Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we already have half of those things. The rest will come eventually.
We need blind spot. So far, as a new Tesla owner, really disappointed how slow Tesla has been to make the refresh Model S better. Any other high end car company, the most expensive cars get the improvements, not the lower ones. The UI on the Model S is worse than the 90d model I have as a loaner. That should be embarrassing to Tesla.

Also - as owning the car for three weeks now, 10 days have been with Tesla service and counting. None of these are what I expect from a $95k plus car

Tesla has had 6 months to improve the UI and other features. Inexcusable that they have not. Only focus I ever see is on FSD beta, which I could care less about as this car is no where near self driving. Improve the little things to make the Tesla experience better, especially for new Tesla owners.

Have been tweeting Elon, but so far does no good. I wish all Model S owners would tweet him and expect more from their top car.

Reactions: cheems and Jabbahop
Dash Cam question: On the '21 MS, how do you manually save dash cam videos? The YT videos I've seen there's a dash cam icon in the top right of the screen. I don't see that. I currently have sw version 2021.44.6. I guess I could set up to save when I use the horn, but I would rather do it quietly.
You probably have to swipe over the controls and capture it. Or use the ”capture on honk” functionality. But then you are honking. Hopefully a proper “menu” bar comes back.

You probably have to swipe over the controls and capture it. Or use the ”capture on honk” functionality. But then you are honking. Hopefully a proper “menu” bar comes back.
I haven’t written up a “review” since I took delivery as I’ve been swamped and tired, but I didn’t even have a dash cam viewer icon. Several talks with service techs, ranging from reformatting usb 3x followed by a reboot to trying a new usb stick, nothing worked. Now I can see the icon but it doesn’t save videos and Tesla couldn’t pull up the usb from their system.

I’m scheduled next week to have a new glove box installed. Apparently it has a cpu in it that is deemed to be the cause of the problem.

Overall, very impressed with Tesla and their response to this. First vehicle I’ve owned I didn’t feel buyers remorse. I feel very confident in this company.

Multi Planetary Species incoming. 😀

I haven’t written up a “review” since I took delivery as I’ve been swamped and tired, but I didn’t even have a dash cam viewer icon. Several talks with service techs, ranging from reformatting usb 3x followed by a reboot to trying a new usb stick, nothing worked. Now I can see the icon but it doesn’t save videos and Tesla couldn’t pull up the usb from their system.

I’m scheduled next week to have a new glove box installed. Apparently it has a cpu in it that is deemed to be the cause of the problem.

Overall, very impressed with Tesla and their response to this. First vehicle I’ve owned I didn’t feel buyers remorse. I feel very confident in this company.

Multi Planetary Species incoming. 😀
I have no dashcam icon on my new MS and assumed it was related to the new UI.

Are you saying it should, in fact be there?

Reactions: Pdubs
We need blind spot. So far, as a new Tesla owner, really disappointed how slow Tesla has been to make the refresh Model S better. Any other high end car company, the most expensive cars get the improvements, not the lower ones. The UI on the Model S is worse than the 90d model I have as a loaner. That should be embarrassing to Tesla.

Also - as owning the car for three weeks now, 10 days have been with Tesla service and counting. None of these are what I expect from a $95k plus car

Tesla has had 6 months to improve the UI and other features. Inexcusable that they have not. Only focus I ever see is on FSD beta, which I could care less about as this car is no where near self driving. Improve the little things to make the Tesla experience better, especially for new Tesla owners.

Have been tweeting Elon, but so far does no good. I wish all Model S owners would tweet him and expect more from their top car.
This is definitely not the car or car company for you. Both will disappoint you.

I have no dashcam icon on my new MS and assumed it was related to the new UI.

Are you saying it should, in fact be there?
Yes. Use the app and set up a service appointment. They’ll reach out to you.

In the meantime, format the usb 3x and reboot the car. If it’s not a hardware issue, it may fix it.

You won’t see the icon unless it has a properly formatted usb.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and glide
what version is everyone currently on??

im still on 2021.36.5.3

I see so many updates coming through and I’m getting none of them on my car lol. is this normal?

should I expect the holiday updates to come through a couple months later?
Mine just got 2021.44.5 this morning.

This is the second update for my car in it's three weeks of existence.

Is your car connected to WiFi when parked?

Reactions: Pdubs
Mine just got 2021.44.5 this morning.

This is the second update for my car in it's three weeks of existence.

Is your car connected to WiFi when parked?
I’ve had my car since August… it’s only updated twice and it’s last update was back in September.

I live in an apartment building so it’s not connected to wifi unfortunately. Maybe that is it?

I’ve had my car since August… it’s only updated twice and it’s last update was back in September."

I live in an apartment building so it’s not connected to wifi unfortunately. Maybe that is it?
"your vehicle must be connected to Wi-Fi to start an update."

• Helpful
Reactions: NiceOlives
what version is everyone currently on??

im still on 2021.36.5.3

I see so many updates coming through and I’m getting none of them on my car lol. is this normal?

should I expect the holiday updates to come through a couple months later?

I’ve had my car since August… it’s only updated twice and it’s last update was back in September.

Looks like you are on the FSD beta build release, correct? You should still get updates, but it seems that the FSD beta builds have also slowed. Likely in preparation for bringing both release paths closer inline plus the holiday update.

Reactions: jebinc

I live in an apartment too so whenever I get an update notification on my phone I tether the car to my phone's hotspot and install the update that way