Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time on this forum....please advise if there has been any discussion of "car wash mode" on the '21 MSLR. It does not appear to be available. My service advisor said it is a "glitch" and should re-appear sometime on future updates. Without this feature do we have to sit in the car thru the wash or is there another way to avoid this? My car wash will not let us sit in the car for liability reasons. I am on version 2021.44.6 Thanks.

I have 44.6 and ANR turned itself on by default and I was noticing a new annoying hum at around 70 mph and turned off ANR and it went away... :(
Downloaded & installed 2021.44.6 on my Plaid 2 days ago and still don't have ANC. Still not understanding how this feature "turns itself on" and appears suddenly out of nowhere without another s/w update? If it's truly in 44.6, then why not make it active immediately with the 44.6 update? 🤔
☹️

Reactions: Jabbahop
Downloaded & installed 2021.44.6 on my Plaid 2 days ago and still don't have ANC. Still not understanding how this feature "turns itself on" and appears suddenly out of nowhere without another s/w update? If it's truly in 44.6, then why not make it active immediately with the 44.6 update? 🤔
☹️
As it has been mentioned in several other threads, it is likely staggered "activation" by Tesla. Which is about as random as assigning VINs to accounts. It is no longer behind the EAP wall, so I would suspect more will continue to get it in the coming days.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
As it has been mentioned in several other threads, it is likely staggered "activation" by Tesla. Which is about as random as assigning VINs to accounts. It is no longer behind the EAP wall, so I would suspect more will continue to get it in the coming days.
Okay, but it all gets stranger and stranger...2 days after I received the 2021.44.6 s/w update, I received another notification in my Tesla app telling me there's another s/w update. So, I immediately thought...okay, this is the secondary one that people have been talking about that will give my MS Plaid ANC. So I downloaded and installed it, only to find out it still shows 2021.44.6 s/w version but now the release notes just say "minor fixes." Again, I'm thinking okay, I've now got ANC and I go into my sound options to see NOTHING new...no ANC! WTF? 🤔

:rolleyes::(

Does anyone have a HomeLink garage with auto-open/-close where the auto-open happens when you auto-shift into drive?

If I recall in my old car, if you had auto-open the car would trigger HomeLink when you shifted into drive. That’s no longer the case with the refresh. Auto-close works. And auto-open works when backing in, I shift from R to D to R and it triggers properly at drive. But from inside the garage, using auto-shift, the HoneLink does not trigger

Dash Cam question: On the '21 MS, how do you manually save dash cam videos? The YT videos I've seen there's a dash cam icon in the top right of the screen. I don't see that. I currently have sw version 2021.44.6. I guess I could set up to save when I use the horn, but I would rather do it quietly.

Okay, but it all gets stranger and stranger...2 days after I received the 2021.44.6 s/w update, I received another notification in my Tesla app telling me there's another s/w update. So, I immediately thought...okay, this is the secondary one that people have been talking about that will give my MS Plaid ANC. So I downloaded and installed it, only to find out it still shows 2021.44.6 s/w version but now the release notes just say "minor fixes." Again, I'm thinking okay, I've now got ANC and I go into my sound options to see NOTHING new...no ANC! WTF? 🤔

:rolleyes::(
Same thing happened to me!

• Informative
☹️
Same here. I have the latest software version on my 2 week old MSLR but do not have the noise cancellation feature. Not sure why.

Attachments

• F9F5A0FA-5A77-4637-ABCC-15CAB2683626.jpeg
    F9F5A0FA-5A77-4637-ABCC-15CAB2683626.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative