Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plaids with white interior on lot … don’t believe it. Maybe cream.
1630330167593.png

yes you're right... white cream :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_095239.jpg
    IMG_20210830_095239.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210830_095236.jpg
    IMG_20210830_095236.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210830_095234.jpg
    IMG_20210830_095234.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210830_095232.jpg
    IMG_20210830_095232.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 48
seeing the white, wood looks very outta place... CF fo sho!
Yea, not going to lie, a bit of a let down with the walnut. I would have paid more (on top of the premium for white) to get carbon fiber on the LR. But I get why it is a "Plaid only" design option. The walnut is part of the reason why I am still on the fence (and have an order) for a black interior. The ebony is really nice with the black interior. So nice that the designer does not do it justice. I loved the "dark ash wood" from my Raven LR S, it complimented the white really nice.

I keep going back and forth and want to give the walnut a shot. I have looked at Omar's photos and many others showing the various tones of the walnut in different lights. I need to ask the local service center if they will let me sit in a cream to look at the walnut in person. Only ever sat in carbon fiber and ebony.

Yea, not going to lie, a bit of a let down with the walnut. I would have paid more (on top of the premium for white) to get carbon fiber on the LR. But I get why it is a "Plaid only" design option. The walnut is part of the reason why I am still on the fence (and have an order) for a black interior. The ebony is really nice with the black interior. So nice that the designer does not do it justice. I loved the "dark ash wood" from my Raven LR S, it complimented the white really nice.

I keep going back and forth and want to give the walnut a shot. I have looked at Omar's photos and many others showing the various tones of it in different lights. I need to ask the local service center if they will let me sit in a cream to look at the walnut in person. Only ever sat in carbon fiber and ebony.
I've personally sat in a cream/walnut, and it was quite nice. Like I've stated before, if you have the choice (Plaid) I would always go with CF, but you will be golden IMO with the wood. Beautiful texture with a really high quality feel, and LOTS of it spread around, especially in the center console. I thought it looked beautiful with the cream, so I imagine it would look even better with the white. Additionally, if possible, I would always recommend lighter interior colors for the MS. There are so many sweeping and flowing lines formed by the leatherette, that they can get lost in the black. Cream and white really help to accentuate these.

I've personally sat in a cream/walnut, and it was quite nice. Like I've stated before, if you have the choice (Plaid) I would always go with CF, but you will be golden IMO with the wood. Beautiful texture with a really high quality feel, and LOTS of it spread around, especially in the center console. I thought it looked beautiful with the cream, so I imagine it would look even better with the white. Additionally, if possible, I would always recommend lighter interior colors for the MS. There are so many sweeping and flowing lines formed by the leatherette, that they can get lost in the black. Cream and white really help to accentuate these.
The biggest concern I have with the walnut is its color directly in the light - it looks way too light in my opinion. In the shade, it is a nice medium / dark tone. But I live in South Texas, "shade" is about as rare as big foot.

Last edited:
The biggest concern I have with the walnut is its color directly in the light - it looks way to light in my opinion. In the shade, it is a nice medium / dark tone. But I live in South Texas, "shade" is about as rare as big foot.
Well, and that's something I can't help you with. I sat in it indoors, so I haven't seen it in the light. I personally don't see it going crazy in the sunlight. Maybe you could ask @omarsultan for his input?

Reactions: impastu
Well, and that's something I can't help you with. I sat in it indoors, so I haven't seen it in the light. I personally don't see it going crazy in the sunlight. Maybe you could ask @omarsultan for his input?
Totally fair to say it is not "crazy" in the sunlight. But you cannot tell me it does not look different in the sun here (no need to watch the video, just the still will do) and in the shade here. Again, hard to say if it matters that much. I probably need to reach out to Tex EV and experience the Plaid launch and look at the walnut in his cream interior a bit more.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@cwanja -- I'll post a couple of pics taken at high noon today. Here is one pic I happen to have lying around that was taken noon-ish.

IMG_0931.jpeg

@cwanja -- I'll post a couple of pics taken at high noon today. Here is one pic I happen to have lying around that was taken noon-ish.

View attachment 703203
Appreciate it, as always, @omarsultan. Looking at this, I personally think I will be fine with it. Honestly. And I know having the white will fulfill my heart (wife is jealous, oh well hahah). But I do want to kind of experience in person before I plop down the bricks of dough for Tesla. Which has been the harder part of this order for me - previously, I was able to sit in and look at both interiors prior to ordering. Much like everyone else, just ordering blind without first experiencing it.