reported backing to take it to service for them to correct.

Personally, it took less than 15 miles. But I was on well marked city streets and then highways.
I think a lot of people just got impatient. It does eventually get there. I have really well-marked roads in Seattle (road quality is terrible but that’s another story) and it took a long time to enable.

Ok so something is really fishy here. These speakers are definitely outputting sound for me on 2021.36.8.6. You’re sure the round speakers on the A pillars are not outputting sound for you with Immersive Sound turned on?! You might want to schedule service if not.
I have a LR, delivered last Saturday. SW is 2021.35.103. Those speakers are outputting sound.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Is there any sort of tilt/intrusion detection done by Sentry mode? A robber was looking through cars and broke the glass of an adjacently parked SUV + used my Plaid's side to enter into a broken window of the bigger SUV. I was only aware when I went through the Sentry mode footage a few days later. I understand you can open up the cameras in real time on the app but no notifications or car alarms when someone's trying to break in?

When and what does trigger the car alarm?