Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a strange thing. My daughter put her iPhone on my Model S charging pad and the car said no key in car. Her phone is set up for her Model Y. My phone (Pixel) was also on the console .

Removed her phone and it reconnected.
Bluetooth interference is all I can think of. Try putting them close together off the pad to confirm

Reactions: mspohr
Why has TACC Following Distance function not been added to the right scroll wheel? Any theories?
It’s suspected that the haptic icon was originally planned to activate autopilot and that the scroll wheel would do all the things we expect it to. It’s believed that the haptic button was deemed too easy to accidentally activate autopilot so the scroll wheel was given that task instead. That being said, I don’t understand why left right on the scroll wheel can’t still be used to change following distance.

Some would say it’s because Elon is a compulsive lazy liar….. lol.

They do monitor the interior camera in the FSD beta. They nag you if you look away from the road. And they still nag you if you don't apply pressure to the yoke. I do find that resting my hands on the yoke is enough to keep the nag away.
so what does that say about Tesla's confidence in FSD, if one added feature is to enable a camera to see if you are actively driving.

Waiting, for my Beta, but think FSD really means Fully Self Delusional.

so what does that say about Tesla's confidence in FSD, if one added feature is to enable a camera to see if you are actively driving.

Waiting, for my Beta, but think FSD really means Fully Self Delusional.
Yeah, it's annoying and it seems like it just got worse in the recent update. It nags you in less than a few seconds if you even pick up your phone while using regular AP on the highway. So, it makes regular AP more annoying. I'm ready to downgrade just for that reason. But, I guess you have to appease the regulators.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Anyone else have a horrible time with Text messaging integration? It cannot understand group txts, I get phantom texts and it only works about 80% of the time?
Yup! All the time. It's complete trash. It reads old texts from >1 yr ago to me, rather than the actual text that just came in. I'm using Android, pixel 6 with the latest software.

Reactions: epicshooter