Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attached is my MS Plaid W/W/CF 21" no FSD, EDD range has changed so many times I won't believe it until it is at the SC for delivery.

Attachments

• White Plaid .jpg
    White Plaid .jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 68
We have the same car, about the same order date and you are about a month ahead of me! Good for you - sad for me....
I think that now has more to do with logistics and the normal way tesla operates :( west coast eoq and east coast more towards beginning of q.

Yeah I mean I guess $40k isn't a huge deal and to me it's worth the bragging rights and possibly having more ooomph at triple digits. You only live once and can't take it with you, so why not?
While I personally wouldn’t buy the plaid, the Edmunds reviewer seemed to have an axe to grind. I do not consider it a professional review. Trashing the fastest production car in the world, which also happens to be an EV, because nobody needs to drive that fast is a stupid take.

Update this opening - my EDD moved back ~ 2 weeks to 11/13-12/3. Was 10/29-11/18 for a long time.
Interesting. Right behind my 11/11 to 12/1. You also ordered three days after me.

Seen a lot of slippage in others cars that were EoQ. Trying to figure out if they just realized they will not be able to deliver or if there is a larger push coming.

Did Tesla create the white interior material on its own? Or did they find it at some manufacturer and took it?

Gotta be honest, I’m little disheartened by the lack of deliveries this close to EOQ. We are just over a couple of weeks out and I’m just not seeing any movement on white interiors. Mine is holding strong at 10/6-10/26. But seeing as how this is the sixth date change thus far… Frustrating

Yeah. I've held at 10/7-10/27 since Tesla sent the email apologizing for the outrageous delays and updated our accounts with more realistic-seeming dates. I remain hopeful that was the turning point where they put their lies behind them and were prepared to start producing the car in significant numbers, but obviously you can never trust Tesla.

Yeah. I've held at 10/7-10/27 since Tesla sent the email apologizing for the outrageous delays and updated our accounts with more realistic-seeming dates. I remain hopeful that was the turning point where they put their lies behind them and were prepared to start producing the car in significant numbers, but obviously you can never trust Tesla.
My sincere hope is that they have some trailer-loads of white seats allocated to build runs. West Coast may get some deliveries for this quarter, but the rest of country will have to wait for east-bound shipments to resume. I imagine that the production lines switch over to 4Q builds (for long-haul transport back east) by at least the last week of the month if not a couple of days sooner.

If I'm correct, we could see October and November EDDs start to creep up and tighten as early as the end of this month. And VINs start to populate in first half of October as cars are loaded onto railcars.

I hope you’re right. Im not seeing anything that indicates that they are producing white interiors in any quantities worth mentioning

I hope you’re right. Im not seeing anything that indicates that they are producing white interiors in any quantities worth mentioning
FWIW , this Tesla inventory site shows zero available cars for sale with white inventory, including LR and Plaid. About 70% black and 30% cream. You can search this by interior color.