Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, they focus too much on cost reduction on the S and X. Kind of disappointing. At least they don't seem to do too much cost reduction when it comes to motors and performance, although they are re-used from the 3/Y.

I guess there's a reason why the Plaid is $130k instead of $200k like the Taycan.
Taycan starts at $82K last I checked…before a $7500 rebate.

The GTS model starts at $130K if we want to compare directly against a Plaid. Again, before rebate.

Reactions: Great White
No, I just don’t have unrealistic expectations. I know what I bought. The best battery tech available.

You seem to think you bought the best audiophile sound system on wheels.

One of us is right.
It seems that in the realm of audio, there are many self proclaimed experts with strong opinions.
I wouldn't put much credence in their pronouncements.
It really is very subjective.
I have a friend who is actually a professional who designs audio for laptops, cars, etc. (contracts with Dell, HP, etc.). It's a very interesting and complex field.

The GTS model starts at $130K if we want to compare directly against a Plaid. Again, before rebate.
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. 3,7 s 0-62 with launch control, just like the Plaid...lol. That's a better comparison to a Dual Motor Model 3 at less than half the price. Why do you invent this propaganda over and over again?

No, I just don’t have unrealistic expectations. I know what I bought. The best battery tech available.

You seem to think you bought the best audiophile sound system on wheels.

One of us is right.
Well, pretty sure there is no black or white here, Tesla is quite a mixed bag, so there's an element of truth IMHO to both of our outlooks.

Sure. But that’s why they are called “options”. Nice to have them available if you want to pay for them.
Yeah, but it starts at $187,400 now, and it's still quite a bit slower than the Plaid.

I did go into it with an open mind and drove the Taycan before buying the Plaid.

Reactions: Great White
WHY, Why is it that I have to change the temp to get the split button? Also Why is the split button not visible on the larger climate control screen- only on the tiny screen. This is driving me nuts.
Also- why do I have 3 screens for audio? There is the large screen, then the smaller vertical screen with most played, then the reduced smaller screen down to a box. I just need one window for all audio.

WHY, Why is it that I have to change the temp to get the split button? Also Why is the split button not visible on the larger climate control screen- only on the tiny screen. This is driving me nuts.
Also- why do I have 3 screens for audio? There is the large screen, then the smaller vertical screen with most played, then the reduced smaller screen down to a box. I just need one window for all audio.
HVAC controls assumes you normally want sync. If you have a passenger that wants to break from the sync they would obviously want to change the temp, so it offers that option when you actually change the temp.

That's the point on the audio, you can have full details, partial details, or minimal details depending on how much map you want to show. It's up to you.

HVAC controls assumes you normally want sync. If you have a passenger that wants to break from the sync they would obviously want to change the temp, so it offers that option when you actually change the temp.

That's the point on the audio, you can have full details, partial details, or minimal details depending on how much map you want to show. It's up to you.
HVAC is wrong- I typically want to enable Sync to what I already have it set to after my wife has screwed with it. I then have to change my temp, hit synch and then change my temp back. The button should be on the main controls, plenty of room there.
As for the audio- I agree but the large screen really offers no additional value over the smaller vertical screen.

Reactions: aerodyne
HVAC is wrong- I typically want to enable Sync to what I already have it set to after my wife has screwed with it. I then have to change my temp, hit synch and then change my temp back. The button should be on the main controls, plenty of room there.
As for the audio- I agree but the large screen really offers no additional value over the smaller vertical screen.
The large detailed music screen comes into play more if you use USB music. For streaming it’s not much different than the vertical screen.

Overall I think the UI is excellent. Certainly a LOT more refinement to come. But it’s all moving in good directions.

I hope they return to some customization on the instrument cluster. Not the end of the world if they don’t.

Reactions: mspohr
The large detailed music screen comes into play more if you use USB music. For streaming it’s not much different than the vertical screen.

Overall I think the UI is excellent. Certainly a LOT more refinement to come. But it’s all moving in good directions.

I hope they return to some customization on the instrument cluster. Not the end of the world if they don’t.
Agree- I see the cluster in older models and like it more. I hope we get that as an improvement. I have never used USB- only bluetooth and streaming. good to know- thx.

Just to make sure I understand. Lets say you like the temp at 70, your wife sets hers to 75 when she's in the car. After she exits you want to avoid having to bump to 69 or 71 before hitting split button and then tapping back to 70? You want the split button permanently displayed so you can tap once instead of 3 taps. If you could drag the split button to the shortcut bar, that would satisfy you?

How about if there's no passenger it auto switches to sync? Would you like that?

Reactions: cwanja
Just to make sure I understand. Lets say you like the temp at 70, your wife sets hers to 75 when she's in the car. After she exits you want to avoid having to bump to 69 or 71 before hitting split button and then tapping back to 70? You want the split button permanently displayed so you can tap once instead of 3 taps. If you could drag the split button to the shortcut bar, that would satisfy you?

How about if there's no passenger it auto switches to sync? Would you like that?
You nailed it- and yes I would drag synch to the bottom or if it senses no passenger remove synch and then re-add it auto when it senses a passenger. In other cars I have owned (Lexus, Audi, Lincoln, Ford) there is a quick synch and auto remove synch when passenger adjusts temp on the other side. I would even be OK with it being on the main climate screen where you adjust the vents at least that way I can drag up from bottom and hit it rather than have to adjust temp (I have to look to adjust temp) and then hit another button. I can drag up without looking and memorize where the button is.

You nailed it- and yes I would drag synch to the bottom or if it senses no passenger remove synch and then re-add it auto when it senses a passenger. In other cars I have owned (Lexus, Audi, Lincoln, Ford) there is a quick synch and auto remove synch when passenger adjusts temp on the other side. I would even be OK with it being on the main climate screen where you adjust the vents at least that way I can drag up from bottom and hit it rather than have to adjust temp (I have to look to adjust temp) and then hit another button. I can drag up without looking and memorize where the button is.
I guess we can argue about the fine points of user interface but I wouldn't put this in the category of "missing/incomplete" software.

Reactions: aerodyne and cwanja
You can use voice commands to split or unsplit or in the older, sync or unsync.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and mspohr