Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, they changed the scroll wheels recently. On my 2018 model 3 they have a rubber external wheel that makes it much easier to push them left and right. They've eliminated that external rubber ring on the latest model S and model 3, which makes it harder to push left and right. I hope it wasn't for cost savings. I'm hoping it was a bad material choice that eventually wears out and looks bad maybe? Annoying.
Agreed. the short throw on the scroll wheels to advance song or turn on autopilot is too tight. It doesn't 'flow' and is harder to discern easily that you've moved it. Scroll wheels and blinker buttons are unsatisfying, compared to the nice feeling from my 2018 MX.

The Buttons (door close, blinkers, horn) all don't depress or activate on first try. It's very annoying, especially if you're hitting the door close button, ready to dodge the door as it closes. Or if you want the door to open up and get out quickly. Or just wanting to simply turn on the blinker quick easy, lickety-split. Hopefully they can adjust these in software.

Yes, the audio system in my new 2022 MX sucks compared to my 2018 MX!!! This is very disappointing because Tesla made a big deal about the audio system improvements. I am driving a 2017 MX 75D and it has a much better sounding system than my new 2022 MX that is in for service. My wife and I immediately noticed how much better it sounds.
I've realized that my subwoofer is definitely not attached, which would explain how I feel, as you do. Service appt coming up and hopefully the sub plus another speaker or two are like, dis-attached. It's happened to others.

No difference to me yet. I'm assuming they're still 'in process'.
I did notice a difference the other day with ANC and it was positive. The lower road tones were cancelled out, while on the freeway. I toggled the button on/off and the difference was slight but definitely noticeable. Tried the same thing last night and couldn't tell the difference. It may have been the road surface I was on being way smoother. But I'm sure it is working-- at least much of the time.

Last edited:
Any idea how to reset/refresh the rear screen (or reboot the whole entertainment system)?
The rear screen now has a distorted display ratio and the touch screen doesn't correspond to the menu items so can't select some options. Tried to login to YouTube and Netflix and screen is non responsive. Noticed this on YouTube and Netflix. (The home screen and climate controls are fine.)
(Old system could press scroll wheels to reboot system but this doesn't seem to work on the new system.)

Any idea how to reset/refresh the rear screen (or reboot the whole entertainment system)?
The rear screen now has a distorted display ratio and the touch screen doesn't correspond to the menu items so can't select some options. Tried to login to YouTube and Netflix and screen is non responsive. Noticed this on YouTube and Netflix. (The home screen and climate controls are fine.)
(Old system could press scroll wheels to reboot system but this doesn't seem to work on the new system.)

Here is the solution someone else posted:

Good news is that it can be fixed though. Just need to mirror a video from the front screen to the rear.

I used YouTube, started a video up front, left it playing, went to the rear, clicked on the YouTube link on the bottom, came up correctly.

I have had my 2021 LR for almost 10 months and found something else missing. I had a Ranger at the house to fix the charge port door. He pointed out that there is no wire going to the hatch lights on the left and right inner wheel wells. I did not even know they existed. The one on the inside of the hatch door works. If I feel motivated and bored, I will run wires down to either side from the one in the hatch door.

I have had my 2021 LR for almost 10 months and found something else missing. I had a Ranger at the house to fix the charge port door. He pointed out that there is no wire going to the hatch lights on the left and right inner wheel wells. I did not even know they existed. The one on the inside of the hatch door works. If I feel motivated and bored, I will run wires down to either side from the one in the hatch door.

Are you referring to the lights in the trunk? I'll check mine. Hadn't noticed.

Sounds like something that the service center should fix.
I agree but I actually rooted around in the inner wheel wells with the tech (trim removed) and could not find the wires. Honestly, I would rather do it myself as every time the car goes into the SC there is a chance of 'hangar rash'. The tech was honest and said 'normally I would not even say anything' but he did. I know the early (last year) Palladiums were missing a few bits here and there.