Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to identify a reliable method for knowing when the Tesla account page updates EDDs. I’m getting mad at myself how many times I check my account just to make sure it hasn’t changed.
Someone had a script that they developed and put it on Github, but said it was fully unsupported. And they have their car, so they no longer car either.

Well… I like my morning ritual .
1. Pour coffee and sit on my favorite couch
2. check Tesla account - use a few expletives
3. check white interior tmc thread
4. Check the main delivery thread
5. Finish coffee

I also have a daily constitutional ritual, mid morning ritual, early afternoon ritual, late afternoon ritual, beer’o’clock ritual, pre-bedtime ritual, middle of the night ritual… and a few more rituals!
Modified.

1. Pour coffee and sit on my favorite couch
2. check Tesla account - use a few expletives
2.5. add Bailey's to coffee
3. check white interior tmc thread
3.5. Find something stronger than Bailey's
4. Check the main delivery thread
5. Throw out the coffee and start searching for the bottom of a bottle

It is getting dark in here @2021plaid

XKGlow, fiber optic ambient lighting. You can get real extreme with it. I just want a subtle look to the dash and door panels. Here's a tricked out M3 with XKGlow craziness. It's all RGB, so I'll prob be in cool blue mode most of the time. All Bluetooth and customizable. Some assembly required :)
(I'll prob make an install vid if I'm still the first to do in a MS refresh)

Thank you! Looking into it now.

I don't think this is what's happening. You may point to a few suspicious cases of RN # leaping, but we haven't seen this widespread and could be explained by other factors e.g., supply chain disruptions, destinations priorities or just system glitches.
Actually we know FOR SURE this is happening. In fact I just talked to my SA about it. If someone has a car that has one option different than mine (I ordered white interior and it has black) and they reject their car for whatever reason, Telsa won’t let me just have that one unless I’m willing to pay the extra $10k!! Why not? I ordered first didn’t I? What if one had a tan interior I asked?? Nope! Extra $10k! Well what if everything is the same but instead of white like I ordered, it was red? I’d have to pay an extra $2500 for the color and an EXTRA $10k for changing my options. So why would they do this? If I ordered first, and the car is available, why wouldn’t they just give it to me? BECAUSE THEY WANT THE EXTRA $10k
There is no other way to look at it. And my SA confirmed all of this.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Actually we know FOR SURE this is happening. In fact I just talked to my SA about it. If someone has a car that has one option different than mine (I ordered white interior and it has black) and they reject their car for whatever reason, Telsa won’t let me just have that one unless I’m willing to pay the extra $10k!! Why not? I ordered first didn’t I? What if one had a tan interior I asked?? Nope! Extra $10k! Well what if everything is the same but instead of white like I ordered, it was red? I’d have to pay an extra $2500 for the color and an EXTRA $10k for changing my options. So why would they do this? If I ordered first, and the car is available, why wouldn’t they just give it to me? BECAUSE THEY WANT THE EXTRA $10k
There is no other way to look at it. And my SA confirmed all of this.
That’s irrelevant if the configuration is different. Why should they sell the car to you at a ‘discount’ when their policy is very simple, if you change your config you pay the current price. That’s true whether through the configurator or in person for a pre-built car. As long as you don’t see cars with your exact configuration becoming available in your area then there isn’t anything to complain about IMO.

That’s irrelevant if the configuration is different. Why should they sell the car to you at a ‘discount’ when their policy is very simple, if you change your config you pay the current price. That’s true whether through the configurator or in person for a pre-built car. As long as you don’t see cars with your exact configuration becoming available in your area then there isn’t anything to complain about IMO.
Have seen many instances on this community of substitutions for available cars at original price. SA may not be fully informed.

Have seen many instances on this community of substitutions for available cars at original price. SA may not be fully informed.
True, but that’s case by case and not Tesla’s policy. I too would argue for getting the car at the previous price, but knowing what the actual policy is and not knowing how often they honor the pre-increase price my options are limited.

So I’ve noticed that every 2 weeks (to the day), my Expected Delivery changes. It’s been happening for months now. Last change was on 8/25 when it went to mid October… that means Sep 9 is when it’ll change again…

speculate! That’s all I can do :(
Anyone with a blank date as of 2 days ago get a new date to display? My February date went blank and nothing since.
LR white/white 19” RN1150 May order

So I’ve noticed that every 2 weeks (to the day), my Expected Delivery changes. It’s been happening for months now. Last change was on 8/25 when it went to mid October… that means Sep 9 is when it’ll change again…

speculate! That’s all I can do :(
Oh crap! Just went Blank!!! I should never have said that!!

Oh crap! Just went Blank!!! I should never have said that!!

WTAF….EDD Blank this morning after three glorious days at 11/6-26
I'm hoping this means as we're finally close to Sept they're about to start making the white interiors and y'all will be moving up in timelines. You both have early orders, hoping this is a good sign!

I'm hoping this means as we're finally close to Sept they're about to start making the white interiors and y'all will be moving up in timelines. You both have early orders, hoping this is a good sign!
Man!!! I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s been 7 years and the order to delivery experience hasn’t changed one bit! Luckily the post delivery experience makes me forget the pre delivery experience.

But I don’t put it past the mothership to continue to get worse at this!