Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I depart this thread of suffering, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shared their experiences ordering, waiting, and taking delivery of the car. Reading this thread daily helped maintain my sanity during the long wait.

I took delivery of my red/white/CF Plaid on Saturday. They’ve just about gotten the completely in-app delivery process worked out, and I was impressed by how smoothly it went. It could have been about 5 minutes or less to pickup the car if I had wanted. While I tried to keep my expectations low, to my delight the car was in great condition with no major issues. I’ve been enjoying it like crazy the past few days. Coming directly from the Raven MSP, it is shocking to me how much they improved this car. Most reviewers who have not daily driven the outgoing model will definitely miss most of the smaller changes that add up to a massive leap forward. It is absolutely amazing. And while the question of whether the additional cost of Plaid over LR is worth it depends on the buyer and their priorities, I find myself marveling at the reality of sitting in a car at this price point with this level of comfort, technology, and performance. It kinda feels like I’m driving around strapped to an ICBM, and I’m loving every minute of it. It not only feels worth every penny, but feels like a steal to me. (Edit: I suspect I would feel the same about the LR with its price point—talk about bang for buck!)

Lastly, to anyone in this thread who has been questioning whether or not the wait for the white interior is worth it, I would like to say yes, yes, yes, it is. I had not seen a refreshed S with white in person until I picked mine up, and I was truly blown away by it. Having driven a Plaid with black/CF multiple times prior to picking up my car, I was surprised by how much more luxurious, warm/inviting, and simply interesting the interior felt with white. I could go on (and on), but if you’re at all inclined to go with white, just do it and you will not regret it.

Thanks again and I hope your deliveries come soon and go just as smoothly as mine. 🙂

Last edited:
FA9C3DBF-9B6A-4531-9785-572518036C5D.jpeg

Even on Thanksgiving there is no mercy with the push backs.

My EDD got pushed back and dates widened to Jan 7 to Feb 4. 2nd time it has changed in the last week. Was Dec 1 to 29 for over a month then last week went to Dec 20 to 31.

I am not getting the warm Feb EDD bug feeling either. I think this is legit.

When I talked to Teslas sales line a couple weeks ago about upgrading to a plaid in inventory the SA assured me I would get my car in Dec. Big pile of 💩.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone.

Before I depart this thread of suffering, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who shared their experiences ordering, waiting, and taking delivery of the car. Reading this thread daily helped maintain my sanity during the long wait.

I took delivery of my red/white/CF Plaid on Saturday. They’ve just about gotten the completely in-app delivery process worked out, and I was impressed by how smoothly it went. It could have been about 5 minutes or less to pickup the car if I had wanted. While I tried to keep my expectations low, to my delight the car was in great condition with no major issues. I’ve been enjoying it like crazy the past few days. Coming directly from the Raven MSP, it is shocking to me how much they improved this car. Most reviewers who have not daily driven the outgoing model will definitely miss most of the smaller changes that add up to a massive leap forward. It is absolutely amazing. And while the question of whether the additional cost of Plaid over LR is worth it depends on the buyer and their priorities, I find myself marveling at the reality of sitting in a car at this price point with this level of comfort, technology, and performance. It kinda feels like I’m driving around strapped to an ICBM, and I’m loving every minute of it. It not only feels worth every penny, but feels like a steal to me. (Edit: I suspect I would feel the same about the LR with its price point—talk about bang for buck!)

Lastly, to anyone in this thread who has been questioning whether or not the wait for the white interior is worth it, I would like to say yes, yes, yes, it is. I had not seen a refreshed S with white in person until I picked mine up, and I was truly blown away by it. Having driven a Plaid with black/CF multiple times prior to picking up my car, I was surprised by how much more luxurious, warm/inviting, and simply interesting the interior felt with white. I could go on (and on), but if you’re at all inclined to go with white, just do it and you will not regret it.

Thanks again and I hope your deliveries come soon and go just as smoothly as mine. 🙂

Congrats that’s my exact spec!

Mine is the same way. I was sure to note it on my initial service request so they have it as an issue in their system. Seems like the liner is slightly too wide for the space causing it to flare up along the edges.

I’m guessing it’s wide on purpose to reduce wind noise or drag. Like a panel gap seal. My SA told me it’s not easily adjustable.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

How did you adjust it? It might be that the clips to hold it down have too much play in them, allowing the liner to float a bit.
So, not sure if this will help but if you look at the photo below (showing my issue fixed), roughy the area in yellow was lifted up and poking up against the panel. That section should actually be tucked under, like it is now. I had to lift it up a bit from the green area to pull it out a touch so I could tuck it back in. Not sure if you have the same issue as I did?

5DD9C99E-FA36-4B68-B103-6C82DAA92431.jpeg

Just posted this on the delivery thread:
I just got back from the Glendale Service Center in Arizona. After dinner I thought, just maybe my car would be there. I saw one white white Plaid, checked the Vin and it was IT. The car was a bit dirty since October 10th but the build, gaps, interior was beautiful. One little wrinkle in the passenger seat back but no issues with me. Even got under it so see if any scrapes, none. My car is a 2021 built in October 10th ... next to it was a 2022 built October 17 by the primer coat tag. l could see no visible difference but I know little of what is on the car. I did take pictures of the window sticker of the 2022 if anyone is interested and can pick out any differences with the 21 vs 22. I am to get the car Monday, but might call tomorrow and see if I can get it earlier. I am thrilled NOW, after hearing all the negative talk on this board lately I was very apprehensive.

Attachments​

Attachments

• Tesla 6.jpg
    Tesla 6.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 54
I just got back from the Glendale Service Center in Arizona. After dinner I thought, just maybe my car would be there. I saw one white white Plaid, checked the Vin and it was IT. The car was a bit dirty since October 10th but the build, gaps, interior was beautiful. One little wrinkle in the passenger seat back but no issues with me. Even got under it so see if any scrapes, none. My car is a 2021 built in October 10th ... next to it was a 2022 built October 17 by the primer coat tag. l could see no visible difference but I know little of what is on the car. I did take pictures of the window sticker of the 2022 if anyone is interested and can pick out any differences with the 21 vs 22. I am to get the car Monday, but might call tomorrow and see if I can get it earlier. I am thrilled NOW, after hearing all the negative talk on this board lately I was very apprehensive.

Attachments​

Congratulations!!

Attachments​

Congratulations and enjoy!

I also got bumped this morning from 12/7-12/27 to 1/12-2/9. This is getting ridiculous!
How is it getting ridiculous? You see the majority of people waiting 8-9 months, you ordered in May. Reading this forum especially with white seats should know it's gonna take a minute to get yours.