Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am torn! MY EDD is coming up! Oct 11-20th! I currently have a Red/Black/Ebony Plaid with 1100 miles on it. I paid $10k more for that one so I could get it in July (I am glad, bc I could not have waited this long). I love the car and really love the interior now. The ebony wood is just so nice looking in person and the way it looks flowing into the left dash screen is actually nicer than the carbon fiber, which I have seen with black interior in person. I have not seen the white yet, my Wife has white interior on her Model X and we both love it, thats why I ordered it. I planned on selling this black interior one at $5,000 less than I paid to split the difference but now I'm debating just keeping the black interior! I think I may go see it in person and decide then. Tough call!
#firstworldproblems

Took a ride tonight to the new Glendale Arizona Service Center. There were about 30 LR's in the lot all with 19" wheels. Only 1 white with white and it had wood interior. There was only 3 Plaids and not a 21" wheel in the place. The cars must have just gotten there as they were covered in dirt and rain spots. We have not had rain in months here.
I guess that explains my move yesterday from 9/24-9/30 to 9/27-9/30.
blue/white/CF/21" RN 11439x
still no vin.

I wonder if I will get a phone call or something when the car is ready, or if they are just hoping I happen to check my tesla account that day. (they know i will.)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just got a call from a Tesla SA asking if I'd take my same configuration except with cream interior and take delivery tomorrow. Told him I'm going to hold out for white because it looks so good.
We are all in this together. I’ve been waiting this long no way I’m caving now.

RN1150 May LR order. White/white, 19”. Went from November to blank

Estimated Delivery: December 13 - January 02​

This gets more depressing on a weekly basis
Damn this made me sad, I have a black with white insertion 19” RN1151 on June 10th and mine was December 3rd-23rd now blank for a longtime. This probably means I’m moving to 2022. FML

RN1150 May LR order. White/white, 19”. Went from November to blank to

Estimated Delivery: December 13 - January 02​

This gets more depressing on a weekly basis
And the thing is -- even while that date range is depressing, you have no way of knowing whether it is just another Tesla lie. This is the same company that promised "full self driving" in 2021. Would you really be shocked if your car was delivered in May 2022? I wouldn't.

Took a ride tonight to the new Glendale Arizona Service Center. There were about 30 LR's in the lot all with 19" wheels. Only 1 white with white and it had wood interior. There was only 3 Plaids and not a 21" wheel in the place. The cars must have just gotten there as they were covered in dirt and rain spots. We have not had rain in months here.
Covered in dirt and rain spots? From the long lost Tesla Gilligan's Island lot??

Appreciate the update, that's my delivery center - my current EDD is Sept 27-30, but I guess mine isn't in that batch of cars. Most likely October.

And the thing is -- even while that date range is depressing, you have no way of knowing whether it is just another Tesla lie. This is the same company that promised "full self driving" in 2021. Would you really be shocked if your car was delivered in May 2022? I wouldn't.
FSD was promised to us October 2016 as a fleet of robo taxis going live soon. Tesla suggested we could defray some cost of our monthly payment by letting our cars autonomously pick up Uber passengers. 😂😂😂

FSD was promised to us October 2016 as a fleet of robo taxis going live soon. Tesla suggested we could defray some cost of our monthly payment by letting our cars autonomously pick up Uber passengers. 😂😂😂
You beat me to it; I knew FSD was promised well before this year. Actually, around 5 years ago...

True. FSD by 2021? There were supposed to be 100,000s of robotaxies on the road in 2019! ;-)