Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN11395 here. I've been pushed back so many times it's hard to remember. Most recently, my EDD was for November. Then, it switched to the dreaded "February" and has now updated to December 10-31. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath. Red, white and CF seems to be a combo of doom for this car. For me, a lot of the excitement and anticipation is gone and it's hard to see it coming back. It might just be my personality, but when I decide to make a substantial purchase, I prefer to enjoy it sooner rather than later and soak in that "honeymoon" period. This experience is about as opposite as it gets. For the first time since putting in my Plaid order (on "launch" day), I've found myself considering some of the new competitors. I wonder if I could get one of them before the Plaid would arrive. However, don't mind my whining. Congratulations to those who have gotten the car and are enjoying it--still love the Plaid!

Last edited:
RN11395 here. I've been pushed back so many times it's hard to remember. Most recently, my EDD was for November. Then, it switched to the dreaded "February" and has now updated to December 10-31. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath. Red, white and CF seems to be a combo of doom for this car. For me, a lot of the excitement and anticipation is gone and it's hard to see it coming back. It might just be my personality, but when I decide to make a substantial purchase, I prefer to enjoy it sooner rather than later and soak in that "honeymoon" period. This experience is about as opposite as it gets. For the first time since putting in my Plaid order (on "launch" day), I've found myself considering some of the new competitors. I wonder if I could get one of them before the Plaid would arrive. However, don't mind my whining. Congratulations to those who have gotten the car and are enjoying it--still love the Plaid!
The waiting sucks, especially the uncertainty. However, make no mistake about it there is no alternative in my mind. There’s not a single other brand that compares so unfortunately I’ll be waiting for my Plaid for as long as it takes.

I sold my Model S back in March expecting April delivery of my Plaid. I would consider purchasing a Model Y to hold me over if the wait continues past my current EDD of Nov 11 - Dec 9. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Wow! I didn’t think any other battery day order was still around without a car (except me). You completed all the profile stuff in your account right?

Wow! I didn’t think any other battery day order was still around without a car (except me). You completed all the profile stuff in your account right?
Yep! Everything is good in the profile. However, I didn’t start out with white. I made that change in early summer and that apparently put me at the back of the line. I didn’t know that at the time, but even with hindsight, I would probably have made the same choice because my current raven S is red/black and I really do want it to feel different. Also, more importantly, I strongly prefer the look of the white interior. I’m sure I’ll be happy when I get it, whatever year that may be. :)

Yep! Everything is good in the profile. However, I didn’t start out with white. I made that change in early summer and that apparently put me at the back of the line. I didn’t know that at the time, but even with hindsight, I would probably have made the same choice because my current raven S is red/black and I really do want it to feel different. Also, more importantly, I strongly prefer the look of the white interior. I’m sure I’ll be happy when I get it, whatever year that may be. :)
I changed my config from midnight silver with black to red with white in May and it didn't push me to the back of the line.

Just got the push back again after a bump up this past weekend.

2 weeks ago: Dec 11 - Dec 31
Last week: Nov 25- Dec 23
Today: Dec 14 - Dec 31

Please stop the back and forth…..
I think it's annoying, but to me, it says that they're "trying" to be accurate and updating the info when they get it.
of course, it could just be the monkey jabbing at keys.
it seems to me they INTENDED to produce and ship the car sooner, and then "something" happened - delay in parts, or other cars in the run, or maybe even damage to the car soft matched to you.
these are of course guesses - it would be "easier" for Tesla to just leave the original Dec 11 - 31, so again, to me it shows intent, and then something else happened and then they showed their next best estimate.
At least this is what i tell myself.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered on Battery day, made no changes since. White/White/CF/19"/FSD. Still sitting at Nov 6-Dec 4 (just got pushed back last week from Oct 25-Nov 20)

I think it's annoying, but to me, it says that they're "trying" to be accurate and updating the info when they get it.
it seems to me they INTENDED to produce and ship the car sooner, and then "something" happened - delay in parts, or other cars in the run, or maybe even damage to the car soft matched to you.
these are of course guesses - it would be "easier" for Tesla to just leave the original Dec 11 - 31, so again, to me it shows intent, and then something else happened and then they showed their next best estimate.
Your optimism is truly inspiring :)

The planning team must be having a blast:

Late Sept - "Let's be realistic. We should push everyone's out to Dec/Jan"
Early Oct - "I think it'll be ready in 4 days. Let's put that out there"
Mid Oct - "actually, it'll be 2 months later, not 3 months earlier"
Late Oct - "hold on, I think it's 1 month earlier"
5 days later - "we were right all along. it's Dec"

And me. I was initially expecting delivery in June 2021. The July, Aug, February, blank, October, November, now December.

These other EVs are tempting, like the Etron, EQS, even the i4.

It's hard to still be excited about the Plaid now that it's 6 months old with all the ups, downs, false delivery dates. Also I've never driven one, maybe I can rent one to make sure I like it at this point

Kicked a week….paint issue with the hood ☹️

Where were all these delays/failed inspections at the beginning? It's almost like they sent the same (or worse) cars out to people and so many had so many issues that Tesla finally decided "hey, maybe we should inspect cars thoroughly when they arrive before just handing it off to a customer". What an amazing idea!

Last edited:
I see it exactly the same way. I rather have a changing date that moves forward and backward than one that doesn’t move at all. If its changing then I feel like they are updating me on the current status of my order. When it doesn’t change for an extended period I get nervous that they have lost my order in the system.