Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in 2013 TMC had a small band of active posters, and this feels very 2013-y in this thread. For those of you waiting for what will be your first Tesla, my deepest sympathies. I remember that feeling, waiting... And I only had to wait 2 months. It was almost like torture. But I can confirm that it WILL be worth it.

C2B23899-BD21-40B8-9562-DC732A1113B6.jpg

This is in Canada. Ordered before the price increase. Red, white, Carbon, 19, FSD.

Said February last week, moved to late November, and moved again today to Oct 16-Nov 5.

I also ordered the same with Black interior after the White got bumped to February. The black was saying Aug 29, and has now moved to Sept 20-Oct 10. So the white is catching the black.

Same...I'm not sighing tho! Pre-Thanksgiving delivery would make me very happy.
still not sure why my car is showing a earlier EDD then yours with a later RN but then again i am also a Plaid+ converted RN.

i can only think they are producing early quarter for the Canadian Market as they need longer to arrive again thats just my 2 cents lol. I would love to see you guys getting the car at least the same time or earlier.

still not sure why my car is showing a earlier EDD then yours with a later RN but then again i am also a Plaid+ converted RN.

i can only think they are producing early quarter for the Canadian Market as they need longer to arrive again thats just my 2 cents lol. I would love to see you guys getting the car at least the same time or earlier.
I think Canadians should buy Canadian cars! And leave my car alone!

Does anyone know whether a VIN is assigned only once a car is fully manufactured, or at some prior pre-production step?

I'm a mid-January 2021 Plaid/Blue/White/CF/19"/FSD order, and my anticipated delivery has slipped many times, of course. Now my EDD is October 5-25. I don't have a VIN yet. I'm on the East Coast, and I assume it takes ~2 weeks for a car to get here from Fremont. So just trying to work backwards from potential delivery dates; wondering for example, if a VIN is assigned a couple weeks prior to manufacture, then early October now seems out the window.

Does anyone know whether a VIN is assigned only once a car is fully manufactured, or at some prior pre-production step?

I'm a mid-January 2021 Plaid/Blue/White/CF/19"/FSD order, and my anticipated delivery has slipped many times, of course. Now my EDD is October 5-25. I don't have a VIN yet. I'm on the East Coast, and I assume it takes ~2 weeks for a car to get here from Fremont. So just trying to work backwards from potential delivery dates; wondering for example, if a VIN is assigned a couple weeks prior to manufacture, then early October now seems out the window.
The VIN is assigned once the assembly is complete and before the car is placed into the logistics lot.

I'm a Nov 2020 order with the same build as you also east coast. My EDD used to be 9/5-9/25, until I got my VIN a week ago, now its showing 9/23-9/30. I'd say worst case you're looking at the last week of October, but I would doubt there are many orders between ours so it could be alot sooner. The only wrench is that when it gets towards the end of September they will stop shipping cars to the east coast and give local orders a priority.

I'm a Nov 2020 order with the same build as you also east coast. My EDD used to be 9/5-9/25, until I got my VIN a week ago, now its showing 9/23-9/30. I'd say worst case you're looking at the last week of October, but I would doubt there are many orders between ours so it could be alot sooner. The only wrench is that when it gets towards the end of September they will stop shipping cars to the east coast and give local orders a priority.
Congrats! Really excited for you! I don't have a lot of faith in these estimates, given all that's gone on in the last 8 months, but it's good to hear that someone nearby with the same config is finally seeing some movement.

I'm a plaid + conversion also. But there's the unknown factor of how Tesla monkey incorporates conversion_date into the EDD algorithm!

Ordered in April. Also getting 21". When did you order?
I ordered early July. First said October, then blank for about 6 weeks, then late October to mid November (forgot the dates), then blank for about a week, then Dec 4th -24th. It has stayed that way for about 2 weeks now. From what I've been reading here, I half expect it to change to either October or February. Seems like a crap shoot. Also getting white/white Plaid, CF, 21", FSD. Can't wait!

I ordered early July. First said October, then blank for about 6 weeks, then late October to mid November (forgot the dates), then blank for about a week, then Dec 4th -24th. It has stayed that way for about 2 weeks now. From what I've been reading here, I half expect it to change to either October or February. Seems like a crap shoot. Also getting white/white Plaid, CF, 21", FSD. Can't wait!
Sounds fair for Dec for ya. My April order says Nov 11-Dec 1. Maybe these EDDs are done jumping around a lot finally.