Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does ANYONE know what the deal is with our Tesla Navi/Map Traffic Info (or lack thereof) in the Tesla MS Plaid/LR? 🤔 We're supposed to have traffic info with some sort of notifications, red lines on the map streets/highways, or some indication of slowed, stopped traffic, accidents, etc. and rerouting BUT I haven't been seeing anything like this or understand how to see this information on my Tesla MS Plaid since I took delivery in late Oct, 2021. It's all very frustrating when I suddenly get stopped in bad traffic with zero warnings from my car (the most technologically advanced vehicle on the planet)! 🤨 :mad: What's the deal? Where are the red lines, traffic jam info, accident info, and rerouting based on bad traffic on our cars? I currently have s/w 2021.44.25.6 w/ 10.8 FSD Beta. Thank you!
61D9B9A8-2A89-4AE0-944D-D1F87E2AB27C.jpeg

The middle stoplight looking icon toggles the traffic info for me. If you’re at the house, drag the stupid oversized home link button off the screen and you’ll see it.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator and cwanja
Does ANYONE know what the deal is with our Tesla Navi/Map Traffic Info (or lack thereof) in the Tesla MS Plaid/LR? 🤔 We're supposed to have traffic info with some sort of notifications, red lines on the map streets/highways, or some indication of slowed, stopped traffic, accidents, etc. and rerouting BUT I haven't been seeing anything like this or understand how to see this information on my Tesla MS Plaid since I took delivery in late Oct, 2021. It's all very frustrating when I suddenly get stopped in bad traffic with zero warnings from my car (the most technologically advanced vehicle on the planet)! 🤨 :mad: What's the deal? Where are the red lines, traffic jam info, accident info, and rerouting based on bad traffic on our cars? I currently have s/w 2021.44.25.6 w/ 10.8 FSD Beta. Thank you!
You might need to add the layover back to your display. Icons should appear in the upper right hand corner when you touch the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator and Pdubs
You might need to add the layover back to your display. Icons should appear in the upper right hand corner when you touch the screen.
Yeah. They appear on my screen but on the bottom. Am I missing something?

I’m also on 2021.44.25.6

Reactions: sflgator
View attachment 753484
The middle stoplight looking icon toggles the traffic info for me. If you’re at the house, drag the stupid oversized home link button off the screen and you’ll see it.
And @cwanja Wow. Just pushed that little traffic light icon and voila...some orange & red lines popped up on my Navi Map. Thank you so much! 🙏
đź‘Ť Does the Navi system give any audible warnings & ask you about rerouting when there's a lot of traffic on your route? Thanks.

Reactions: cwanja and Pdubs
And @cwanja Wow. Just pushed that little traffic light icon and voila...some orange & red lines popped up on my Navi Map. Thank you so much! 🙏
đź‘Ť Does the Navi system give any audible warnings & ask you about rerouting when there's a lot of traffic on your route? Thanks.
I haven’t paid that close attention to it, but I’m under the impression it just does it. I’ve ignored the routing on it more than once and it corrects seemingly instantly to the new route, as opposed to trying to route you back to original for ever.

There’s an option under settings/navigation that allows you to reroute automatically if it saves a specified amount of time. Mines set to 10 minutes. Maybe that’s why I never hear a choice or warning lol.

Reactions: cwanja and sflgator
Just a question. In my Y the AC on the passenger side remains off when there’s nobody in the passenger seat. Is this the same behavior in the model S or am I having a weird malfunction.

Also I can’t seem to set the seat with a car seat in to car seat mode. Any ideas? Almost doesn’t sense that there’s weight in there.

Latest developments on screen tilting:

Gear cutter is still working on creating a new worm drive interface. No ETA.

The part number for the tilt mechanism has been changed in the EPC, from 1607360-00-E to 1607360-99-E. I was just in a service center and placed an order for the new pn. They confirmed the 00 part is now inactive and being replaced by the 99's, though nobody knows what to expect exactly considering the part drawings have so far been inaccurate. We'll see when the part comes in about a week.

Just a question. In my Y the AC on the passenger side remains off when there’s nobody in the passenger seat. Is this the same behavior in the model S or am I having a weird malfunction.

Also I can’t seem to set the seat with a car seat in to car seat mode. Any ideas? Almost doesn’t sense that there’s weight in there.
I do think it was, people were complaining about that in-fact. I am not sure if a recent update reversed that trend though.

Hmm, @omarsultan did confirm to me many months back that you could change a seat to a car seat. Although, over Christmas when I had my new born similarly were not notified of the back seat being unbuckled. Maybe they increased the weight needed to trigger OR put a sensor in the latch flap that if open, do not alert if no seat belt. Not sure. Can further test as well with my newborn. She will love being put in and out of. car seat haha.

Reactions: Pdubs and Greeney
I do think it was, people were complaining about that in-fact. I am not sure if a recent update reversed that trend though.

Hmm, @omarsultan did confirm to me many months back that you could change a seat to a car seat. Although, over Christmas when I had my new born similarly were not notified of the back seat being unbuckled. Maybe they increased the weight needed to trigger OR put a sensor in the latch flap that if open, do not alert if no seat belt. Not sure. Can further test as well with my newborn. She will love being put in and out of. car seat haha.
Yup, once the rear seat sensor triggers, tap it flip it to car sear mode--I don't remember if the rear belt was buckled or not when I did this (used a dumbbell to trigger the sensor).
IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

Latest developments on screen tilting:

Gear cutter is still working on creating a new worm drive interface. No ETA.

The part number for the tilt mechanism has been changed in the EPC, from 1607360-00-E to 1607360-99-E. I was just in a service center and placed an order for the new pn. They confirmed the 00 part is now inactive and being replaced by the 99's, though nobody knows what to expect exactly considering the part drawings have so far been inaccurate. We'll see when the part comes in about a week.

Just chiming in that I would also DEFINITELY be interested in buying a kit when you get this working.

Reactions: Casey_S
Just chiming in that I would also DEFINITELY be interested in buying a kit when you get this working.
Come hell or high water I WILL make screen tilting happen. I know a lot of people don't care but the car was clearly ergonomically designed with screen tilting in mind and suffers from it's absence. It boggles my mind that the company that made falcon wing doors was stumped by a tilting screen.

I think the new part will tell the tale. Either it's the new mechanism design currently shown in the Model S EPC and Tesla will be implementing tilting after all, or it's a static mechanism and Tesla gave up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same mechanism with the worm gears removed, but we'll see in a few days.

I've been getting a random "frunk open" indication on my MSP for quite some time. It seems to come and go and sometimes I just need to open it and then close and the fault goes away for a while. I have an appointment on Monday to get it fixed and I'll post up what they find. I think it's just some sort of minor sensor adjustment.

In the car or in the app? If the latter, sounds like service needs to re-establish the heart beat between the app and car. Something that should take mobile service.
Both it is mainly in the app but sometimes it is in the car. The scary stupid part - it asks me if I would like to ignore it and continue driving. I check every time just to make sure something didnt come loose but...not cool.

the company that made falcon wing doors was stumped by a tilting screen.

was clearly ergonomically designed with screen tilting in mind and suffers from it's absence
Or they just decided it wasn't needed or not worth the weight and cost? The model 3 doesn't tilt and it is more important for the driver than the model s and it is fine.

Reactions: Waldokind
Reactions: Pdubs
Or they just decided it wasn't needed or not worth the weight and cost? The model 3 doesn't tilt and it is more important for the driver than the model s and it is fine.
That's definitely not the case. Motors are still shown in the EPC, cars are shipping with the mechanism, engineers at the launch event were under the impression it was just a software issue, and I have it on good authority the reason the motors were pulled at the last second was because of reliability issues.