Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Communication could be 20x better. E.G: "Your EDD just went blank because there is a shortage of chip xyz, we expect to get more info on Y". "Your EDD moved back 3 weeks because we are having trouble getting the vegan leather for your seats, we will update you again in 10 days". Instead it's "Screw you, we own you"
Amen brother!

Again, the delays aren’t the problem. It’s the lack of explanation and the constant fake dates. I get delays. I know a lot of it is out of their hands. You know what isn’t out of their hands? NOT charging me the higher $10k price to switch to black interior because white seems to be eternally delayed. THAT IS IN THEIR HANDS! I couldn’t give a crap about the interior at this point! But they’ll charge me an extra $10k to change. Meanwhile some schmuck who ordered ten minutes ago gets a car because he guessed the right trim configuration. Also, over building on the Plaid variant. Lists of Plaids avaiblle to pick up now. Meanwhile i ordered in Feb and still don’t have a car!
So please, spare me the “it’s out of their hands” stuff. It just rouses the fire breathing dragon in me
This absolutely. Why not just send an email saying white is delayed but you can switch to black or cream and not wait 6 extra months?

Had I known I would have had a car in June on release day!

Having a 6 month old car is not ideal for me. I like neeest and greatest.

Again, the delays aren’t the problem. It’s the lack of explanation and the constant fake dates. I get delays. I know a lot of it is out of their hands. You know what isn’t out of their hands? NOT charging me the higher $10k price to switch to black interior because white seems to be eternally delayed. THAT IS IN THEIR HANDS! I couldn’t give a crap about the interior at this point! But they’ll charge me an extra $10k to change. Meanwhile some schmuck who ordered ten minutes ago gets a car because he guessed the right trim configuration. Also, over building on the Plaid variant. Lists of Plaids avaiblle to pick up now. Meanwhile i ordered in Feb and still don’t have a car!
So please, spare me the “it’s out of their hands” stuff. It just rouses the fire breathing dragon in me
But..."it's out of their hands"

LOL

Thanks for the pics guys. I'm not sure why white with the walnut wood looks so off. Seems like it has to be CF with the white interior. The walnut looks great with the cream, it has a luxury feel. I think the white/CF maybe looks more modern/sporty.

View attachment 713104
View attachment 713105

And to complicate it more, here is cream/CF:
View attachment 713109
View attachment 713110
View attachment 713111

Here is cream/walnut:
View attachment 713114
View attachment 713115

Here's a video of the cream/walnut interior (starting around 2:15):

Here's a video of white/CF interior (starting around 3:20):
can always wait for tsportline to come out with an aftermarket option to replace or overlay the wood. That's my plan anyway...

What bothers me the most is that the more the dates change the more it seems blatantly obvious that they do this to "hook" people with totally unrealistic dates purely to capture an order.

Everyone (both Tesla stans and Tesla themselves) talk about how this is due to chip shortages as a result of increased demand, that argument makes zero sense. You place an order, get put in a queue. 10 million people could have ordered a tesla in August and it should not affect my May order at all.
Yeah, kinda have said before I think. They hook you. Then date goes way out, then they bring in too optimistically to keep you from cancelling. Then they push out a bit, push out a bit more, if push too far, they bring in to keep from cancelling if ticks up, but then push out again, etc. It kind of seems to keep you hooked, and keeps reseting your expectations as if, well it is only another week or two more... over and over.

White/White/CF Plaid 21s, FSD pushed to Sep. 26-Sep. 30.
You ordered in April correct? We have the same config (although i ordered way after you). I had a similar EDD for about five days before it went to Oct 26th - Nov 15th. Haven’t seen many, if any, of these configs delivered. Here’s hoping your EDD sticks.

Reactions: LiveSai and impastu
But..."it's out of their hands"

LOL

I don't agree it's out of Tesla's hands. Tesla is fully responsible, because Tesla is the company that sold me the car and provided a February/March delivery date.

I'm tired of hearing about parts shortages. I didn't buy the car contingent on Tesla's suppliers coming through. It was Tesla's job to figure out the logistics. Tesla is responsible for choosing its suppliers. Tesla is responsible for overseeing its suppliers.

Nor do I agree that Tesla's suppliers are the primary factor in this outrageous delay. All the evidence I've seen indicates that Tesla was nowhere near ready to make this car when they began selling it in January. The notion that they were going to deliver my car in February/March 2021 is plainly bullshit.

I don't agree it's out of Tesla's hands. Tesla is fully responsible, because Tesla is the company that sold me the car and provided a February/March delivery date.

I'm tired of hearing about parts shortages. I didn't buy the car contingent on Tesla's suppliers coming through. It was Tesla's job to figure out the logistics. Tesla is responsible for choosing its suppliers. Tesla is responsible for overseeing its suppliers.

Nor do I agree that Tesla's suppliers are the primary factor in this outrageous delay. All the evidence I've seen indicates that Tesla was nowhere near ready to make this car when they began selling it in January. The notion that they were going to deliver my car in February/March 2021 is plainly bullshit.
Yeah, honestly for those who ordered in Q1, I don't know how you even kept your orders at this point. I am already annoyed with Tesla enough to consider a Taycan and it's only been ~3 months for me.

Took a ride tonight to the new Glendale Arizona Service Center. There were about 30 LR's in the lot all with 19" wheels. Only 1 white with white and it had wood interior. There was only 3 Plaids and not a 21" wheel in the place. The cars must have just gotten there as they were covered in dirt and rain spots. We have not had rain in months here.
WHAT!!!!

Just got a call from a Tesla SA asking if I'd take my same configuration except with cream interior and take delivery tomorrow. Told him I'm going to hold out for white because it looks so good.
I would prefer cream over the white I ordered. When I called about this I was told I have to pay the new +$10k price AND would be moved to last in line for a car.

So I am torn! MY EDD is coming up! Oct 11-20th! I currently have a Red/Black/Ebony Plaid with 1100 miles on it. I paid $10k more for that one so I could get it in July (I am glad, bc I could not have waited this long). I love the car and really love the interior now. The ebony wood is just so nice looking in person and the way it looks flowing into the left dash screen is actually nicer than the carbon fiber, which I have seen with black interior in person. I have not seen the white yet, my Wife has white interior on her Model X and we both love it, thats why I ordered it. I planned on selling this black interior one at $5,000 less than I paid to split the difference but now I'm debating just keeping the black interior! I think I may go see it in person and decide then. Tough call!