Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right? Did they lose my reservation? ha
I know this has been posted in the forum before but Tesla's awful fulfillment and communications process always reminds me of this scene.

1629459807620.png

I know this has been posted in the forum before but Tesla's awful fulfillment and communications process always reminds me of this scene.

View attachment 698975

I had a white interior and white exterior reservation for a plaid… delivery estimate was September 6-26 ( dreaded end of quarter push )
I asked them to flag my account for other available configuration orphaned cars ( if someone declines delivery, I will take it )and only thing I wanted was cream or white interior ….
within a day I had two cars to pick from from 2 different service centers ( I had a duplicate order / reservation to improve my odds , where we have our other property in a different state ….
I chose black with cream interior with wood trim and arachnid wheels …. Had to pay more but got my car yesterday ….
I saw 4 plaids at SC and one had tempest wheels , rest arachnids … black and cream interiors , carbon fiber and wood trims and black, red , MSM colors …
hope this helps ….

the car is a beast and I can tell u the finish is better than my MXp100d by many many folds …. We found a visor mirror that had a crack but that’s it …
no cheapo plastic creaking sound and much much improved wind noise / quieter cabin and seats are much better

Same build, yet you ordered 3 months after me and have a 2021 date range? W.t.f….
I have a feeling an update is coming for those with ‘February’. Either late September or October if I had a guess. All the new orders even say February - March for any configuration.

Or maybe I am hopeful for my own sake. And sanity.

I have a feeling an update is coming for those with ‘February’. Either late September or October if I had a guess. All the new orders even say February - March for any configuration.

I went to Tesla in Burbank last week (my Model 3 needed a new 12v) and talked to someone in sales. He said that by end of August the February dates should be revised to sooner, more realistic EDDs…we shall see.

have a feeling that we might get our cars by middle of next year or at least me last man standing lol

434 - sounds like a late June, early July build. No issues with the car / build. Wonder why the estimator is misbehaving. Maybe they forgot to feed the monkey its bananas. Hopefully it gets straighten out for you in a day or two.

Have your SA or delivery center ping the car to get its location. With a VIN, that is no issue.

Edit: thinking more about this. Maybe the issue is that the car is already AT the delivery center and they are trying to figure out how to correct the estimator to reflect tomorrow or some sooner range. Just odd all around. But with a VIN in your account, you are matched to the car.
Talked to the rep that is helping me since my SA doesn't work at Tesla anymore, he said that the Vin is just a preproduction Vin, and he is hoping he can match me with the next shipment due in September but no guarantee. That doesn't sound right, but 3 days into it and my EDD is still Feb.

Finally got an estimated delivery date in my profile after being blank for two months. December 17-January 6th. Kind of a big window but better than it being blank for the longest.
It appears that’s normal, almost all of the estimates are about 3 weeks wide initially. My EDD is Nov 10 - Nov 30.

Finally got an estimated delivery date in my profile after being blank for two months. December 17-January 6th. Kind of a big window but better than it being blank for the longest.
What config/RN?
Plaid/white/white/21s/FSD June order - all per pervious posts
What is interesting is that is the same date range as what @KyleDay has. Who has a June order as well. Anxious to see what the rest of us update to eventually.

I will admit - if I am offered a black / black / 19s or 21s at EoQ (again), I might be setting sail from the white interior.

Last edited:
What is interesting is that same date range is what @KyleDay has. Who has a June order as well. Anxious to see what the rest of us update to eventually.

I will admit - if I am offered a black / black / 19s or 21s at EoQ (again), I am setting sail from the white interior.
I have had similar thoughts but in my last Model S I always wished I had had a white interior instead of black. So I’m going to play the waiting game. Still same EDD so far…