Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or left side of the driver cluster for left and right side for right as many ICE cars do. It is WAY better than nothing and I use it 100% of the time but it is not ergonomically placed. I am really hoping at some point that the main driver cluster gets some configuration flexibility as the left side NAV display I never look at or use. I would also love to see some energy apps like the other models have. That small little bar on the bottom is not enough.

I think you missed the part about doing it quietly. lol.
but good to know...
Actually, this works for me. The quietly part I was referring to was blowing the horn. I'm not much of a horn blower. The voice command I used was 'save dashcam' and that worked. I'm using TeslaUSB to save dashcam footage on a local NAS and I'm going to reconfigure it to only transfer the SavedClips and SentryClips. Saving RecentClips is just too much data. My plan is to share it from the Pi Zero, but not back it up.

Actually, this works for me. The quietly part I was referring to was blowing the horn. I'm not much of a horn blower. The voice command I used was 'save dashcam' and that worked. I'm using TeslaUSB to save dashcam footage on a local NAS and I'm going to reconfigure it to only transfer the SavedClips and SentryClips. Saving RecentClips is just too much data. My plan is to share it from the Pi Zero, but not back it up.
Which NAS are you saving to ? I got into that project and have a Synology Diskstation but got distracted and it is sitting on my desk. LF someone who used Synology so I can get it done quick !

Which NAS are you saving to ? I got into that project and have a Synology Diskstation but got distracted and it is sitting on my desk. LF someone who used Synology so I can get it done quick !
My NAS is a homemade concoction of a Celeron NUC from AliBaba running Ubuntu and Samba. The Synology Diskstation should be easy; just share a folder named TeslaCam. Make note of the UNC path, user name/password and enter it into the configuration file of the TeslaUSB device. I think Synology DiskStation Manager has a function named File Station where you would setup the share.

Reactions: Proppilot
So it seems that the following need software fixes at the moment. Any owners feel free to add your input.
  • Dashcam Viewer - fixed in 2021.24 update,
  • XM radio - Added in 2021.32.10
  • Active Noise Cancelation - Renamed to Active Road Noise Reduction - Available in 2021.44.x
  • Clock: Time zone change doesn't always change clock. Inability to manually reset clock - Fixed in 2021.44.25.x
  • Rear Entertainment - No support for Bluetooth headsets
  • Rear Entertainment - Unable to play games
  • Instrument cluster is not customizable
  • Tesla Caraoke missing
  • Energy app missing
  • No screen tilt functionality - Hardware and software related. Cars have tilt mechanism but no motors to move screen.
  • Inability to adjust follow distance via scroll wheel
  • Range mode

My Plaid doesn’t have automatic windows - is it possible that’s a bug? I can’t remember the last time I was in a modern car that didn’t. Certainly all the Teslas I’ve been in have them.

Wait there's a rear entertainment issue too? I didn't even know- kids watched netflix yesterday. What is the issue with the rear?

XM radio I am not sure will be included- there were some Model S's after the last refresh that took out the satellite radio antenna, not sure if they never put it back after MCU2. Currently I'm using the sirius XM app through the phone's bluetooth which honestly is cheaper and has many more channels than siriusXM hardware ever did

Peter

My Plaid doesn’t have automatic windows - is it possible that’s a bug? I can’t remember the last time I was in a modern car that didn’t. Certainly all the Teslas I’ve been in have them.
You can also enable Close Windows on Lock by touching Controls > Locks > Close Windows on Lock. When enabled, your vehicle automatically closes the windows when Model S locks.

• Informative
Reactions: bllydia
Searched for this issue with no luck. Please post the link to a discussion if it already exists.

It seems crazy that you can’t answer a phone call or hang up with the yoke. You have no control of the timing for incoming calls. Briefly looking at the screen to answer calls can be unsafe. It would be simple to either use the microphone button or the left scroll wheel button to answer and hang up. It currently mutes a call in progress which can be done onscreen as well.

Reactions: robert774 and DBV1
It seems crazy that you can’t answer a phone call or hang up with the yoke. You have no control of the timing for incoming calls. Briefly looking at the screen to answer calls can be unsafe. It would be simple to either use the microphone button or the left scroll wheel button to answer and hang up. It currently mutes a call in progress which can be done onscreen as well.
The manual pretty confirms you have to use the screen to answer:

1641619061066.png

But you can use the right scroll wheel to select options on the screen while in a call:

1641619093878.png

View attachment 753337

But you can use the right scroll wheel to select options on the screen while in a call:

View attachment 753338
Promising… Haven’t tried this yet to see the options, assuming answer, ignore & end are options. Still would be safer if answer & end could be accomplished with a single press and no visual component requiring eye/hand coordination as in our 2018 M3 & 2018 MS 100D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc

View attachment 753337

View attachment 753338
Just tested the right scroll wheel.
As suspected…Nothing.
For a number of reasons
Even if you could select an option like “answer” or “end call” through a list as you do with the left scroll wheel during windshield wiping operations, how would you actually make your selection? Pressing the button would engage traffic aware cruise control.
Or would that functionality be disabled during a phone call?
Also if you were in cruise control or FSD and you roll the wheel, would that no longer affect your TACC speed? So there is no way that the right scroll wheel could have this dual functionality. It can only be accomplished with the left scroll wheel where non-critical operations can be temporarily suspended like they do with wiper control.

Last edited:
Does ANYONE know what the deal is with our Tesla Navi/Map Traffic Info (or lack thereof) in the Tesla MS Plaid/LR? 🤔 We're supposed to have traffic info with some sort of notifications, red lines on the map streets/highways, or some indication of slowed, stopped traffic, accidents, etc. and rerouting BUT I haven't been seeing anything like this or understand how to see this information on my Tesla MS Plaid since I took delivery in late Oct, 2021. It's all very frustrating when I suddenly get stopped in bad traffic with zero warnings from my car (the most technologically advanced vehicle on the planet)! 🤨 :mad: What's the deal? Where are the red lines, traffic jam info, accident info, and rerouting based on bad traffic on our cars? I currently have s/w 2021.44.25.6 w/ 10.8 FSD Beta. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdubs and jebinc
Does ANYONE know what the deal is with our Tesla Navi/Map Traffic Info (or lack thereof) in the Tesla MS Plaid/LR? 🤔 We're supposed to have traffic info with some sort of notifications, red lines on the map streets/highways, or some indication of slowed, stopped traffic, accidents, etc. and rerouting BUT I haven't been seeing anything like this or understand how to see this information on my Tesla MS Plaid since I took delivery in late Oct, 2021. It's all very frustrating when I suddenly get stopped in bad traffic with zero warnings from my car (the most technologically advanced vehicle on the planet)! 🤨 :mad: What's the deal? Where are the red lines, traffic jam info, accident info, and rerouting based on bad traffic on our cars? I currently have s/w 2021.44.25.6 w/ 10.8 FSD Beta. Thank you!
Yeah man. When I first got mine, there was an option somewhere to turn that off and on I stumbled on. I’ll go look and reply if somebody hasn’t yet

Reactions: sflgator