Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! We have the same RN and config and edd...

Did it just appear in your account or did you get an email or text first
So:
I got an email from Tesla saying 'Your Model S Final Payment is ready.
I checked the Tesla app but no VIN and had the Oct 30- Nov 8 timeline.
Went to the Tesla site and on the page for the S I had a VIN and the finalize payment stuff.
It took several hours for my EDD to update to a 4 day window.
The app seemed to only show a VIN this morning.

Hoping you get a VIN soon, I really thought we'd be in the same batch!

Got my VIN last night! Finally! (Ordered Jan 10th.) 19"/LR/White/White

EDD is October 21-October 31, so I finally added in my loan approval last night from Navy Federal (1.79%) and now I just have to hope that they get it here before the car. But whatever, they made *me* wait so they can wait a few days.

What if they don't print the RN on the Memo line of their disbursement check? How do I even get them to do that? All it asked me on the loan app for was what was the dealership name.

Also -- my loan from Navy Federal is only for the part of the payment I'm financing -- on the delivery day do I give them that check and ACH them the rest?
I use NFCU also. You will probably get an envelope in the mail within 2-3 days from NFCU with the loan check that only the dealer can cash, and the related loan documentation. You can pay the balance the day before or same day with a cashier’s check or by using the payments system that Tesla uses (and many many others use) called Plaid. Some distrust it but this mistrust is misplaced. Plaid is a payments company endorsed by most banks that provides a secure ACH payment platform that removes Tesla from any direct information of your banking details.

Good luck!

I use NFCU also. You will probably get an envelope in the mail within 2-3 days from NFCU with the loan check that only the dealer can cash, and the related loan documentation. You can pay the balance the day before or same day with a cashier’s check or by using the payments system that Tesla uses (and many many others use) called Plaid. Some distrust it but this mistrust is misplaced. Plaid is a payments company endorsed by most banks that provides a secure ACH payment platform that removes Tesla from any direct information of your banking details.

Good luck!
Perfect! My delivery window options just came and they're for October 26-October 29. I think I'll pick the 28th just to be on the safe side. I've used Plaid before and have no problems with them.

So:
I got an email from Tesla saying 'Your Model S Final Payment is ready.
I checked the Tesla app but no VIN and had the Oct 30- Nov 8 timeline.
Went to the Tesla site and on the page for the S I had a VIN and the finalize payment stuff.
It took several hours for my EDD to update to a 4 day window.
The app seemed to only show a VIN this morning.

Hoping you get a VIN soon, I really thought we'd be in the same batch!

I think we are close buddy! I haven't refreshed this often since the good ole days! Let us all know how it goes.

Oh, I just noticed that it specifically shows the financing number and the balance due is just the rest of it. DUH.

It's missing the $2000 credit still, which they said they would fix before delivery. Does anyone have the email to contact about that? Also, my registration name is wrong and I can't figure out where to fix. Ugh!
My SA at delivery SC addresses those things for me. Said the $2k would be adjusted with the final paperwork.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered in November 2020, Plaid, Blue/White/wood, my EDD is now January 2022.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I was furious waiting
For my LR. Ordered 12/15/20. Delivered EOQ
June. I think I would have cancelled. Your patience Is admirable but Tesla really sucks when it Comes to deliveries. Too many lies
And bs.

Oh, I just noticed that it specifically shows the financing number and the balance due is just the rest of it. DUH.

It's missing the $2000 credit still, which they said they would fix before delivery. Does anyone have the email to contact about that? Also, my registration name is wrong and I can't figure out where to fix. Ugh!
Call a sa
That is absolutely ridiculous. I was furious waiting
For my LR. Ordered 12/15/20. Delivered EOQ
June. I think I would have cancelled. Your patience Is admirable but Tesla really sucks when it Comes to deliveries. Too many lies
And bs.
I don’t believe he didn’t make a change.

Attachments

• C8EEA705-AA8C-4770-8342-456D14254CC8.jpeg
    C8EEA705-AA8C-4770-8342-456D14254CC8.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 75
First day of my window and no movement so I caved and called my SA and 2 other SC's and they told me my car has a VIN match date of Nov 22nd. They expect Ill have it by the last week of Nov.
It is funny though my SA said ignore the account EDD But the SC said right after telling me that my date was 11/22 that the account EDD is the most accurate based on what the factory is currently doing....they are all over the place. A lesson that I should have learned almost 10 months in waiting

Its looks like they're finishing up with the Whites ext. and moving to the MSM.
Good luck to you all

First day of my window and no movement so I caved and called my SA and 2 other SC's and they told me my car has a VIN match date of Nov 22nd. They expect Ill have it by the last week of Nov.
It is funny though my SA said ignore the account EDD But the SC said right after telling me that my date was 11/22 that the account EDD is the most accurate based on what the factory is currently doing....they are all over the place. A lesson that I should have learned almost 10 months in waiting

Its looks like they're finishing up with the Whites ext. and moving to the MSM.
Good luck to you all
My window starts tomorrow and I called the main tesla line (I've never gotten a call from a SA), they told me what I have on my account is all the information they have. So I'm not sure what to believe.

Mine is tomorrow and I called the main tesla line (I've never gotten a call from a SA), they told me what I have on my account is all the information they have. So I'm not sure what to believe.
FWIW, I went to the local Tesla (store?) and the person said (and I quote) "I can check what's called a Soft Match in my side", which is more representative of what is expected at the manufacturing plant. My EDD is currently Dec 11 - Dec 31 and she indicated that all it says is December and that I should expect it to be "around or before that time". So, basically, I got that they really don't know jack.

Also, the person was extremely clear on 3 points but I have no idea if they were accurate.
1. The VIN is assigned when the car is built. It takes about 2 weeks after that for that car to be delivered to a location.
2. Once the car arrives, they expect you to be available for delivery within 3-7 days. They apparently inspect and prep the car for the first 2-3 days.
3. If you can't accept delivery within that timeline, you are put at the TOP of the list for the next VIN of that config.

Again, I have no idea if these are accurate statements. Plus, it royally sucks that the estimate is technically the entire month of December and so they have pretty much ruined my plans for any holiday getaway unless I'm willing to come back at moments notice.

FWIW, I went to the local Tesla (store?) and the person said (and I quote) "I can check what's called a Soft Match in my side", which is more representative of what is expected at the manufacturing plant. My EDD is currently Dec 11 - Dec 31 and she indicated that all it says is December and that I should expect it to be "around or before that time". So, basically, I got that they really don't know jack.

Also, the person was extremely clear on 3 points but I have no idea if they were accurate.
1. The VIN is assigned when the car is built. It takes about 2 weeks after that for that car to be delivered to a location.
2. Once the car arrives, they expect you to be available for delivery within 3-7 days. They apparently inspect and prep the car for the first 2-3 days.
3. If you can't accept delivery within that timeline, you are put at the TOP of the list for the next VIN of that config.

Again, I have no idea if these are accurate statements. Plus, it royally sucks that the estimate is technically the entire month of December and so they have pretty much ruined my plans for any holiday getaway unless I'm willing to come back at moments notice.
Ohhh they will work with you. Stay positive. I had a car sitting for delivery almost one month.