Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To add to this, I’d like to see Plaid white interior since it gets different stitching.
did you not see the link @2021plaid posted above? tons if interior pics on the Plaid.

now, real question, has anyone gotten a VIN yet? any of the dates that looked like EOQ still around? everyone pushed to Oct or later at this point?

did you not see the link @2021plaid posted above? tons if interior pics on the Plaid.

now, real question, has anyone gotten a VIN yet? any of the dates that looked like EOQ still around? everyone pushed to Oct or later at this point?
My EDD still shows 9/25 - 9/30 , but no VIN, no contact from Tesla. At this late date and waiting almost 10 months,I really hope it pushes out until I get a 2022 VIN.

Finally my EDD updated this morning lets go.

1632401612840.png

Thanks for the pics guys. I'm not sure why white with the walnut wood looks so off. Seems like it has to be CF with the white interior. The walnut looks great with the cream, it has a luxury feel. I think the white/CF maybe looks more modern/sporty.

1632408538776.png

1632408572238.png

And to complicate it more, here is cream/CF:
1632408889435.png

1632408909405.png

1632408918520.png

Here is cream/walnut:
1632409401109.png

1632409415852.png

For as much as I’m excited about white interior, I’m not particularly excited about the wood tone the white interior brings

Here is a listing on AT for one. Really low price too!🤣

Here's a video of the cream/walnut interior (starting around 2:15):

Here's a video of white/CF interior (starting around 3:20):

Attachments

• 1632409456943.png
    1632409456943.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics guys. I'm not sure why white with the walnut wood looks so off. Seems like it has to be CF with the white interior. The walnut looks great with the cream, it has a luxury feel. I think the white/CF maybe looks more modern/sporty.

View attachment 713104
View attachment 713105

View attachment 713109
View attachment 713110
View attachment 713111

I personally think the white interior is elegant; glad I waited for what I ordered and wanted. I like C.F. I have a very limited edition Carbon 65 Corvette with C.F. both interior and exterior.

I think the wood will be fine (my personal opinion).

Thanks for the above post.

View attachment 713104
View attachment 713105

View attachment 713109
View attachment 713110
View attachment 713111

Here is cream/walnut:
View attachment 713114
View attachment 713115

Agreed, the carbon fiber does look better. However, not all of us went Plaid and do not have the carbon fiber option. As such, I would preferred more than just the walnut wood option - as I mentioned earlier, I loved my dark ash wood from 2019. Mainly because I like the darkness with the black exterior. I would have also gladly paid more for a carbon fiber on a LR, but I understand that carbon fiber typically equates to the "performance" model.

It's annoying that we all had to order our cars without being able to see what it looks like irl. The colors are so hard to capture with a camera, and the perception of colors changes a lot with the lighting, exterior of the car, and whether you photograph the interior with passengers or empty.

I wish Tesla had told us all months ago that white interior or CF was in short supply, I probably would have changed to another combo and saved a few months of frustration.

Still no VIN today (EDD still before September 30), but for the first time ever my Tesla app shows I own a Tesla, and it says to go to edit details in my account (on the web.)

Also has access to the training videos from the app now.

Funny side note, when we placed the order in January, my husband and I set up a joint account for the loan payments to come out of, and we started depositing into it immediately -- 9 months later it has the amount we had listed as our downpayment, so it's pretty hilarious how that worked out. Now we aren't pulling anything from savings/etc, and our loan amount will be exactly the same. (I wanted a $75k 36 months for 1.79% -- at that rate, it's only one extra payment in interest.)

Still no VIN today (EDD still before September 30), but for the first time ever my Tesla app shows I own a Tesla, and it says to go to edit details in my account (on the web.)
It does not in fact show you own a Tesla. It shows your reservation. And a button to launch your devices web browser and see the reservation details - the same screen you would see from a computer. The Tesla app was update weeks (a month and a half?) ago and brought this functionality. It also does not mean you are any closer (or further away) to a VIN. I also have access to the single training video and three FAQs. I am over a two months away from the beginning of my current estimate delivery date.