Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@kengchang is your comment speculation or have you seen a rumor or intel to support this comment? I wouldn't be surprised, just curious as I haven't seen anything about white seats not being manufactured yet.
Now this was for the Plaid page. However it was the same type of message that was there for the 19" rims. Being like @MFrunkerOG is saying, they are manufactured differently for the interiors on Plaid vs LR.

Additionally, the 19" rim comment only existed on the Plaid page as well, however it was a mute point for LR because the website showing later delivery for the LR for every config. When this message appeared for the white interiors, same thing with the LR, all configurations we're already set past September.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-202521_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-202521_Chrome.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 72
There are two types of white seats with significant differences - perforated vs not, ventilation mechanism vs not…

If white is being made for the LR, doesn’t mean white is being made for Plaid and vice-versa!
Yes, recall also the Plaid white seats have black piping on them versus long-range white seats that seem not to. Which is kinda good as that black piping hasn't looked very uniform/smooth in pics I've seen of Plaids - e.g. Doug review of Plaid demonstrated that a bit too.

Called general Tesla phone number. Spoke to someone who said to not pay much attention to EDD. Said White interiors have begun to ship out and I should expect the car late September.
Doesn't look like they are shipping out with our small sample size. You would think with this statement some VINs would be produced and.....crickets. More disinformation? I am hopeful but pessimistic...

RN11395 - Plaid | Red | White| CF | 21” | No FSD

I had the July EDD until 8/1, then it went blank, then last week I got the email of death and then February EDD.

However, I firmly believe February is indeed a placeholder and it will come substantially quicker. Thank you to all who contributed to this thread! Nice to know I’m not alone in my frustration. ;)
I’m in the same boat. Ordered Plaid+ within minutes of announcement. Shifted 6/21 by Tesla to Plaid July EDD until Aug 1. Came within one day of selling my car. Then got no EDD, then same email as you, now February. I don’t believe a word Tesla says. I wouldn’t have even been tracking this crap if Tesla hadn’t called me to get ready for my July delivery. They have created this mess for me.

my white/white 19 went from november to dec 04 - 27. I asked my SA what do you see and she told me she sees december/january delivery date. Ordered end of March.
seems right if i ordered at the beginning of march, you're at the end of the window i have

edit: and asking your SA anything is useless. i've been told he wouldn't tell me unless there's a major delay. i've been told aug, july, etc.
but then again, he did say based on his experience a late nov delivery would be a 2022 and not a 2021. so, light at end of tunnel?

The day they autoconverted me from plaid+ to plaid (Jun 19), the person I spoke with said 2 -3 weeks tops, definitely in July! HAH! I should have recorded that…

I too came close to selling my current ride! Glad I didn’t.

looking at people’s dates / ranges for LR white vs plaid white, seems the LRs will get theirs first. Maybe the bottleneck is the perforated white material.